It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Nobel Prize Racist Against Islamics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum ....

Discover the Network

An Iraqi researcher living in Europe gave an interview on Al-Jazeera TV. The researcher, Samir 'Ubeid, said that the Nobel Peace Prize is racist. He asked the question 'Why Has the Prize Been Awarded to 167 Jews and Only 4 Arabs... All Considered Traitors?' He claims that the Peace Prize is Zionist propaganda that encourages Islamics to betray their heritage and culture.

Is he sour grapes because he hasn’t received it?
Is he right?
Why does he consider the four Islamics who won to be traitors?

Perhaps only four Arabs been awarded it because many Muslims in Islamic nations are being held back by radical governments and/or religious leaders who don’t allow progress. Perhaps the reason so few Islamics have gotten the Prize isn’t because they are being discriminated against, but it is because their culture and their politics are holding them back. There is enough oil money over there to fund a whole lotta’ research into areas that a prize could be awarded. If only that money would be spent in those areas instead of on Wahabbi extremism, etc. etc.

But then again, does it matter who gets it and who doesn’t? After all, the Nobel Prize isn’t exactly what its reputation makes it out to be. Terrorist murderer and bisexual pedophile-child-rapist Arafat was awarded the prize. Hitler was nominated. The flake Cindy Sheehan claims to have been nominated. Jimmy Carter didn’t get the prize for his years of good works; but only got it years later when it was timed to embarrass George Bush. It is really getting caught up in politics instead of being what it should be … a prize for those who better humanity.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Anyone can be nominated for a nobel prize. Heck I can nominate you for it. The nominations are completely irrelevant.

As far as the claim that its racist, this guy is a tool and a hypocrite. He's actually using the old racist smear of an 'evil jew conspiracy'.
Sour grapes, definitly.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yep, it's absolutely racist against Islam.
This gentleman absolutely DESERVES the Nobel peace prize.
His quote of "If they don't give me the Nobel Peace Prize, then I will kidnap their families and chop off their heads!" was simply taken out of context.

Cut me a break...........

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
But then again, does it matter who gets it and who doesn’t? After all, the Nobel Prize isn’t exactly what its reputation makes it out to be. Terrorist murderer and bisexual pedophile-child-rapist Arafat was awarded the prize. Hitler was nominated. The flake Cindy Sheehan claims to have been nominated. Jimmy Carter didn’t get the prize for his years of good works; but only got it years later when it was timed to embarrass George Bush. It is really getting caught up in politics instead of being what it should be … a prize for those who better humanity.

Is there not many Nobel Prizes for different fields? Say one for Peace work, the other for Chemistry, etc etc..

I may be thinking of something else though...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well I guess you skiped a certain wonderful person who also got a Nobel Price for Peace - what do you expect from these Nobel Prize People, when they award a Prize for PEACE to a WARCRIMINAL responsible for several Millions od deaths. Ah how soon people forget.....

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There are multipel nobel prizes. One is offered for chemistry, another for physics, another for medecine, another for literature. Its a private organization really, the prize gives a person prestige and a cash award. There is also a nobel peace prize.

Nobel invented Dynamite. He saw that it could be used for destructive purposes. So he created, along with his science awards, a peace award, to encourage peace.

www.unit5.org...

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Those Pesky Jews, they even rigged my local areas young enterprise awards!

I think the stench of racism is actually coming from this brainwashed islamofacist.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Well I guess you skiped a certain wonderful person who also got a Nobel Price for Peace - what do you expect from these Nobel Prize People, when they award a Prize for PEACE to a WARCRIMINAL responsible for several Millions od deaths. Ah how soon people forget.....

Cmon now...They gave it to Arafat and he was just as bad if not worse as Kissinger. I think any politician is sleazy

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Pieman I finally agree with you on something;
. Too true I really can't think of a politcian who isn't at least a little sleezy. The Nobel prize isn't what it used to be I believe that it has become just a little to PC.

new topics

top topics

join