It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Change Even Possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I truly think that growing hemp and using it to its fullest potential would do MUCH good!

Bamboo produces a finer, softer and more politically sound fiber.
It grows much faster as well.

www.greenfinds.com...

[edit on 17-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Quite strong, too! I use bamboo, actually, in a lot of things - more as a wood than a fiber, though.

Hemp has also the following uses:

The Hemp Seeds are pressed to obtain oil, crushed to create flour or eaten as a nut substitute. The various grades of this EFA rich oil can be used as a nutritional supplement, in aromatherapy, in the manufacture of body care products and cosmetics, as a lubricant, in the manufacture of alkyd resins etc.

The Hemp Cake (which is the remains of the seeds once it has been through the oil press) can be used as animal feed, in plant fertilizer, in bait and much more.

That is from Uses for Hemp where there is also information about various ways in which the oil from the seed is used, too.

BTW- after posting yesterday, I explored most of the links you gave on this thread and wanted to thank you for such excellent information! And also I admire your dedicated interest toward this issue - there is a lot more hope than I realized simply because of people such as yourself. We all have our driving forces and all are necessary and yet certain ones are more crucial in our present time!

God bless you!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Don't think it can be stopped, slowed maybe?, with maximum global effort. Find a self contained and sustained power source and reduce emissions. Accepting the damage here now and the damage still to come from past and present Global Warming can only make things worse for our future generations.

Doing something eg less AC usage at home. Less vehicle trips to do singular things -- do all things possible in a single trip, saves gas and burns less fossil fuels...and on and on.

Don't think many will role-back to horse and buggy days but doesn't every little bit help.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Don't think it can be stopped, slowed maybe?, with maximum global effort.

(...)

Don't think many will role-back to horse and buggy days but doesn't every little bit help.

All that you said would certainly help - but not turn back the situation; these things are what we are probably going to have no choice but to do, and lots of other stuff, too.

But, (IMO), it is not for us to control - this planet is far more mighty than even the whole human race in combination - and if the whole human race (no I mean WHEN) finally becomes cognizant, aware, and aligned with the underlying truth of our unity as ONE - then we will also be ONE with our planet (MOTHER) just as with deity (FATHER)...

And if that were already the case, what is going on right now wouldn't seem so threatening to so many - and there would be no denial - it would still be the same, I believe- the earth cycles just as the seasons and even our own bodies! But it is our reaction and inability to understand and act in harmony that makes it seem like a 'problem.'

Does that make sense?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join