It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = Altruism - Trust - Sincerity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have to agree with the comments that were made about it not being ANY of our business how much the guys make off this site. in a perfect world its enough that they could quit their "day jobs" and work for their corporation full time and draw a real living from it. but even if they were making millions, is that my business? i think not. if you arent making full time wages from this then i hope you do expand to the point that becomes a reality. it has to seem that the time you put into this does constitute a "second full time job", not to mention yer day jobs, families, personal time etc...go for it guys

next id like to comment on the suggestion of offering a nominal fee membership. maybe the only benefit to it would be to see the site devoid of ALL ads maybe? (who wouldnt pay 5 bucks to NOT hear the buzzing mosquito?) leave the site EXACTLY the same only knock out all the ads, add a RATS membership etc? just thoughts as you guys do seem to at least consider ideas from the members from time to time. (though i do understand taht could open up new areas of taxation etc which could just mean huge headaches)

anyway, great job so far, good luck in the future, remember there are more of us "with you" than "against you"

Damo

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So what does it all mean?

I know many of you have some justified curiosity and even concerns over the implications of the initial post and follow-up comments. Here are some additional tasty tidbits that run the gamut from solidified plans to pie-in-the-sky hopes.

ATS Core: We've come this far on the basis of supporting a broad range of speculative discussion on a long list of "alternative topics". As we look at techniques to expand ATS, they will always involve our core concept. No one need fear that the integrity of our topical diversity will be diluted.

Expert Contributors: One of the key aspects of our growth plans involve attracting preeminent experts in ATS subject areas to create unique content for ATS, and then follow-up by contributing to collaborative discussions with our members. This may take many forms, but will likely fall most often into a traditional publishing model of paying thought leaders to write articles on ATS subjects.

Expert Members: There are a host of current (and likely future) members who on their own, have developed into compelling thought leaders on the basis of their contributions to ATS. We expect to have several avenues whereby these members can enjoy some financial gain through the creation of content for ATS.

AboveTopSecret.com As The Epicenter: We hope to expand into several alternate venues that explore compelling angles and ideas expressed in the posts written by the members of ATS. As this happens, the discussion board will always remain the life-blood epicenter of all things. The goal is to create content universe that is inspired by your posts, encourages collaborative discussion about the content, and then further inspires new efforts. An intellectual feedback loop, if you will.

There is a great deal of exploration into the possibilities of these and other aspects of strategies to take our board into uncharted territory.

In addition to a significant effort in developing exciting new content opportunities, we're also focused on many items that will enhance and improve the overall ATS experience.

Social Networking: We're working on additions to the core ATS code base that introduces advanced aspects of "Web 2.0" social networking into the fabric of our discussion boards. We're certainly not going to turn into some silly MySpace clone, and the features will be as tightly integrated (or more so) as our podcasting capabilities.

Enhanced Hardware Cluster: Our next step in the evolution of our infrastructure is to move beyond what is available via dedicated server providers, and purchase our own sophisticated customized server cluster. This will enable us to create hardware that is better optimized for our unique set of features, and greatly enhance the overall performance of the core discussion boards.

Video: You've long been asking for it, and we are moving toward the ability for members to upload and share important video content that enhances discussion about our core concepts.

Wireless Features: We'll soon see the return of posting via cell phone and full-featured wireless access to the discussion boards.

Undisclosed Big Project: And there is one project under way that will be a very interesting addition to ATS... this one is well above top secret.

And since there has been discussion about the possibility of ATS "going public" to offer stock, this has indeed crossed our minds, and remains a possibility. There are several legal means where by a justifiably favored group of people can be provided "first crack" at stock ownership. You can be assured that making such a method available to all members will be a top priority if and when this happens.

The "experiment" of building ATS is over. It's time to get real and push ahead. It's an exciting time, and we owe it all to you.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Those sound like great additions, I do have one question though.

Is this oging to be a gradual addition like adding one thing at
a time, or more like an adding everything at once in a small
amount of time?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
should first study your site stats.

You are being filtered, from the outside or the inside.
Certainly for the 9/11 forum.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ATS Stock...

WOOOO HOOOOO

I have always evaluated my stock purchase in regards to the popularity of the individual entity. Choosing to disregard and ignore projections as they are tremendously fickle and unpredictable.

In that regard, ATS would be a wonderful opportunity for investment...

I am ALL OVER THAT...

Semper

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You know I wouldn't mind the option of buying some stock either. It would in fact be the first time for me but I think it's a winning option.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You guys have my support, keep up the good work

I can't wait to see what happens....seriously, I feel like a seven year old on Christmas Eve

Also, sign me up for ATS stock

[edit on 18/11/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I for one, have no problems with this, as long as we dont have to pay for our memberships.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
One of the most important aspects about ATS is anyone with access to the internet can participate - and it would be extremely beneficial if EVERYONE has access to the internet, but I digress.

I would hope that whatever changes are implemented are done to improve the flow of information to everyone - not just those who have the extra cash to pay for the privilege.

In other words - keep it free and open to all.

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It has been stated at least TWICE in this thread (and MANY OTHERS) that ATS WILL NEVER be a pay site.

sheesh...

Springer...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Does anyone actually READ threads anymore?

*Raises hand*
I do, in fact I'v read every post in this thread thus far.

I was considering saying something similiar, but since you
said it, I don't need to, and considering you are one of the
owners/site runners, it (should) have more of an effect.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The Cost Of Doing Business

Originally posted by Springer
It has been stated at least TWICE in this thread (and MANY OTHERS) that ATS WILL NEVER be a pay site.

So, how much is membership going to cost?

Aside from actively advertising itself and some of the new features and programs, I doubt ATS is going to seem all that different to most members.

It's natural to worry that changes like these will be for the worst, but it's quite obvious to me that the Amigos understand -- probably better than anyone else -- what makes ATS so awesome.

If I ever see them doing something I think would threaten what I love about ATS, I consider it my duty as a member and a mod to tell them -- and will, if need be.

So far, I'm not worried at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
If I ever see them doing something I think would threaten what I love about ATS, I consider it my duty as a member and a mod to tell them -- and will, if need be.

You, shy away from an opinion? Unlikely.

It is this reason alone, that should leave us resting at ease. We have plenty of opinions on this board, and I believe the right ones are in the right positions do something about it.

I highly doubt the quality of this site is in jeopardy.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Maintain the original intent and purposes of "ATS."
I think that is all that most of us would ask.
Other than that, if 'money' and 'income' is the one goal, along with increased membership and visibility, etc, then so be it.
That is simply a byproduct of the internet and change.
But one's roots should never be forgotten, IMHO.

My best to all those concerned with/in this endeavor.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

That's what got us here and what will take us further.

If anything, the primary effort is to improve and enhance the original goals of ATS.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Hey SeekerOf.

There have been add-ons, branches, enhancements, etc...but the CORE value of ATS hasn't changed at all in the entire time I've been around.

I don't think any of the owners has ever changed their core values either. Sure new methods or approaches are tried, but the core value for an online collaborative community dedicated to conspiracies and more has never changed.

If anything, I've seen members change their approach to collaborative efforts and then claim that ATS is at fault.

It's a strange phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's pretty unheard of for me to do anything for 3 years. Haven't lived in one house that long since I was 10. Haven't been to the same school that long since I was 7. Never been with one girl that long, never been with one job for even 1/3 of that. I am, afterall, The Vagabond.

And I'm pushin' on 3 years at ATS with no end in sight because the management seems to know what they're dong when they make changes. Take PTS- worst case scenario, it could have killed WOT and Weaponry and sent a lot of our members packing in protest of having posts moved. Didn't happen, and I love PTS.

If you guys go public, I'm gonna be the poorest man in America who owns stock. Just make sure you let me know when or if it's coming.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just found this thread and I am left wondering, all these years after it was first posted, does it still apply.

I just wonder sometimes and I don’t mean just the owners but I mean the mods, members and even myself.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can only speak for myself, but yeah. The OP still applies to me I think. Being here doesn't financially nor professionally profit me. It's a labor of love... and just as with that analog - sometimes love isn't easy and can actually be downright difficult.

Still, I stay. I stay because of the members. I stay because of the sense of community. And I do my utmost best to remain loyal to both of those thing. As a human, and a creature of emotion, I probably fall short sometimes... but I do try.

I believe the same is probably true for 99.9 % of the people here and 100% of those who have been around for awhile.

~Heff

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I just found this thread and I am left wondering, all these years after it was first posted, does it still apply.

100%

If you have Altruism then you have Trust and if you have trust then you have Sincerity.

I just wonder sometimes and I don’t mean just the owners but I mean the mods, members and even myself.
Bonds between people must be made of Altruism , Trust and Sincerity.

If you are altruistic, trustable and sincere.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join