It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China conquers lake with huge aircraft carrier!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yup, it's a replica of a nimitz class carrier alright, looks nothing like the Minsk. Take a close look at both, they're both different in many respects. This replica is located in Shanghai and not in Shenzhen where Minsk World is located.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Honestly I think they scaled down the aircraft carrier so it wouldn't look as impressive. That way the chinese would visit the park and be like Oh dat how big american cawwier are? Whe dey don't seem too impwessive, the china govt. was wihte dose americans are nodding to fear.

I severely doubt that the average Chinese citizen is dumb enough to believe it's a full scale model of one of our carriers. The might be a bit behind the US in technology, but they're really not that dumb. Notice how Chinawhite will clearly tell you it's just a theme park.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That can't be flying because the picture of it is in a body of water. The other one looks like they used cranes to get it there.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
That can't be flying because the picture of it is in a body of water. The other one looks like they used cranes to get it there.

Does anyone bother reading through a thread before posting anymore??? For the love of all that is Holy!!! You are brilliant wildcat, it is NOT a flying aircraft carrier. Your powers of observation are STUNNING!!!
And, no, they didn't use cranes, traines or planes to get it there either - IT'S A FREAKING BUILDING IN AN AMUSEMENT PARK! A simple read through of the thread would have explained, in detail, everything you ever wanted to know about this anomoly.

Come on people - please take the time (And courtesy) of reading through a thread before posting.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Does anyone bother reading through a thread before posting anymore??? For the love of all that is Holy!!! You are brilliant wildcat, it is NOT a flying aircraft carrier. Your powers of observation are STUNNING!!!
And, no, they didn't use cranes, traines or planes to get it there either - IT'S A FREAKING BUILDING IN AN AMUSEMENT PARK! A simple read through of the thread would have explained, in detail, everything you ever wanted to know about this anomoly.

Come on people - please take the time (And courtesy) of reading through a thread before posting.

Say that to the one who wrote that. That was just another example of how imbecilic my little brother is. He has been using my password that was saved on my parent's computer (I forgot it was saved) to make statments making me look like a fool. When I drove to my parent's house to make a surprise visit, I caught him and now it's over.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Say that to the one who wrote that. That was just another example of how imbecilic my little brother is. He has been using my password that was saved on my parent's computer (I forgot it was saved) to make statments making me look like a fool. When I drove to my parent's house to make a surprise visit, I caught him and now it's over.

lol

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset

lol

No, for real, I'm serious.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how far along their real carrier program is.

If they can build a mock up like this, fool some folks here then they must be hiding at least one prototype carrier which is almost ready to go.

I believe they have Two Kiev Class carriers bought from Russia ontop of the Varyag which is almost operational at this point.

Watch out when they go to take out Taiwan. America will be able to do nothing but watch. China's military is huge and it's all in one place! Lots of aircraft too. And not the old crappy ones.

The USN isn't invincible and China has all kinds of technology which they have purchased from Israel over the years. Including the exact same radar systems that the US uses for it's fighter planes. It'll be a bad day in the Taiwan straight if Us intervenes. But they'll probably be to busy with Iran and North Korea anyways.

Plus whatever they reaped from that Surveillance aircraft that had to make an emergency landing.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity

Plus whatever they reaped from that Surveillance aircraft that had to make an emergency landing.

While they might have got their hands on some broken hardware I wonder if they were able to get the most valuable part...the software? I doubt it since they probably destroy it but who knows?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
They can build as many aircraft carriers as they want but until they gain the experience of actually running carrier operations it wont be much use in any combat operations.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just a note, funny how not one of the armchair experts that contributed to this thread before I got here noticed *in the first post* how unbelievably huge those Q-5 fantans looked on the deck, if it was a real carrier they would have had to be as big as the B-47!

Instead everyobody was getting their knickers in a twist over whether it was a fake image or the Minsk!

Thanks for the info chinawhite, I was wondering why the planes looked so huge.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
Makes you wonder how far along their real carrier program is.

If they can build a mock up like this, fool some folks here then they must be hiding at least one prototype carrier which is almost ready to go.

Building a scaled down empty model that looks like a carrier is not the same, cannot stress this enough BTW, as building and fielding a real life super carrier. It's like saying because I can make a cardboard cutout of a car I can therefore build one.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
But China has been actively building a carrier program since 96. And now that they have 2-3 real aircraft carriers and have had them since 2000 I think it's safe to say they are well on their way.

Plus the US intell is very concerned because China's been testing electromagnetic catapault systems.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I smell chinese government conspiracy!!! Seriously it is a good way to reassure the chinese public about chinas superiority. They made the military weapon of their advesary look small and attempted to demean it for the sake or reassuring the chinese population. I say build a real sized aircraft carrier and let them park another 1000 cars in there. It's a propaganda attemp.

Reassuring the Chinese population of what?

A propaganda attempt... hah, you're kidding me right?

No one cares that their nation has a strong military... the people would be much happier seeing the gov't invest in domestic financial affairs rather than a carrier.

Everyone knows that war is far down the line, if ever, since CHina has nukes and that the world is already so dependently interconnected that major wars will rarely ever break out.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is made of concrete, yes concrete, not used for anything but pure attraction, fun , tourist. It was built and then the lake was made to surround it. The planes and helicopter are real, cranes lifted them into place.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Lol omg....do some research please....this is a Russian or U.S out of comission carrier that has been set up for a museum.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Necroing old threads is not cool your about 2 years to late my friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join