It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCLA Police Taser Student For Not Showing ID W/Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
How is that "abuse" of power?

The man CLEARLY disobeyed the officers when the officers KINDLY asked him to show ID. The officers didn't just go up to him and taser him, the kid freakin provoked them to.
Honestly, put your shoes in the shoes of the officers. WHAT in God's name can you do if the kid is completely disobeying your orders? They asked him to stand up like 10 times... he blatantly refused and verbally assaulted the officers. BTW, don't tell me you can't stand up after being tasered, thats a bunch of b.s.. Go watch some taser training videos, they can stand up compeltely fine.

That was a pathetic attempt by a pathetic liberal trying to "fight the establishment." Honestly, I don't see how anyone can side with this loser. He got what was coming.

Sigh...

wow obviously you dont get the fact this is not what A taser is used for. He said no? The three cops were more then powerful enough to simply remove him, especially cuffed. Obviously you believe that just because some one peacefully denies to respond you can taser them.

If they wanted to remove him, they could have. They just wanted to taser somebody though.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
He may be of been a man's age, but a man he was not.

I didn't see anywhere anything remarking about his political slant either.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Whether or not the student was breaking a law/rule is not relevant. The issue here is whether those security guards used necessary force. A security guard or a police officer should only use a form of force if no other option is available; that's part of the mandate for the use of violence by security guards/ police officers.

To me, the student wasn't disobedient; he said he would leave. But even if the student was disobedient, the video clearly shows that the situation could have been handled without tazing the student multiple times. The use of force was unnecessary!

If this had happened in my country, you can bet that our interior Minster would have to answer tough questions from the parliament, and the security guards would have lost their job and most likely sentenced to some jail time for the use of unnecessary force.

Paranoid Duck

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, and you guys owuld be screaming against "excess use of force."

Cops are WEARY of physically forcing someone into submission.

Honestly, HOW can you even side with that kid? He's a complete idiot. He only said he was going to leave AFTER the whole situation escalated.

His political rants - complete b.s. and PATHETIC. What the hell does an officer asking you for I.D. have to do with " the f'ing the patriot act."

Excessive use of force? No. I think a physical scuffle would of been more harmful to BOTH the OFFICERS and the kid... taser worked out best for everyone, obviously.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yeah submission! Sorry but cops are there to protect and SERVE, not submit everyone to their god's might.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Because it's not about sides. It's about actions and their justification.
Not everything is polar.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yeah submission! Sorry but cops are there to protect and SERVE, not submit everyone to their god's might.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

They were doing their JOB for christ's sakes. Are you KIDDING ME?

Sigh, this is pathetic.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

A guy who presents no threat of harm to 3 'police' officers is assaulted 3/4 times with a deadly weapon?

Not obeying instructions is no reason to use such force - surely?

Do you guys not have a requirement for the use of deadly force only in self-defence?

In the 70's/80's this would have led to a complete campus strike / sit-in. I hope the students have the cojones to resist this regime / make their voices heard.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"Deadly weapon" LOL who are you kidding?

The situation would of been MUCH worse if the cops had to use physical force to force that idiot into submission. He deserved it - EVERY single one of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Wow, and you guys owuld be screaming against "excess use of force."

Honestly, HOW can you even side with that kid? He's a complete idiot. He only said he was going to leave AFTER the whole situation escalated.

His political rants - complete b.s. and PATHETIC. What the hell does an officer asking you for I.D. have to do with " the f'ing the patriot act."

Excessive use of force? No. I think a physical scuffle would of been more harmful to BOTH the OFFICERS and the kid... taser worked out best for everyone, obviously.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by k4rupt]

guess what, I know you must hate the idea, but in america, idiots have rights. I know that must suck that liberals have rights as well as conservatives but youll have to live with it.

And no a physical scuffle wouldn't have been more harmful...because the kid was HAND CUFFED! you wont be doing much scuffling when your hand cuffed and three cops are dragging you away. Like a taser is so more human, let me shoot you with one, and will see if that sentiment remains.

Which would rather have, thrown to the ground and cuffed, or tased, cuffed, then tased 4 more times when they could have dragged you out?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow... about 90 minutes later I've seen my message get forwarded on myspace about fifteen times and I've gotten about twenty messages from people saying they would pass it on. This is some good stuff.

Those pigs won't get away with this.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The situation would of been MUCH worse if the cops had to use physical force to force that idiot into submission. He deserved it - EVERY single one of it.

HE WAS ALREADY IN SUBMISSION. How is been hand cuffed and forced to the ground NOT being in submission. They tased him with no reason. You don't taser some one then demand them to get up, then taser them again 10-20 seconds later because he doesn't jump up.

pitiful you could stand up for such abuses.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I don't think cops are bad, I think these cops are bad. I mean, this whole incident displays a gross lack of training and temperment.

There's a way to handle things, and a way not to handle things.

Tasering the poor SOB 4 or 5 times, and nearly inciting a riot on a college campus is probably the wrong way to handle it.

These two men deserve no type of righteous defence from the public. They make other cops look bad, and they make their jobs harder.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

And taser IS a deadly weapon! 300-400 people die from it EVERY YEAR in the USA only! Get your facts straight before saying bullcrap.

link   
ok, I heard him say, later in the video "I said I would leave".
But I didn't hear him say it originally.

How many people were in the Library, versus how many cops?
It was 3 cops..and maybe I dunno..30 other people..

link   
Because he WOULD NOT stand UP! For God's sakes put your shoes in the shoes of the officesr. What would you of done? Offer him cookies if he stood up?

HONESTLY, it is disgusting what the kid did, and even worse that people are actually trying to have these officers lose their jobs for.. doing their job. Their job is already hard enough... now you liberal hooligans try to make it worse? Come on, give them a break.

link   
1st, let me say this is the first thread I've read and considered posting on that I find myself at a loss of words. I'm truly dumbfounded.

2nd, let me put my two cents in here... This situation pi$$es me off!

#1 - How can a student of a campus like that get on campus without a student ID?
#2 - Is a student on campus required ID to enter the library regardless of time?
a: no- how can you require ID at a later time when the same person could have been there 12 hours earlier doing the same thing? What difference does the time make?
b: yes- how did he get into the library without the ID in the 1st place? If ID checks are required at any time, entry should be the main concern, right?
#3 - Aren't tasers a replacement for firearms? Would it be ok for the police to have drawn a gun and fired a round between the eyes to someone that refuses to get up for whatever reason? Cmon' people!!! Wake up!

Sounds like a police state issue to me. And that in it's own, turns my stomach.

Originally posted by tazadar
Incidents like this prove why we need to be chipped with RFID. Just wave your arm over the scanner. No forgetting or losing ID cards.

What kind of crap is that? You are a welcome mat for the NWO, or the police state, or whatever is to come! What is wrong with you!?!?! You need to spend a few years living in a communist country, slowly dying of hunger and disease. You are dispicable.

Anyone in this thread that believes what took place is ok, or was warranted, should join tazadar in an environment just the same. Every single American Citizen has rights and liberties. I don't care if this guy was acting like a horses-arse, the brutality was way way overbounds!

This may have been a light issue to some, but you must keep in mind... it's a stepping stone. No building, or structure, in this worlds history has been built from one stone. They are laying a foundation... and that foundation is very strong if you believe they did nothing wrong. They've obviously gotten you fooled. You deserve whatever fate they have in store for you.

I need a smoke.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You guys have got to be kiddin me...

Warning of a "police state" and a "NWO" because of THIS?
You liberals have really done it this time.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Because he WOULD NOT stand UP! For God's sakes put your shoes in the shoes of the officesr. What would you of done? Offer him cookies if he stood up?

how about taken the three cops and dragged him out. Are you telling me the three of them cannot physically drag a guy that probably doesnt weigh over 200 pounds? If thats the case, they shouldn't even have that job.

HONESTLY, it is disgusting what the kid did, and even worse that people are actually trying to have these officers lose their jobs for.. doing their job. Their job is already hard enough... now you liberal hooligans try to make it worse? Come on, give them a break.

No they didnt do their job, they abused their position. wow liberal hooligans. When I said idiots have rights, apparently you were included in that statement. You aren't even worth arguing with because your bias is just overcoming you.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Please stop using the term liberal as well. it has no place in this thread.
You do realise there is really no such thing as a liberal or conservative right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join