It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God forgot one minor detail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
For crying out loud, how many times...

THE SERPENT OF THE GARDEN OF EDEN IS NOT, I REPEAT 'NOT', THE DEVIL, NOWHERE IN GENESIS IS IT MENTIONED AS SUCH!

Thankyou for reading.

(Edits: I really, REALLY Hate forums in which some of the features that are supposed to work, don't)

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by �any]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
For crying out loud, how many times...

THE SERPENT OF THE GARDEN OF EDEN IS NOT, I REPEAT 'NOT', THE DEVIL!

Thankyou for reading.

Maybe it's because EVEYONE has you on IGNORE......and therefore did not hear you 'crying out LOUD''.......THAT MANY TIMES!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It says in the Bible.

"the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals..."Genesis 3:1

Serpent means DEVIL!

Look in the dictionary.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
It says in the Bible.

Serpent means DEVIL!

Look in the dictionary.

So Dany whats your answer to this?

It does say in Bible that the snake was devil!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It says in the Bible.

Serpent means DEVIL!

Look in the dictionary.

So Dany whats your answer to this?

It does say in Bible that the snake was devil!

Serpent doesn't mean devil, where did you read that?

Oh right, the dictionary, which dictionary?

Was it one written by Christians?
The Bible doesn't say that the serpent is the devil, IT DOES NOT.
It has been taken to mean Satan because people don't read properly, they just see what they want to see.
Would you rather believe your dictionary or your Bible?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dear Websuspect/Infidel---You really had my attention with your post.
I was with you when you said "The reptile was not smarter than man" and when you quoted God saying,
"God said you can eat of everything, every fruit in the garden but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." I saw that as pretty close to Gen 2:16 "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;" and then BAM!! you said, "What God specifically said was, do not eat from this tree unless you want the knowledge of good and evil". HUH?
That is not what God said, Webs,what He specifically gave them warning of was "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." Gen 2:17
See, Eve put words into God's mouth when the Serpent asked her, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden". She replied, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die." Now you can read and see that God said to Adam, "you shall not eat of it", didn't say a word about touching it, but as every generation since her time has done, we add to and subtract from the Words of His mouth and the enemy of our souls is right there to catch it, hissing, "Hath God said??"
That is exactly where the serpent got Eve, saying "You will not surely die..." Gen 3:1
So, then, Websuspect, they disobeyed a direct order and died and we die right along with them because that act brought sin into the world, not as another poster said because we were "meant to die", but because SIN entered the world by their disobeying a direct order from the provider of all they had.
Now the fact that they fell did give them the ability to know good from evil but I'd hardly call the struggle to choose the good over the evil we all face an "earned ability" as if it was a reward. Thank God the Holy Spirit has come to our aid to help us choose Mary's "good part"!!!! (Luke 10:42)
I can heartily agree with you on this point, "God is good."

AAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Too bad God gave the Ayn Sof key to Michael eh? Guess those pesky reptiles will have to ride the merry-go-round one more time....Alpha unto Omega. Hey it is longer than any rides at Disneyland at least!
It wouldn't be if it hadn't been. Now is then, but hey, why not afford an eternity of having their noses in it. Never does evil learn. God is laughing his ass off!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
BTW:
"God" DOES NOT forget "details"......
Fascinating how "we", as human beings, find all the faults and "things" God has supposedly missed, messed up on, etc..........how convenient is it?

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
well said and Amen!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Is there not but one God? Why would One say Us? And don't say father, son and holy spirit that was the new testament. The bible isn't retroactive. Why too would this God or Gods not want us to take from the tree of life lest we live forever? Excuse me? I'm having a bit of difficulty with this God or Gods and we're only 3 chapters in.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
[Edited on 22-11-2003 by binyanpiel]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Addendum to JEZ,

"Yes, I do believe other people are just as valuable as the members of my family. Maybe not to me,.." Then to whom?
You said you are not a hypocrite, didn't you? HMMMM!!!

I am a believer in God and Jesus His only Begotten Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus came to earth in a human form, died on the cross for the sins of the world, including mine, and rose again on the third day. I believe He sits in the heavenlies and that in spirit I am also seated there with Him, because of His generous sacrifice and not my own "goodness". I do not believe He "makes mistakes. or has a "sick sense of humor" or any of the other ungodly things ungodly men and women say of Him in ungodly ways.

Can you hear me now?

Can we just leave it at this, or do you want to continue to address my posts with your opinions and blanket statements of humanistic sentiment?

Edited due to inability to get the colors to print

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Originally posted by binyanpiel
You said,
"God ....forgot to mention that he had created an advanced reptile of some kind that could speak to the humans and trick them quite easily. The advanced form of reptile was obviously more intelligent or knowledgable than humans and easily manipulated them.

Very interesting point! Let's see if we can find an answer to it.
Genesis 1:19 God brings all the beasts He has created to Adam to see what he will name them. It seems that the one naming is apt to be more intelligent than the thing named. Also, though it is said of the serpent that he was the most clever of the beasts created (Gen 3:1), Adam was not one of the created beasts.

Just wanted to mention that your comment has started digging you into a hole. Yes, Adam named the animals, but he also named Eve. I hope your stance is not that men are more intelligent than women. If it is, there's a couple thousand years worth of evidence to refute that idea.

I like the fact that God referred to both Adam and Eve in the garden as ADAM, indicating EQUALITY

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You quoted, "Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
Think about it, to live forever in misery and scratching of the ground...separated from the heavenly realm forever, the Presence not to be enjoyed ever again? No wonder some say this world is hell...not that I believe it is...oh, no, here we have at least the opportunity to enjoy the Spirit and His Presence even if filtered thru our "earthen vessels"

I'm told that Elohim, though plural, can be used as singular, but I will leave that to the scholars to answer definitively.

I'm not sure what you mean by what you said, "The bible isn't retroactive"...God is the same today, tomorrow, and forever and His Word will outlast everything, having been established since before the foundation of the world...(Isa 40:8 "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.") so if you're saying the Son and the Spirit didn't exist in Genesis...well,that is wrong.

Look at verse 3 in Genesis 1, God says, "Let there be light" yet the sun and moon don't get created until the third day (v 14) and compare that with John 1:4 "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. "
and again John 17:24 "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world"
....and again Rev 13:8 "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. " So Jesus was there before Genesis' "in the beginning".
So was the Spirit, see verse 2 in Genesis 1 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Oh, glory, my spirit is moved by these words, I pray for you, Shadow, that the almighty Yahweh, Elohim, God will manifest Himself to you that you may also be rejoicing with the believers and no longer see yourself as without a source

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think that God and Satan are buddies, and that one day they were both sitting around being bored, when God says "Hey we should create a game, lets call it "LIFE", we will both be the creators, like chess we both will take part in planning, mapping creating and manipulateing different scenes and scenarios with our pawns until one of us wins by convincing them that one of us does not exsist and has the most believers, then we wipe the slate clean and start the game over again, best two out of three."
*High-Fives each other*

Then they got started, and whenever something good/bad happens, they both laugh at us, a good laugh too they think its funny and entertaining. Then they would continue on with the game because they don't care about one little person or persons problems or wars with one another. And they don't care if we die or live. They both are looking at the big picture about who's going to win this big game God or Satan.

They are both AZZHOLES!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

"Yes, I do believe other people are just as valuable as the members of my family. Maybe not to me,.." Then to whom?
You said you are not a hypocrite, didn't you? HMMMM!!!

I think I may not have gotten my thoughts across properly regarding this matter. I DO personally consider everyone to be of equal value. What I should have said, though, was that I may not value someone else's life OVER the life of a person I love.
I would not say that a homeless man is worth less than an executive, or that one race is worth more than another. I do not think that it is for us to place value on each other in the first place. That is the whole point of "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

I don't really understand why you got so bent out of shape about my first post. It was meant to be a joke, (that's why there was a
at the end of it) and I apologize that it wasn't more obvious.

I am a believer in God and Jesus His only Begotten Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus came to earth in a human form, died on the cross for the sins of the world, including mine, and rose again on the third day. I believe He sits in the heavenlies and that in spirit I am also seated there with Him, because of His generous sacrifice and not my own "goodness".

I have no problem with that. It is up to each individual to find God on whichever path they choose to follow and it is not the same for everyone. The most important thing is that we understand why we believe.

I do not believe He "makes mistakes. or has a "sick sense of humor" or any of the other ungodly things ungodly men and women say of Him in ungodly ways.

I don't think that God makes mistakes either. However, if the Biblical account of Adam and Eve and the fall of mankind is literal and true, then God does have some 'splaining to do.

Since I am apparently "ungodly" please answer some questions for me.

How can an infinite, omnipotent, all-knowing God, create the Garden, with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the middle, KNOWING (since God is supposed to know everything past, present, and future) that it would cause the fall of mankind from grace? Not to mention, God condemned the majority of mankind to an eternity of torture and pain, by placing the Tree within the Garden, knowing Eve would eat it.

Why would God create an angel with so much pride that it decided to cause a mutiny in heaven? If all things come from God and nothing exists that wasn't made by God, then the pride that the fallen angels possessed and their mutiny, which resulted in their expulsion from heaven, was created and allowed intentionally by God. This is what started the chain of events which led to the condemnation of the majority of the humans It created in It's own image.

If God didn't know that the angels possessed such pride, or that the serpent would trick Eve into condemning mankind, then God did make a mistake. It accidentally created angels with too much pride, and placed a devious serpent in the Garden without realizing the consequences.

So, did God know everything that was going to happen and create us intending to damn most of us?
Or, did God create all of this, not realizing what would happen, thereby negating the belief that God knows everything that has, is, and will happen?

Can we just leave it at this, or do you want to continue to address my posts with your opinions and blanket statements of humanistic sentiment?

This is just rude and unnecessary. Especially from someone claiming to follow the teachings of Christ.
The idea, I thought, was to share and discuss each other's opinions. Apparently, I was mistaken.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is one tactic I've seen several times in our little debate: You say something contrary to what I said and then when challenged on the validity of your statements, you say something like: " I think I may not have gotten my thoughts across properly regarding this matter." That smacks of dishonesty and I am tiring of the game.

Your entire "debate" fairly reeks of polictically correct, humanistic sentiment so I don't feel I was rude and certainly not that it was unnecessary. And, by the way, frankly, I have NO concern with your opinion of my walk as a "follower of the teachings of Christ". First, because I don't see that you have a clue what they are, and 2nd, because you are not the one I need answer to.
You are no doubt accustomed to shutting up your would be debaters with the patent and, really, lying and useless platitudes like "I would not say that a homeless man is worth less than an executive, or that one race is worth more than another and tacking on the hopelessly overworked "Judge not, lest ye be judged", you suppose to be a real kicker.

You said, "I don't really understand why you got so bent out of shape about my first post." You don't know the first thing about me so how do you, a non-hypocrital, non-judgemental being assume I am "bent out of shape" and at that by a joke? That would mean I am too dense to recognize a joke, wouldn't it? And I'm quite sure you now know better than that by now. Plus, that would be rude, wouldn't it?
The real joke is that you thought I was making a politically incorrect move and you came in to kind of chuckle and warn me, but when I didn't respond the way you thought I would or should, you had to keep coming back didn't you?
Your words have a hiss in them, Jezebel, so it isn't really you that I'm targeting, it's that imp that rides you, that anti-God, pseudo-sanctimonious imp. However, since you agree with it to the point of daring to question God's characteristics, and acting as if you, a creature, have the wherewithal to say something as insipid as , " then God does have some 'splaining to do.", I say 'Ungodly'. Who need He explain to? You? Who are you compared to the creator of all you see, silly creature??
As for your other "questions" about God and His motives I am going to just say this for now...You are asking questions of me that you hope I will not be able to answer and which the imp knows are too deep and wide to be answered in any clarity in this kind of hit and run forum...so, Jezebel, I present you with the answers, all of them: I know you've heard of it: It's known as the Bible, and the Word of God, and Scripture. the answers are there, it has taken other people hundreds of years to dig them out, so you really have no time to waste since your soul's eternal destiny rides on you finding them. So I invite you to begin the journey, Jezebel, maybe you would want to start in I Kings 21 where your namesake is spoken of or, if you are in need of comfort, and enlightenment you can try the Gospel of John
One last thing, Jez, I am not the author of the statement which seems to have touched you a bit, no, it is in Jude 1:15 and reads in part, ".....to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   

This is one tactic I've seen several times in our little debate: You say something contrary to what I said and then when challenged on the validity of your statements, you say something like: " I think I may not have gotten my thoughts across properly regarding this matter." That smacks of dishonesty and I am tiring of the game.

What you said in this previous paragraph. You act like you've had some inexcusable illeagle move pulled. When I read it, you are just describing the THE method of DEBATE. Two people countering each others thoughts with argument and discussion. I don't think honesty is the problem either, often truth is never accepted with ease, you should consider that you may not be ready to
accept BEING Wrong Youself. Possibly being Unbalanced in thought or too focused to be open and alert. It happens alot when people "Catagorized and Label" the neverending potential of what "IS. Everything works in harmony with Everything Else. Just like your argument opposes Jezebel's, Night opposes Day, Up to Down, or Everything and it's Shadow...Not only are both Sides True, but they actually DEPEND on the Others Existence.

Your entire "debate" fairly reeks of polictically correct, humanistic sentiment so I don't feel I was rude and certainly not that it was unnecessary. And, by the way, frankly, I have NO concern with your opinion of my walk as a "follower of the teachings of Christ". First, because I don't see that you have a clue what they are, and 2nd, because you are not the one I need answer to.

Humanistic= "One who is concerned with the interests and welfare of humans."

Well that sure is a rude and selfish thing now isn't it. All we need is a bunch of Individuals Caring about the Welfare of Humans. Concern for Others, Human and Otherwise is exactly what's killing happiness and love in the world too I suppose?? Throwing around the Political Correctness Card isn't gonna hold up either cause Jez is as P.C. as Pissed Off, Freedom Fighter from 1812. To quote you, "...I have NO concern for your opinion..." There is that lack of concern again, keep up that feeling of avoiding tollerance and love, that will make things better all right!

You are no doubt accustomed to shutting up your would be debaters with the patent and, really, lying and useless platitudes like "I would not say that a homeless man is worth less than an executive, or that one race is worth more than another and tacking on the hopelessly overworked "Judge not, lest ye be judged", you suppose to be a real kicker.

You said, "I don't really understand why you got so bent out of shape about my first post." You don't know the first thing about me so how do you, a non-hypocrital, non-judgemental being assume I am "bent out of shape" and at that by a joke? That would mean I am too dense to recognize a joke, wouldn't it? And I'm quite sure you now know better than that by now. Plus, that would be rude, wouldn't it?
The real joke is that you thought I was making a politically incorrect move and you came in to kind of chuckle and warn me, but when I didn't respond the way you thought I would or should, you had to keep coming back didn't you?

What are you taking to help curb your Paranoid Angry World anyway?? Cause you need to up the mg/s, or maybe take some time off from the Delusions. Once again from your explanation you're simply getting flustered by the typical methods of DEBATE.

Your words have a hiss in them, Jezebel, so it isn't really you that I'm targeting, it's that imp that rides you, that anti-God, pseudo-sanctimonious imp. However, since you agree with it to the point of daring to question God's characteristics, and acting as if you, a creature, have the wherewithal to say something as insipid as , " then God does have some 'splaining to do.", I say 'Ungodly'. Who need He explain to? You? Who are you compared to the creator of all you see, silly creature??

I'm sure that Vomitus Spread of Self-Righteousness Just warms up the Heart of Christ there binyanpeil. The only hiss I'm hearing is coming from you. Like the Hiss of a struggling June Bug who's time is coming to an end and is full of bitterness and Hate.

As for your other "questions" about God and His motives I am going to just say this for now...You are asking questions of me that you hope I will not be able to answer and which the imp knows are too deep and wide to be answered in any clarity in this kind of hit and run forum...so, Jezebel, I present you with the answers, all of them: I know you've heard of it: It's known as the Bible, and the Word of God, and Scripture. the answers are there, it has taken other people hundreds of years to dig them out, so you really have no time to waste since your soul's eternal destiny rides on you finding them. So I invite you to begin the journey, Jezebel, maybe you would want to start in I Kings 21 where your namesake is spoken of or, if you are in need of comfort, and enlightenment you can try the Gospel of John.

That is some great advise too, really! Try looking at a few other topics though since you have no clue as to who or what Jez stands for, believes in, or her Reading list obviously.

One last thing, Jez, I am not the author of the statement which seems to have touched you a bit, no, it is in Jude 1:15 and reads in part, ".....to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."

Don't forget the first part of that quote is about GOD and Saints executing Judgement. With all of your Judgements toward Jez (and the IMP?
) You must be one of the two then right, are you GOD or a Saint?? Oh, you're niether one are you binyanpiel, you should keep that in mind maybe!! Maybe you should try another book cause I don't think you understand what it is your reading, even if you do know the words and how to "Partially" quote them with thier "Partial" meaning as evidence.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
mOjOm, you said in part "When I read it, you are just describing the THE method of DEBATE. Two people countering each others thoughts with argument and discussion" so, obviously, you don't understand the game and/or you didn't read the entire "debate". The only other option would appear to be because you are of the same ilk as Jezebel and therefore blind either willingly or unwillingly.
You said, in part, "It happens alot when people "Catagorized and Label" the neverending potential of what "IS", ummm yeah! As for your "it's all good" philosophy, it's so typical and mundanely wrong I'm not going to bother getting into it with you.

Humanistic people are usually not so concerned with the welfare of humans as they are interested in spreading their 1960"s left-over rhetoric...."bleeding hearts" that quit bleeding the first time they are exposed to thoughts outside their boxes. If they were truly all that concerned, as many of those as you are, and you should have a clue what a gang that is, living in the heartland of the liberal mass, there should be no hunger or suffering left by now. Especially you who think God's ways are not good enough or right, and apparently even are unbalanced enough to think you could do better. GET A GRIP!

Gee, mojo, you said "What are you taking to help curb your Paranoid Angry World anyway??" Now, was that rude and unnecessary, oh,no I forgot, it's only so if YOU say so? You God- haters are so blind you say your own story and ascribe it to others.

I pity you, mojo, and I hate to disillusion you, I really do, cuz we would all be so comfy in our errors...we could assume we are higher than the Creator, more intelligent than all those whose faith has taken them thru stuggles on earth that you and your mis-leaders have only heard of, those whose desire to be like the One they worship and adore has lead to their being crucified, put to death by sword and ax and barbarous "games". Not to mention the murderous beatings and electric proddings and mutilations going on right now in the name of "humanism". And why? because those chose to believe in the Name above all Names, Jesus Christ, the anointed One,the Son of God and to preach and pray in His Name. On the surface, it wouldn't look like something worthy of death....even the humanists who don't espouse putting Christians to death..yet, anyway, could probably agree there...but yet and still, it continues....
And that is why I detest humanism, because it isn't about humans, it's about mankind's horrid attempts to oust God from every avenue of life.
What I find truly insane is the familiarity with which ones who don't know God, don't wish to know Him, don't honor or obey Him, or read His Word, even, feel so comfortable in debasing Him, or at least attempting to. That is not only insane, it is evil! You wouldn't say to the President of a country, not ours, of course, it seems you would feel free to say just about anything to ours, because of lack of any kind of respect for the office or the country, but I'm talking about another country now, one of the current "poor little countries" being overrun by the big bad USA, which one is it this week? I can't keep up. Anyway, humanists, I'm trying not to get personal here, humanists, seem to feel so free to badmouth Christianity, God, and Christians, making statements that show the ignorance in which they are operating, and ruffling up their feathers against whatever might seem to disagree with that precious world view that lets them totally ignore the fact that this earth came from somewhere, we came from somewhere, the earth is in the exact shape, distance from the sun, has enough air, food, water and all other necessities needed for life and rather than give glory to the One Who made it all possible and finding out what He is about and what we are to Him, cluck to each other a lot of nonsense about why was it done this way and not that, and PROVEit to me, and other nonsense that only shows that the crybaby doesn't want to "hold God in their consciousness". Doesn't want to deal with the fact of the thing...that we are not God and never will be, and that if we are really as intelligent as all that we need to be seeking Him out before it is too late and we end up with the rebellious angels in their hell.
You implied that my using partial verses was so I could use a "partial" meaning as evidence...what's your evidence? Tje verse I quoted says exactly what I quoted, and I only left off the first part because I didn't want Jezebel to get the idea I was assuming judgment of her cuz that is a pretty strong verse, but thank you for the correction, I"ll not be so "soft"again. And by the way, I am a saint. Not one marked out as such by the Catholic Church if that is your meaning, but exactly one as the Bible calls us saints...maybe you could stand to read a bit more of the Bible? Oh, no I forgot, you have THE TRUTH, uh huh, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomFighterChris
I think that God and Satan are buddies, and that one day they were both sitting around being bored, when God says "Hey we should create a game, lets call it "LIFE", we will both be the creators, like chess we both will take part in planning, mapping creating and manipulateing different scenes and scenarios with our pawns until one of us wins by convincing them that one of us does not exsist and has the most believers, then we wipe the slate clean and start the game over again, best two out of three."
*High-Fives each other*

Then they got started, and whenever something good/bad happens, they both laugh at us, a good laugh too they think its funny and entertaining. Then they would continue on with the game because they don't care about one little person or persons problems or wars with one another. And they don't care if we die or live. They both are looking at the big picture about who's going to win this big game God or Satan.

They are both AZZHOLES!

Well ... if LIFE is a GAME then it's working, people are tossing knifes in here over this topic lol 'ducks'

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join