It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to send more troops to "win war"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Earlier today Sky News reported that George Bush had said he has said he was planning to send even more troops to Iraq for a "final push to win the war".

I'm having trouble finding any news links to this though, has anyone heard anything simialar?

Thanks.

I found it particularly ironic that i had just finished watching the "american idiot" video featuring GWB and also there was another news channel reporting that the bodies of another 5 troops had just been flown back to Britain.

Sad.

CX.

[edit on 16/11/06 by CX]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
According to the Guardian:

www.guardian.co.uk...

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cheers for that, i knew i was'nt hearing things!

Strangely enough Sky just did a live interview with on of the US generals in Iraq. When they asked him about this "push" and the sending of thousands more troops he looked totaly baffled and said he'd heard nothing of this.

I wonder when they were planning on telling troops on the ground this good news?

CX.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting if this turns out as Bush wants it. Might also be (going conspiratoral here) that he wants more troops to head towards the Persian Gulf if and when fighting against Iran erupts. Especially since this is a slap in the face of the newly elected congress.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
procurator you are right. we are sending in troops to iraq cause we are getting ready to invade iran. we need alot of ground troops next to iran, close to iran, so we can invade. this gulf thing will get out of hand, we are not over there for exercises , trainning purposes . we are over there because we are going to invade iran. iran poses a nuklear threat to the oil over there. our nations oil. when this happens gas will skyrocket. i keep telling people here that this will happen. this planned thing will happen. IRAN to attack in the gulf , this is the 1st dommino to fall. time magazine to give tips on the happennings over there. this is alll true. it is happenning before our eyes. SO OPEN YOURS. we are going to use full use of our new technology over there. IT HAPPENS IN february. maybe they will use that EMP bomb to knock out the electronics in the area and alll their stuff won't work. THEN THEY CAN ALL BE ON CAMELS when they attack us.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Bush has lost his mind. These people who control Bush are in complete desperation. They know its over. Their time is up. They are still, so ignorantly and arrogantly, pursuing ahead with their plans without even entertaining a thought of withdrawing troops as what the country orders. When will you Americans wake up, stand up, get out to Washington, storm the halls of power, and remove these poor excuses for human beings out of town and into the atlantic ocean where they belong once and for all?

What Bush, and The Illuminati are doing, is not in any way serving to advance them...they are not doing anything to help in their own development...but they ARE doing EVERYTHING to keep YOU down, and its time you say no more.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Earlier today Sky News reported that George Bush had said he has said he was planning to send even more troops to Iraq for a "final push to win the war".

Abizaid is in congress and is saying that they have enough troops.

Bush is, like any good politician, or at least any politician in office, drifting with the wind of public opinion. After the elections, he's dropped the old front, and is putting up a new front. HE's not going to be sending more troops into iraq.

The only people calling for lots more troops are people like Rangell, the 3rd ranking democrat (or was it 4th?) in congress, who's been pushing for a military Draft.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I doubt Bush will "invade" Iran with ground troops. The American public has seen what occupation does in Iraq, Afghanistan and earlier Vietnam. They won't stand for it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No maybe not. They will attack nuclear installations by air and then have the ground troops ready when Iran wants to retaliate with its suicide squads.

This is apparantly, exacly what Bush, the Illuminatis and Anti-Christ and their associates want, and who is to stop them?

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Prokurator]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
he will send in more troops to iraq so he can invade iran. he also will do this new draft proposal too. yes , the draft people, it is comming. i have been saying this here for awhile now on ats. i think it is time we talked more about this upcomming events that will happen. our nations and other nations oil stake here is at risk. even if we pulled out irans president will still go forward with his policies. this man does not care about you or i in the usa. all he wants is power over the oil and if it takes a nuke to get the attention of the usa he will use it

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator

This is apparantly, exacly what Bush, the Illuminatis and Anti-Christ and their associates want, and who is to stop them?

Why can't there be a post without mention of nonsense like the Illuminati, NWO and Anti-Christ. I seriously hate some people here -_-

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
More troops ultimately is a good idea,
they obvioulsy arent winning the war, as the insurgents in Iraq are slowly gaining the upper hand.
Sadly this was needed from the begining.. not towards the end.

I think it matters little now, Iraqi fighters have managed to mingle into the police force, into the public.. they have the weapons, the international support and the will to die fighting for their cause.

More troops now means more tragets... which means more deaths..

It Is interesting though running with the though of preparing for more conflict in the region.

i mean, theres a lot of hardware coming into the gulf at the moment, now we're getting more troops?
I feel very sorry for your brave men and women in the uniform.. They signed up to protect freedom and promote your countries good will.
Instead they are being used as fodder, as a political tool.. and many of them are losing there livleyhood, their lives or their ability to live a fruitful life.

Troops arent protecting their freedoms any more, their protecting your governments reputation, and the corporate dream!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i just hope that this corporate dream will , in the end be the one of life libery and the pursuit of happyness. so far it doen't look good. we will send more troops to iraq and invade iran. we already have both battlegroups over there. east and west coast. bush will push the draft so everyone will be affected. this oil thing will escallate into the nations involvement. irans president will not back down. he wants power of the oil . so if he uses nukes to get the united states attention he will . he is a mad man. a hitler reencarnate. he will stop at nothing . you and i in the usa are nothing to him. all he wants is our extermination.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
WHY did the US government not take more notice of Clintons Iraq war game of 1999?
"Desert crossing" found that a war against Iraq with 400 000 ground troopsalong with the usual air and sea campaign would have resulted in a chaotic civil war...

www.cnn.com...

Does anyone think that the Bush admin did not know about this?
For Gods sake,they knew how this would turn out.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Bush must have so bad consultans which advising him to send more troops.
You cant win this war in Iraq, there must be another solution to this
problem...i wish i knew one.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So does everyone else.

Unforuntaely, there's only 2 options at the moment,

leave, and take the risk of this weak, fragile government falling to the the Iraqi's.

or

stay, and prolong the slaughter of both sides.. the depletion of the economy, and the downward spiral of americas reputation.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The "leave now" option would be catastrophic for our world.
I am totally against anyone being killed for this war,but to leave now would have bad consequences for those left in Iraq,and their neighbors and for the western world.
The Bushco regime has created an horrific self fulfilling prophesy in Iraq.
They went to "fight terror"-now they HAVE to.And so do we all.
An impossible situation for all concerned.How the hell do we get anything positive from this nightmare?

The Iraqi government would be slaughtered as soon as the "coalition" left.Thats why they scream for us to stay.They are terrified.
What a sickening disaster this is.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yeah like it worked well for the Russian in Afghanistan or the French in Algeria... they never learn from history don't they... I'm guessing they are just buffing Iraq to attack Iran...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Exactly SS,

The situation has become that uncontrollable.. there really is no reasonable answer left.

to succeed ( if we can ) we are going to have to suffer serious consquences.

Allowing Iraq to fall to the finatics... means the world will for ever be in fear of retaliation from these mad men.
We felt scared from alqaeda.. imagine what Iraqi terrorist groups will span, and seek revenge for their families deaths?
Especially when Iran is pushing them and providing them.

But to stay?
These insurgents arent going to just stop are they.

majority hate us ( the west )
half hate Iran ( the neighbor )
and they all hate each other...

We send more troops, it will appear like its furthering our occupation.
We send more troops it will appear we are gearing up for iran...

I believe america went into Iraq chasing a corporate dream..
I dont think they foresore this nightmare..
and thast why we are stumbling.. because no one had a 'backup' plan incase it got this bad... it was never expected too..

Rummsfield quitting is a key sign of this.
the 'architec' of this war, is no longer the manager..
so everything we have done to date.. now needs to be re thought, and re planned.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

majority hate us ( the west )
half hate Iran ( the neighbor )
and they all hate each other...

Just a reality check, majority hate you're country, not just in Iraq but in the whole world except Israël. Half hate Iran...not true... not a lot hate Iran, just leadership of arabs governments, Israël and the USA the rest of the world don't hate Iran. People like Iran because they are against US/Israël imperialism... They all hate each other... sunnite vs shiite yeah, and Israëli VS everyone, and arabs VS americans.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join