It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free (& Legal) First Issue of Transmetropolitan Download

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
PDF Warning! Naughty Language Warning! This Graphic Novel is for Adults only!

www.dccomics.com...

www.dccomics.com...

After years of self-imposed exile from a civilization rife with degradation and indecency, cynical journalist Spider Jerusalem is forced to return to a job that he hates and a city that he loathes. Working as an investigative reporter for the newspaper The Word, Spider attacks the injustices of his surreal 21st Century surroundings. Combining black humor, life-threatening situations, and moral ambiguity, this book is the first look into the mind of an outlaw journalist and the world he seeks to destroy.

This Graphic Novel is my favorite of all time, and now for the first time ever, you can download the first Volume for free from DC Vertigo's website right now! You'll be in for a treat if you click the link.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Cool

I was just reading last week that Volumes one and two TPBs are being re-released as one volume.

www.comicbookresources.com

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't read graphic novels (just to clarify)

I just read that first issue, when was that released, is pretty good but were does the story go, if you can explain???

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I just read that first issue, when was that released, is pretty good but were does the story go, if you can explain???

Basically he goes around and screws with peoples heads cuz he hates them all so very very much. He gets too female assistants whom he calls his "Filthy Assistants".

His x-wifes frozen head gets stolen by these religious fanatics to try to lure Spider out into the open so they could kill him. Oh yeah, the only reason his ex-wifes head was frozen in the first place was to escape Spider. She was only to be unfrozen when Spider was verifiably and permanently dead.

He goes to a new religions convention and ridicules the lot of them.

He brings down a politician known as The Beast only to have him replaced by someone much worse.

That's where I'll stop, cuz I'm already giving way too much away.

The entire series twists and turns and is really a great read. You should check out the rest of the series, it was the best investment I've made in years as I read them over and over again heh.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Besides Watchmen by Alan Moore, this is the best graphic novel seires of all time. If there is anyone glancing at this thread, let me tell you, if you enjoy reading about politics, nanotechnolgy, journalism, Hunter S. Thompson...or if you enjoy the written word in the slightest, buy it. Now.

The entire series twists and turns and is really a great read. You should check out the rest of the series, it was the best investment I've made in years as I read them over and over again heh.

I could not agree with you more, sardion2000. I do the same thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Cool

I was just reading last week that Volumes one and two TPBs are being re-released as one volume.

www.comicbookresources.com

Have you checked it out yet? I would love to read your impressions.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The first issue was pretty cool.

I've never had the opportunity to read Transmetropolitan before now. I've always read great things about it though.
Getting into this first issue my first thought were, where is that bald dude?

Then the shower scene hit and well of coarse it all made sense.

This is defiantly a book to recommend to ATSers

I may pick it up. My comic shop is pretty good for having all the TPBs.

top topics

join