It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCLA Police Taser Student For Not Showing ID W/Video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What is this, the nazist university?
Should every one that does not obey get tased?
Looking on some of you that support this amasses me, that movie looked like a horror movie to me, all that was needed for a finishing touch was a SS sign raped around the police officer's arm.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor

I've tried it on my friends and I let them taser me, yes it makes you go limp
But Does it relly hurt that bad? no it dosen't

av alook on youtube for Taser and see how manny People you see screaming like that

That Silly Young man was Overplaying it, Making a scene, And I bet Thats what he wanted

Don't be fooled, this was NOT Torture!

Not torture my left foot!

Try it on, when you're sober. And give youself 5-6 jolts like it was used on this student. I own a taser and I tested it on myself and its no picnic. When I used it on my legs It was like walking on nails for next 10 minutes.

I cannot imagine how would it feel if I used it on soft parts of the body like kindeys.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Taking the easy way out eh? And yes I do take offense to this seeing as I have a family of Police, Firemen, Nurses, Teachers ect(other public servants). They get shat on left and right in the media. Youd be surprised how much it can take to bring an individual down, depends alot on size, but can also depend on whether the individual was on drugs at the time. You dont know and I dont know as I said before. But there are still those of you who jump to the conclusion that the cop is wrong no matter what. Remember, they are people just like you and me. If the cop was wrong, Ill be the first to admit that.

Oh and by the way, its not the size of the man in the fight, its the size of the fight in the man.

[edit on 11/17/2006 by ludaChris]

I don't think you understand what my whole post was constituting, because you seem to firmly believe that the tazer was obviously.. easily justified.

Next time I see you lie, sin, or speed, I'm going to tazer you. It's as ridiculous like that. If he was a criminal and was clearly a threat to the area, as I said, then it
couldof been justified.

Edit: The justification for using it several times after isn't all to there. That's fairly dangerous for any individual..

[edit on 11/17/2006 by Masisoar]

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
AMERICA IS INSANITY!!!

When the system are programmed into the mind of humans - And they are getting use to the screams..
You think they would not put you in the camps?!

Stupid PLASTIC ID card...nation...

no comments - it sucks.

(Boiling the frog nation)

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There are few points to be made here.

1. If he would have showed a card, NONE of this would have happened.

2. The third time they tased him, it was an abuse of power, performed by 'campus police'. This is not the US government. RENT A COPS who want to be the big man.

3. The students should have stepped in and stopped it. What it showed is that people are complacent and will allow things of this nature to occur. If people are so outraged take the chance at a jolt an try to stop it. The video is horrible.

Will the fact that he is Muslim come out and infuriate anyone? There are a few different stories going around as to what happened. Bottom line is that he should have jsut showed an ID, or he should have just gotten the funk out.

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well - Maybe this is one of the reasons - to introduce the ID-chip instead.
The police wont have - to go check on people anymore...

looks like human flesh is about to become the same value as libary books - Might as well have chips in both - the book and the human.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
3. The students should have stepped in and stopped it.

And what, in this country today, do you think would have happened to them? If a guy gets tased 5 times for not showing ID, what would have happened to those who tried to overtake officers doing 'their duty'?

What it showed is that people are complacent and will allow things of this nature to occur.

Complacent or fearful of thier own safety? The people weren't complacent, they were yelling "No! Stop"! and demanding badge numbers. Complacent people would have sat in their chairs and watched.

The video showed one officer responding to a student by threatening that the student would "get Tased too." At this point, the officer was still holding a Taser.

Source

Complacent? I don't think so. There is one place where the blame for this incident falls. And it's the 'cops'.

This account makes me cry...

He had an ethnic name.
He didn't have his papers.
He tried to leave, as they told him to do.
And they shot him with thousands of volts of electricity when he got mad.

Afterwards, a sergeant minimized the episode by saying, "If he was able to walk out of here, I think he was ok."

I see. My mistake. I was thinking that this didn't sound much like my America. But you see, I have an ethnic name. And my skin looks kinda dark. My bad. He walked out of there ok, after all. It must have been alright.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Don't be fooled, this was NOT Torture!

That is not torture? Oh I suppose the other guy who was punched 5 times in the face by a cop was not torture either eh? Or the other cop who had his knee of the guys neck nearly chockin him to death?

Taz the guy once or twice yeah but not umteen times, that is a complete abuse off power. You heard the screams of the student everytime he was tazered, I actually think the cops were enjoying it. Even a famale student can be heard asking an pleading for the cops to stop, they completely ignored her.

Is this what the US has come to? The supposing Land of the Free? It is absolutely shocking to this sort of thing happenin in the so called Demoracy. Maybe that should be changed to the Dictatorship Country. I hope the students who witnessed this, goes as witnesses for this student, and I hope the cops in question are sacked or jailed for this.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
He was somewhere he should not have been, and he made a scene. He simply needed to stand up, and leave. That is it. THen none of this would have happened.

Tasering 5 times may have been excessive, but can anyone defending this guy tell me how they were supposed to deal with someone who "went limp' in the officers arms so they would have to carry him out, like a protestor, and was refusing to leave. Do we just ignore people who question authority and rules? Where would this get us? He did not go quietly, and there will always be 2 sides to a story.

He is fortunate all he got was tased since they could not use pepper spray in the confines of that library. The abuse of power could have been much, much worse for him.

However, it all goes back to, 'stand up please, and leave..." Why could he not just listen.

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

And what, in this country today, do you think would have happened to them? If a guy gets tased 5 times for not showing ID, what would have happened to those who tried to overtake officers doing 'their duty'?

I totally agreed! hoy!

What is unfolding is hostorical for you Americans...ah Historical - sorry my bad english...
Global changes? Why did the cops get the TEAZERS in the first place? To Protect your nation from violence and maybe big riots.

Babies being born into this world today...All these sons and daugthers. Born with love.... And then THIS come along.. Dear mother - The police just teazed me at the school libary to day - Im kinda scared now - They might come back for me again.. Should i change school mother? - They might not like me anymore at school...
That is the first thought...About the Babies being born into the world as of today...

It's all their for you on cellphone... Good bless Tele-communication?

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I haven't read through all nine pages of posts, so forgive me if I rehash something previously said.

My first question is why did this guy have a video camera in the library? Could this have all been a set up?

That being asked, these cops should be fired. There were enough of them to physically lift the guy up and carry him to the car. Why they kept insisting that he get up on his own I don't know. Now that doesn't absolve the victim of any responsibility. Once the victim knew the students in the library were on his side, he exascerbated the situation, almost to the point of causing a riot, by not getting up.

Plenty of blame to go around here, but the cops should've handled the situation better.

Peace

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Dr Love]

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I agree on DR.Love there - He just described the situation for you all..

Anyone else knows what happend in that libary? what was really the reaction on the people students in the background.

fear?

Where they afraid of that teazer or somthing? similar?

The uniform - the meaning of that uniform.
What is the original idea of cops? I think I have no idea....

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Disgusting attitude by some in here.

This is why America isn't going to last ultimately. You folks don't know your rights anymore, and since you don't know your rights, you'll be easier to stick into compromising positions. This is why the law dictionaries are getting thinner.

I suggest you all get a copy of the CPL in your state, a Black's Law Dictionary, the patrolman guide of local law enforcement, and you'll have a better understanding over the things police can and can't do.

The first two things a person observing what took place in that library should've done (especially if they overheard the threat that they would be tasered if they got involved in what they saw as abusive force):

- Call 911 and immediately inform them of the situation (doesn't matter if these were officers in the library) another unit will be sent.

- Demand a connect to the Internal Affairs Bureau, tell them the situation and get the log # for the record.

After that get record of witnesses and seek good legal representation as soon as it is possible. Don't let something like this get cold for a second.

Be loud while doing this. There's a good chance the bad dogs will snap out of the power trip trance once they realize they might be in deep # and prevent escalation of the situation.

The moment those officers put their hands on the kid (and he was leaving too) they committed assault. The blue boys immediately put themselves in a spot to cost them their badges. The taser use puts the whole thing into the stratosphere.

Outrageous.

An injustice takes place and instead of seeking an on the scene legal remedy, the collective do 'what the ones who didn't know what the hell they were doing before them did.' Protest.

And I don't want to hear it. You Americans don't know how good you have it. I've seen with my own eyes, an unarmed man who knows his stuff, send armed cops running from him. Learn your rights.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by massexodus]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Okay so he went limp. That doesn't give him the right to be tazerd. If he was a white man then NONE of this would of happened. They didn't ask for his id card. The grabbed him first as he was leaving. HE WAS ALREADY LEAVING, WHY HARRASS A MAN WHO IS LEAVING.

Also even if he went limp there is no reason to tazer him. After they tasered him they should just drag him out.

They need to make it so every cop in the nation gets tasered once so they understand that it hurts.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Said it earlier and I'll say it again.

Over 400,000 US Servicemen died in WW2 to prevent this kind of thing happening.

Why can't any of the people who seem to be condoning this understand that?

(Oh yes, in response to the sheep who say "what was a video recorder doing there" maybe it was a cellphone that has a video capture facility. Or maybe a wireless webcam in a room full of computing equipment perhaps)

[edit on 17-11-2006 by neformore]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The Official account is now available from UCLA Police on their website for anyone interested.

UCLA Police Dept.

The file is a PDF: Powell Library Incident

The contact information is available there as well. Voice your opinion direct to the source.

Additionally you should also check out the recent list of crimes perpetrated on UCLA grounds. Might give added insight into why the police were checking ID cards for one, and why they over-reacted (if you feel they did).

UCLA Bulletins & Alerts

[edit on 11/17/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No, Being Tazerd Is not nice, and yes it was an Abuse of Power.

But You Must Accept the Student was Playing on it.

and Screaming like that was Not Nessecery

The Student and the Pilice were BOTH C***S

----punched 5 times in the face by a cop was not torture either eh----

erm, When did this happen?

Plus I would Much rather Be tazerd 5 times than Punched in the face 5 times

Less Painfull

[edit on 17-11-2006 by TrentReznor]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The cops overreacted with the taser! The taser is a lethal weapon. It's as lethal as a gun. The average taser shot is like shooting someone in the foot. If they taser you in the head or too much you will die. Just like if you get shot.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The cops overreacted with the taser! The taser is a lethal weapon. It's as lethal as a gun. The average taser shot is like shooting someone in the foot

Thats Compleatly Unfounded Nonsence

but yeah they overreacted

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Oh and by the way, its not the size of the man in the fight, its the size of the fight in the man.

[edit on 11/17/2006 by ludaChris]

yes but see the difference here is he didnt fight and resist. He resisted by simply going limp. So your telling me THREE cops couldn't lift 1 student and carry him out?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join