It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mrs.Carter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I met a woman by the name of Pam Carter. Pam Carter taught Literature at Salem High School and had won best teacher award three years in a row. There was a certain presence when she entered the room. Now matter how much the class would scream, yell, and pitch a fit, Pam Carter would not yell over a student. She was better than that. She would never scream, or send kids up to the office, She would talk to them. She would never send a child out in the hall; she would talk to them. She would ask them about their homelife, and make sure things are going OK. She would ask them about their relationships and offer them help and advice. She was above all a mother. She had a certain aura that promoted peace, She just felt like a mother. I went through a point when I would call her Mom. She never closed her heart to anyone, and accepted all. Pam's impact on me would be on books. She introduced me to Edgar Allen Poe, Maya Angelou, Charles Dickens, Stephen Hawking, Stephen King, the list goes on. She will stay in my heart forever. I think about her still to this day as I enter my Lit class. Another thing she taught me was that Teachers are people too. She taught me to love and respect them. She above all others would teach me that it is OK to be friends with a teacher, no matter what my peers said. If anyone here is in school and does not like their teacher or teachers, just remember that they are Human too, and they can have problems just like you do.
dedicated to Mrs. Carter and teachers everywhere.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Ford Farmer]

new topics

join