It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to send more troops to "win war"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The only people Bush is taking advice from are his buddies who are making obscene profits off the war. Bush does not care about the boys dying in Iraq or who will be dying in Iran. They do not make enough money to be of any consequence to him. They are just there to help make more money for his rich and powerful friends. I was reading the other day that one of the people in Halliburton had made 100 million dollars since the war in Iraq started. That is obscene war profiteering. Helping rich people profit on war seems to be what the Bush family is historically about. Granpa Bush helped finance the Nazis, daddy Bush helped the CIA get Americans addicted to Cocaine, and baby Bush is helping his friends profit on the deaths of patriotic Americans.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

majority hate us ( the west )
half hate Iran ( the neighbor )
and they all hate each other...

Just a reality check, majority hate you're country, not just in Iraq but in the whole world except Israël. Half hate Iran...not true... not a lot hate Iran, just leadership of arabs governments, Israël and the USA the rest of the world don't hate Iran. People like Iran because they are against US/Israël imperialism... They all hate each other... sunnite vs shiite yeah, and Israëli VS everyone, and arabs VS americans.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

I really should change my name to KIWI or NEWZEALANDER for some reason.
This last week ive been labeled british and american more times than I can count.
Tis not my country...

But True, Majority do hate america.
people hated america before Iraq,
but a hell of a lot more have come to realise the truth about the government.
unforuntaely, when they see so many americas cheering for bush and standing by him.. they group the american public together.. thats unfortunate... it only takes a handful of peoeple to ruin the experience for everyone.

I believe alot of iraqi's dont like irans, shi V Sunni, the iranViraq war n so forth.

"sunnite vs shiite yeah, and Israëli VS everyone, and arabs VS americans"

that is a major powerkeg in the region that is going to erupt very shortly.
but thanks for some reality, good to see not everyone in this world is blind.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I honestly don't think Bush is sending more troops to win the war but to provide additional support for the Iraqi secuity forces. The main threat to US goals in Iraq aren't the bathist or islamic insurgents its the sectarian violence between Iraqis. The insurgents (foreign or domestic)are hated as much or more than the US is because its plain for the Iraqi people to see that the insurgents are doing more of the killing(alot more). Bush is trying to buy time to for the Iraqi government to build up their security forces.

As far as Iran is concerned their time is coming. I mean does anyone really believe Israel will tolerate a nuclear Iran for an instant
Anyone who does needs to wake the hell up. Everyone is focused on what the US is going to do to Iran but Israel is far more dangerous. They live in that region therefore are much more accustomed to doing what needs to be done. They've grown up fighting for their very existence living with death on a daily basis. Living with the fact that you could be killed next time you get on a bus. And Israel doesn't give a damn about world opinion
And why should they if it was up to the rest of the world(except the US)they would've faded into history decades ago.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

General Abizaid's testimony on Wednesday did not help John McCain either. The Republican Party's favourite for its 2008 presidential nomination wants to increase US forces Iraq.

In a terse exchange, the general insisted there was no need for more US troops and that any increase could be sustained for only a limited period because the army was already seriously stretched.

Senator McCain said he was "distressed" that General Abizaid was advocating a "status quo" position that had been rejected by the American people.

General Abizaid replied he was doing no such thing. More troops were needed in Iraq, but they should be Iraqi troops, he said.

Link

Sending more US troops to Iraq is a half baked plan at best.
For a short time more targets would be on offer and any gains that are made would be lost when the extra troops leave Iraq.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
we are going to iran wether we like it or not. maybe we should use the e.m.p. bomb and invade . then all they can do is ride around on their camels.
its not funny , but i had to say it. the president of iran is a hitler reencarnate and will stop at nothing for control over the oil and holding over society the nuke threat. all they do is war cause of thier stupid religion they have been fighting over for the past 1000 years, and still do. they want to kill all us americans and start a war with us and join others in. i say just give them what they want , a war. bomb the hell out of them till there is nothing left. start over, and make a new gov't and peoples and especially the religion. make em all monks or something other than muslim. emp them so they all get sterile not to reproduce such stupid ignorance of muslims.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
we are going to iran wether we like it or not. maybe we should use the e.m.p. bomb and invade . then all they can do is ride around on their camels.
its not funny , but i had to say it. the president of iran is a hitler reencarnate and will stop at nothing for control over the oil and holding over society the nuke threat. all they do is war cause of thier stupid religion they have been fighting over for the past 1000 years, and still do. they want to kill all us americans and start a war with us and join others in. i say just give them what they want , a war. bomb the hell out of them till there is nothing left. start over, and make a new gov't and peoples and especially the religion. make em all monks or something other than muslim. emp them so they all get sterile not to reproduce such stupid ignorance of muslims.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by littlebird]

Are you stupid? that's the same thing as letting them invade the persian gulf. It's been said all along, one big nuke, and the tragedy will be over from their way of thinking. If all people thought this idiotically we'd all be dead. Heck in america we're still questioning ourselves and wondering why we still exist! If we had a better president it would be a miracle to us! I cant wait until the next pres.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To "win"?
Are they serious?
This is a joke.The only thing left to do is leave Iraq and save more lives from being lost.Soldiers are being killed defending a faulty agenda.Win?Thats a fools idea.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Just a reality check, majority hate you're country, not just in Iraq but in the whole world except Israël.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

we know... it's quite apparent on this board the world suffers from "America penis envy".

Makes me wish the soviets had invaded euorpe and asia. Then, of course, the world wouldnt shut the hell up about America not doing enough to have prevented it. same thing with this WOT.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wish George Double Trouble would just STFU because everytime he opens his stupid mouth, our PM John Howard (Bonsai - Little Bush) runs around like the snivelling toady that he is and supports him.

"Yes George...No George...whatever you say George, old mate"

And yeah, our government is talking about sending more troops to Iraq now.

In Peace Always

resi

[edit on 23-11-2006 by resistancia]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
A war against Insurgency is impossible to defeat no matter how many troops you send, in the end, the more troops you send, the more preassure they put onto the Insurgents, causing them too do more bombing.

Also the more troops there, will cause more Iraqi people to pick up a weapon and fight of the Americans who too them are breaching there peace, by patrolling there streets.
Also Insurgentcy wouldn't be regular there if it wasn't for Americans and the UN, the Iraqi's see this and are not dumb, this is why they keep fighting, hoping if they kill many troops of the US and British, they will see it's no hope, and withdraw.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Bush knows nothing to commendere the USA troops. He believes sending more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more ... will solve and therefore "win" the war. Its all about skill Mr Bush. Its all about strategic effort and efficiency. NOT by sending in more and more and more and more ...

7A

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Sending more troops won't work

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galiega
A war against Insurgency is impossible to defeat

Thats utterly untrue. THe Americans weren't able to route out the vietnamese nor the iraqis, but plenty of other armies have been able to suppress insurgencies.

Also Insurgentcy wouldn't be regular there if it wasn't for Americans and the UN, the Iraqi's see this and are not dumb, this is why they keep fighting, hoping if they kill many troops of the US and British,

ANd thats why the vast majority of the people they kill are.....fellow iraqis???

The insurgency isn't fighting the americans to force them out, they're setting up powerbases for their own militias that will take the country by force once the americans abandon the country.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Also Insurgentcy wouldn't be regular there if it wasn't for Americans and the UN, the Iraqi's see this and are not dumb, this is why they keep fighting, hoping if they kill many troops of the US and British,

Putting an end to the insurgency in Iraq would be at the extreme end of the difficulty spectrum due to the wrong approach being taken. Tactics , good intel and winning the hearts and minds of the local population is far more important then just providing more targets for the insurgents.

Iraq is the latest chapter in the Western Powers meddling in the Middle East its been going on since 1918.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join