It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homesexuallity DNA'ed or a choice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i saw a funny documentory of the crazy world of animal sex or suthing

was pritty funny it had lions having sex yer i reckon its a dominate thing
and its probably a choice dna wouldnt exclude sex with a natural parnter thats stupid to think that a kid drops out of a box and is homo and would only purisuit sex with other males i think a very big dna code allways leaves room for hetrosexual sex but sum people get homo atributes and develop interests in puberty what have ya

but to say theres a gay geneif there is a point out
doesnt mean therese no sraight sex gene aswell any one who defies this i think is a bit retarded its still a choice like mid aged virgins and satanic mascuresim people

i think people who are homo and bi are a bit messed up maybe an extra cromazone here

what i did find funny was i also so in a wild world nature thingo was

the head elephant in a group also the alpha aggressor elephant was dieing and on its last knees
was a bully to the the youngest male who was old enoghth to have sex

while the alpha elephant was dying and was clearly in already enogh pain the young elephant stuck its penis in the alpha elephants ass and fked it man of all the things in the world to copp as ur dying an elephant stagg there prity smrat creatures with good memories supposingly

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, in my opinion, this is a very cyclical and circular topic of conversation. I don't think there is ONE realy answer. You can look way back into the arguements behind nature vs. nuture to come up with your individual belief(s) behind homosexuality; but, I don't think you'll be lucky enough to find any definitive answers or legitimate proof.

My personal belief, homosexuality is a very great and complex mix of nature (DNA) and nuture (cultural/social influences). Yes, homosexuality has been a common occurence since as far back as we can document, and yes, we do see instances of homosexuality in a wide variety of life...but, I have to question, take out genetics and will homosexuality exist? Take out the factor of influence, will homosexuality exist? I would posit that both nature and nuture work hand in hand to create such phenomena. Remove one or the other from the equation and who knows what we are left with.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_WORT
Unfortunately, in my opinion, this is a very cyclical and circular topic of conversation. I don't think there is ONE realy answer. You can look way back into the arguements behind nature vs. nuture to come up with your individual belief(s) behind homosexuality; but, I don't think you'll be lucky enough to find any definitive answers or legitimate proof.

My personal belief, homosexuality is a very great and complex mix of nature (DNA) and nuture (cultural/social influences). Yes, homosexuality has been a common occurence since as far back as we can document, and yes, we do see instances of homosexuality in a wide variety of life...but, I have to question, take out genetics and will homosexuality exist? Take out the factor of influence, will homosexuality exist? I would posit that both nature and nuture work hand in hand to create such phenomena. Remove one or the other from the equation and who knows what we are left with.
Science isn't subject to the relativity of opinions, and there is a science behind homosexuality.

Without DNA, there is no life. The line between nature is, in the infamous words of Penn & Teller, bullsh**. That'd be like attributing the properties of water to either the two hydrogen atom or the large oxygen atom. Even if homosexuality is entirely psychological (for which there is no evidence), that gives no one the right to tell gays that they can't live their lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As a lesbian, I just have to throw in my 2 cents here:

There's been a great deal of research and debate over sexual orientation.
Why doesn't anyone ask why my favorite color is black?
Why doesn't anyone care why I prefer spicy food to sweet food?
Why isn't any research being done to determine why I prefer heavy metal over country music?

Why is it always about why I am attracted to women instead of men?

Oh I suppose all the research and debate might have meant something at one time. If it had been determined from the very beginning that sexual orientation was strictly hereditary, then I suppose that I might not have been fired from that job. Maybe I would have been granted the right to marry the one I loved. Maybe things would have been easier. Then again, it might not have made any difference at all.

At this point I don't believe it will make a difference. If a 100% sure answer were to turn up tomorrow, I don't think anything would change. The general public would still have its own ideas and preconceived notions. My mother still wouldn't speak to me. That church that kicked me out back in the 80s wouldn't call up and apologize or invite me back.

So why is all the importance placed on who I am attracted to? It's a simple preference, that's all. No "agenda." No plot to take over the world. No plans to "convert" your daughters.

For whatever reason, I prefer women. I don't consciously choose to be attracted to them, it just happens - and we may never know why.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
As a lesbian, I just have to throw in my 2 cents here:

There's been a great deal of research and debate over sexual orientation.
Why doesn't anyone ask why my favorite color is black?
Why doesn't anyone care why I prefer spicy food to sweet food?
Why isn't any research being done to determine why I prefer heavy metal over country music?

Someday, I'm certain that those questions will be answerable.

Why is it always about why I am attracted to women instead of men?

Oh I suppose all the research and debate might have meant something at one time. If it had been determined from the very beginning that sexual orientation was strictly hereditary, then I suppose that I might not have been fired from that job. Maybe I would have been granted the right to marry the one I loved. Maybe things would have been easier. Then again, it might not have made any difference at all.

At this point I don't believe it will make a difference. If a 100% sure answer were to turn up tomorrow, I don't think anything would change. The general public would still have its own ideas and preconceived notions. My mother still wouldn't speak to me. That church that kicked me out back in the 80s wouldn't call up and apologize or invite me back.

So why is all the importance placed on who I am attracted to? It's a simple preference, that's all. No "agenda." No plot to take over the world. No plans to "convert" your daughters.

For whatever reason, I prefer women. I don't consciously choose to be attracted to them, it just happens - and we may never know why.
The religionists of the world refuse to allow questioning of their dogma and the moral precepts contained therein. They never stop to wonder whether they are logical and rational because that's not the way dogma works. Dogma isn't science, and so therefore no one can ever question whether it's right or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join