It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Spy Ignored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In the mid nineteen-ninties French and UK intelligence got a view at what would become the birth of Al Qaeda. French intelligence had recruited a former Islamic militant named Omar Nasiri. They sent Nisiri to Afghanistan to infiltrate Al Qaeda training camps. In Afghanistan he was provided with "intense and comprehensive" military traning. He also claims to have witnessed chemical weapons experiments using cyanide on rabbits. After training he was sent to London to start his own cell. UK intelligence then got involved. He was sent to infiltrate the Finsbury Park Mosque run by Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada. Dispite of the evidence gathered in the end British intelligence didn't believe Al Qaeda posed a serious enough threat to warrant more resources to be directed against them.

news.bbc.co.uk
It is rare to get an insider's perspective on the emergence of al-Qaeda. It is also rare to get a glimpse of the world of spies and agents. To provide both is incredibly unusual.

Omar Nasiri - not his real name but one chosen to protect his identity - says he spent seven years working as an agent for European intelligence services and as an al-Qaeda operative, part of the time in the UK.

He provides a unique insight into how al-Qaeda was far more organised, coherent and determined in the 1990s than was appreciated at the time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well I guess it just shows it wasn't just us yanks who had our heads up are rears. You would think that after the embassy bombings things would have changed.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I read the whole article, and I am glad that Al-Queda was being watched back then, but, it is hard to say that they knew what they were capable of and the extent of what they had planned back and could carry out back then.

It is almost like knowing the bully in your neighborhood. You might know he has guns, he might make threats about things, but you don't now if he will ever back up those threats or actually do anything.

I don't think I can actually blame them for not acting against Osama back then.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think they saw that the CIA was handeling them pretty well... wait! Al-Ciada did 9/11? The CIA didn't do his job? Like... stopping the organisation that they infiltrated, funded, trained and armed? Shame on them!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Abu Qatada, 48, one of Europe's most influential extremists, had alleged that his conviction in Jordan was based on evidence extracted by torture.

The home secretary said she was "delighted" at the decision, calling him "a truly dangerous individual".

Abu Qatada's lawyer said she had lodged an application to appeal.

Gareth Peirce has submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights. Her client cannot be deported until the appeal bid has been considered.

The five Law Lords who unanimously backed Abu Qatada's removal also supported the deportation of two Algerian terrorism suspects, known as RB and U, whose cases covered similar grounds.

Text

Human rights group Amnesty International said it was "gravely concerned" about the ruling's implications.

Spokesman Nicola Duckworth said: "No-one should be deported to face a risk of torture, whatever they might be alleged or suspected to have done.

"States simply cannot pick and choose which people have human rights.

"If these individuals in question are reasonably suspected of having committed a criminal offence relating to terrorism, it is always open to the UK authorities to charge them and give them a fair trial."

Text

Okay human rights Amnesty International are now becoming blind dhimmis too, because if this guy had it this way he would blow your organisation and your human rights up for being an infedel. They are trying to charm a snake, it might smile at you but it's instincts is always to swallow the mouse and these people are acting like mice. Practice what you preach freak, because in the end I doubt he'll give much thoughts to Human rights and tollerance and yet patting him on the back will some how seem he will change. Keep him out of the UK and stop getting your knickers in the twist England the nation because you are too kind to not send the very people back who want to kill your tollerant ideology and freedoms. This Amnesty International opinion is hypocritical, if they feel sorry for him wanting to kill your ideology its no different to be handed a granade and not throwing it back, in the end its your loss and your next visit to London may be cancelled due to all those trains full of people they blew up, give a few days and forget about it, then try and feel sorry for them by letting people like him stay here. I am glad that the government has grown the balls to send him out of the UK I hope with many other haters of freedom that they live off the UK to spite you.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by The time lord]

top topics

join