It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Earthquake Next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Okay, so it's been a good couple of years or more since we in California have had a noticeable trembler that I can remember. I am no psychic, nor geologist for that matter, but I do predict that with all the activity that has been occuring along the Pacific Rim within the last two years tah California is SERIOUSLY overdue.

This is not rocket science obviously and I did'nt't want to post rhetoric, instead I wanted to get some opinions from anyone like myself living in the area who has had some very queasy feelings lately like " Today really feels like the day " ( the weather here is very unseasonable right now, and many earthquakes have occured during heat waves)......

Anyways I'm going out on a limb and saying by mid-January of 2007 we will have a sizeable tremor.... but that is after Mexico City has it's own semi-devastating quake. Quote me on this and remember this post 11/16/06

And if we do break off of the continental United States.....Arizona, enjoy your new beaches. Surfs Up !!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't like thinking about it but we ARE overdue for a shake up. The 'earthquake weather' is a little unsettling. My feeling is that Cali will have a major shaking between Aug. '07 and Aug. '08. We may have plenty of small quakes before that time but I don't think they will be large enough to cause any major damage.

I'm basing this purely on my feelings and have nothing to back up my thoughts or opinions ... unless you count the fact that I'm simply not ready for an earthquake anytime in the immediate future.

I'm in Southern CA. Is your prediction for ALL of CA or a specific area?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well I don't think California could "Break off" as it is a Transverse fault (I think it's something like that) so it's just sliding along.

And for relatively up-to-date quake info, this is what you want:

California/Nevada Quakes

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
California is definately due....

If there isn't a major one in the next 3-5 years, I'd be extremely surprised.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I concur...California will have an unusual earthquake.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There seems to be more small quakes around there than usual, but that might mean nothing.

new topics

top topics

join