It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie is King of England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Please view this link that confirms that some guy in Oz is the rightful King of England.

Good, I always said that the monachy was a [snip]. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS. hehehehe.

Aussie is 'heir to English crown'

"King Michael" enjoys a beer after a day at work on the farm
A forklift truck driver in a remote Australian town is the rightful King of England, a historian has claimed.
Dr Michael Jones says Queen Elizabeth's claim to the throne is false because her distant ancestor, Edward IV, was illegitimate.

He concludes that the crown should have passed instead through another royal line which today ends at British-born Michael Abney-Hastings, 62.

"King Michael" said he was shocked by the news - but remained a republican.

He said it was "unlikely" that he would go to Buckingham Palace to claim the crown. BBC

Remirah

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

[edit on 16-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remirah
Please view this link that confirms that some guy in Oz is the rightful King of England.

i have seen this before , and Mr Hastings has been the subject of a TV program here in the UK

howver i disagree with the contention that he is the " rightful king " ,

fistly the claim that Edward IV was illegitamate cannot be tested with the required certainty to depose the existing monarch .

the claim is largely innuendo , based mostly of one document which may be incorrect - and there is no avenue to cross examine its writer or the other parties

DNA evidence - after > 600 years - would likewise only show that mr hastings has some ancestoral link to the royal families of the era - it cannot , after so many generations of dilution demonstrate that hastigs is infact a sole legitimate hier to the crown .

also , once you open this can of worms - what is the certainty that richard duke of york was actually a legitamate monarch ? you could be deposing one " pretender " only to replace them with another

lastly , possesion of the crown is 9/10ths of "legitimate sucession " and currently the windsors have it

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't even see how it matters if Ed 4 is a bastard. The current family is descended from the House of Hannover, and they were installed as the royals by parliament. Any claims about legitimacy have to start from there. Parliament choose who to make king. Their rationale for why they chose the House of Hannover is irrelevant to their legitimacy.

join