It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

john titor possible present person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was wondering since john titor posted on a web site then there must have been information on his ip address and email address. i mean he must have used some type of computer to post on the site, and he must have registered with an email address. How come no one tried to hack him?

just a little rant..

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
the information is probably out there somewhere, but from what i read about him didnt he speak alot on IRC?, shame i wasnt using it back then
i'd have logged his ip and details because im in the habit of doing that to most if not everyone i speak to

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It was an irc channel. The original data is gone.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
His younger self here in the present is already tracked and his family is contacted by fans.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
No he isn't. Titor isn't real in the first place, even if a person accepts the ludicrous story, or ignores that it was lifted from a previously published fictional novel, we're IN the time that he says these things would be happening, and they're NOT.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
we're IN the time that he says these things would be happening, and they're NOT.

This very fact proves that John had a successful mission and that everthing he posted is the truth. God's speed John Titor!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

No he isn't. Titor isn't real in the first place, even if a person accepts the ludicrous story, or ignores that it was lifted from a previously published fictional novel, we're IN the time that he says these things would be happening, and they're NOT.

His story would of worked (or at least part of it) if Kerry was elected. He spoke of him joining the military in the Civil War. Some people in the military weren't happy because Kerry was planning on taking away critical components of our arsenal. That would lead to a possibility of a military versus government.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

His story would of worked (or at least part of it) if Kerry was elected. He spoke of him joining the military in the Civil War. Some people in the military weren't happy because Kerry was planning on taking away critical components of our arsenal. That would lead to a possibility of a military versus government.

John changed the past when he came to us. So his future is different. I knew his mission involved more than what he said. He fixed everything so the civil war wouldn't happen and then he just disappeared into a new time line. Thats my take on it anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

John changed the past when he came to us. So his future is different. I knew his mission involved more than what he said. He fixed everything so the civil war wouldn't happen and then he just disappeared into a new time line. Thats my take on it anyway.

You are right.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This does make sense, oh well he said that in his time the knowledge of time travel was known to most people. So it could be that in 30 years we will be intoduced to time travel. Or since he changed the past the past the government will keep it a secret, and only a sellect few will no.

sbj

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've always loved the John Titor subject just because its one of those things that you'll probably NEVER know for sure. On one hand you can believe the story and say that, John succeeded and therefor none of the things he said would happen would come to fruition. However you can apply that argument to anything when it come to time travel.

Its like me going online and posting something like, "I'm a time traveler from the year 3192. Where I come from the entire universe is run by corrupt Purple Alligators from the planet Doopa-Poopa 4. This all starts tomorrow. I've been given a machine (from my militia group, The Gator-Haters...we're not too creative in the future) to stop them from arriving here...tomorrow."

Wake up tomorrow and lo! No Purple Alligators! Did I succeed, or was I just full of crap?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

[His story would of worked (or at least part of it) if Kerry was elected. He spoke of him joining the military in the Civil War. Some people in the military weren't happy because Kerry was planning on taking away critical components of our arsenal. That would lead to a possibility of a military versus government.

You are right.

no they are not, for the simple fact that a paradox would not allow this.
He would not need to come back in time to prevent something that does not occur - how would he even know. Hence he would not have posted and Titor would not be known in this context.

new topics

top topics

join