It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars IR Interpretations By Michael Bara And His Rejoinder To Critics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Mike Bara has interpreted some of Keith Laney’s processed IR images of Mars, as ‘cities’ that may have existed in antiquity and now covered with a sheet of dust or ice.

www.lunaranomalies.com..." border=0>
Courtesy: Lunaranomalies.com
Decorrelation by Keith Laney

On the right is the IR image with false color enhancement in the Cydonia area.

Keith has enhanced an area covering one of the travel tubes. In the earlier IR, it was clear that the tube ended at the base of a buried building, complete with doorways or arches that looked to be the entrance to some kind of “subway station.” In the subtle details of Keith’s new false color enhancements, lo and behold, these same archways, and also some of the larger walled structures around it, can be clearly and easily made out. It seems that the arches and the buildings around them are very shallowly buried, in what we argue is a layer of ice coved by a light layer of dust.

Perhaps if our critics would have spent as much energy actually studying the dataset in detail (as we have) and less time trying to jealously knock down our work with amateurish “analysis,” endless excuses for NASA\ASU’s reprehensible lies vis-à-vis Cydonia, and spurious claims about the integrity of our work, we’d be a bit farther along in our quest to get at the truth of the city beneath Cydonia.

But we won’t hold our breath on that one.
--MB

No comments on what Mike Bara has said. But the images undoubtedly do look intriguing. Have a look at the pics. All said and done, it’s a big question mark. Heck! What if the interpretation is correct? Will we ever know? Needless to say, even if a probe lands there, NASA and other BOs will never let the proverbial cat out of the bag!! It’s a conspiracy of massive proportions isn’t it?

More.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is an incredible find (if you can call it a find). I have never seen these images before, and if they are undoctored. . I think its the best evidence you have posted yet. Does the above image contain the face? I know its of Cydonia. . but where does the face and "city" lie in respect to the IR image?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
mikesingh great find!
I often wonder why the so called face was dismissed I was interested in it and then there was a 3D rendering of the area then it was dismissed, but the whole area is interesting not just the face, where are the IR images of that area and I thought that there was pyramid shaped rocks too!
If you look at a face from a different angle does it still look like a face?
Does anyone know the specks for the orbiter what are the real images file size and why have someone else do a rendering of the area in question?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is an incredible find (if you can call it a find). I have never seen these images before, and if they are undoctored. . I think its the best evidence you have posted yet. Does the above image contain the face? I know its of Cydonia. . but where does the face and "city" lie in respect to the IR image?

Thanks

Here.. The 'face' is to the upper right of the image. You can make out the 'subway' slanted at approx 45 degrees near the centre of the pic. You can now co-relate both images.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
yea thats hot mike well how did he came up with that i mean there is no structure u can see like an old beat up wall of some building. u see wht im trying yo get at

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
No, DA King. .I dont get what you are getting at. Please re-post your question so we can all understand what you are asking.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Thanks

Here.. The 'face' is to the upper right of the image. You can make out the 'subway' slanted at approx 45 degrees near the centre of the pic. You can now co-relate both images.

Is there a pic with the IR imaging near the face? Thank you for posting the previous photo. . VERY interesting!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Is there a pic with the IR imaging near the face? Thank you for posting the previous photo. . VERY interesting!

OK, here's the IR image of the 'face'. Also included in the pic is the IR image of the D & M pyramid and the quasi-regular pattern of easily discernable rectilinear markings on the left.

Now if you want the images zoomed to about 300%, I suggest you use the simple MS Power Point and cut and paste the image onto a blank slide. Then zoom the slide to 300%. It's better to zoom images this way than using Photoshop as it starts getting pretty grainy.

Notice the weather effects on one side of the 'face' due to erosion over a period of probably thousands of years. And check out the sharply defined edges of the pyramid. Doesn't look natural - at least to me!!

Mars Odyssey IR mage # 20020724 and MGS image EO3-00824
Courtesy: Keith Laney
Data provided by ASU and JPL

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Now if you want the images zoomed to about 300%, I suggest you use the simple MS Power Point and cut and paste the image onto a blank slide. Then zoom the slide to 300%. It's better to zoom images this way than using Photoshop as it starts getting pretty grainy.

I am sorry to say it, but do you know why the images get "grainy" in Photoshop? Because Photoshop is not creating detail where there is none, while Powerpoint makes an interpolation of the pixels to create an image with "invented" data but that looks better.

Not even Fractal interpolation can accurately create detail where there is none, so, basing an interpretation of an image in what really is a different version of that image is not, in my view, a good way of really understanding what that picture shows.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Agreed! You're the imaging expert. But for a layman not wanting to get into too many technical details and analytical interpretation of the images per se and just enjoying seeing the images a little bigger, I think PP is just fine!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not an expert, but, as they say, "Garbage In, Garbage Out", meaning that we cannot reach a decent result when starting with flawed data.

new topics

top topics

join