It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo taken in 1965 from NZ Navy Ship Shows UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A photograph taken in 1965 from the NZ Navy Ship “Royalist” apparently shows a UFO. The image was captured on large-format black and white film, first spotted by a museum staff member as several pictures were being prepared for a display at the Devonport Navy Museum. The museum staffer had the photograph tested and it was established that the “UFO” was part of the image (thus ruling out tampering).

Source for image and quotes - www.stuff.co.nz

Museum Director David Wright states:

He said it looked to be too distant to be a dinner plate thrown from the bridge and the same would apply to a clay pigeon used as a shooting target. The angle of the object and absence of visible lines suggested it was not a parachute. So what is it?.

I find this image fascinating, as it was taken in an official manner, not someone ‘hanging out in their back yard”, plus it was taken on large format film which allows the “UFO” to be blown up to provide more detail. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any information that referenced the photographer that would indicate if he/she was a member of the New Zealand’s armed forces, or a newspaper photographer etc.

However, Carter Observatory senior astronomer Brian Carter states:

He said that when the object was enlarged it had a sharp edge to it. Under the same enlargement, the edge of the cliff on the right and the bow of the ship were not that sharp, he said.

and

…believed it was something thrown from the bridge or some other part of the ship.

I can’t comment on the first quote because I obviously don’t have access to the original, but I don’t think I agree with the second quote. If you look at the picture, the object seems to big and to high to have been thrown from the ship.

Interesting Photo, in my opinion. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This thread sponsored by Photoshop

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
to me it looks like a parachute but as you sed the angle is not right. i dont really know what else to make of it. its a rare chance when a photo is taken showing a non pixalated picture of a ufo.

[edit on 16/11/2006 by spookymulder]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looks an awful lot like a parachute to me also. And the subject modified to remove everything but the chute itself.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Until I see the full sized version of this I'm making no judgement. It's too small to be able to make out whether the "enlarged thumbnail" was actually taken from this image.

top topics

join