Death, Republican Style!

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna come straight out and address what I've recently been accused of. I've been accused of being a hypocrite. Mostly because I support the death penalty, and strongly oppose abortion.

People say, you can't have it both ways! But I can. My line between the two is drawn on innocence. A child is innocent, a murderer is not. End of story. A child has done nothing to deserve being murdered even before it truly lives, it has done nothing offensive, except for existing, that would cause anyone to want to murder it.

Meanwhile, a murderer definitely deserves what's coming to him. I believe life is sacred, and anyone who violates that sanctity forfeits whatever sanctity their life once held. The same applies to soldiers, in enlisting they accept the possibility of death, that is part of their job after all. I support the military, and am enlisting within the year, but all the same any profession that deals in death must accept death as an outcome.

In the end, i guess it comes down to maturity, a mature adult makes decisions and must deal with them, a child in its mother's womb can not possibly make any choice, thus it is a crime to kill it. It is the classic example of taking responsibility for one's actions, something more people need to do.

I'd like to hear alternating points on this argument, Especially since a liberal view is almost completely mirror image of mine.




posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dreamstone,

I shall stand hypocrital right beside you. I am a Republican who believes abortion morally wrong, and have no compunction on dropping a murderer.

There is a big difference. The baby didn't choose to become an abcess on society's rump...the murderer did.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Dreamstone,

I shall stand hypocrital right beside you. I am a Republican who believes abortion morally wrong, and have no compunction on dropping a murderer.

There is a big difference. The baby didn't choose to become an abcess on society's rump...the murderer did.



YOu all are against abortion but as soon as that baby is born...screw him. Let him fend for himself---don't take MY money in taxes to help that kid. I worked hard for it. And if he ends up committing murder, or just wrongly accused of murder, and gets the death penalty. Tuff. Not my problem. Am I my brother's keeper?

Hell is hot, repugnants.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm not going to call you a hypocrite for that.

Here's my stance. I like the death penalty and am pro-choice. If I was a female, I would be offended if someone told me what or not to do with my body. If I was a female, I wouldn't have one done, but that would be my choice. To save myself from being easily thwarted on my stance, I do not believe in late tri-mester abortions. By the time the sixth or seventh month, you should know if you want to have a baby or not. Besides, the operation to remove the fetus in that instance is horrible to say the least. Also, to believe in late term abortions, you also have to believe in infanticide and I am no fan of that fad.

I don't know why I wasted my time on this. This issue is one of the few that will never be solved. I think we will be waiting in a teleportation station 2000 years from now reading the news about another abortion clinic being bombed.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oxmank

It seems we agree.

Please note that I stated I believe abortion to be morally wrong. I do not back taking away women's rights to make this morally wrong decision. I DO protest ANY effort to pay for this morally wrong decision with even one cent of my tax payments.

And as for third trimester abortions...we see eye to eye.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You can go to Hell for lying, Colonel, as that is an abomination, and you have been making it a habit of bearing false witness against your neighbor. Because we aren't so keen on allowing our money go to your government in taxes so we can support "Family Planning" centers, support "artists" in their pursuit of filth and blasphemy, pay scientists millions to study the sex habits of the Louisiana bull frog and give money to perfectly healthy people, able to work but not wanting to do so, that means we are uncaring about the baby after it is born? I cry foul, as you are so wrong and you know it.

Perpetuating government waste at my expense and thereby taking more and more of the money I earn from my family and my charities is wrong. Just think, if you were taxed less, you could go and give booze money to even more winos! Or give it to an actually needy person. Or spend it on a new TV set, its your money to do with as your heart leads, not our money to spend as they see fit.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
um, thanks there Colonel.


I find it odd that SOME, like Colonel, can support it the other way (abortion but not execution). I'm not a big fan of 'death' in general but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when murderers lives are spared while unborn childrens right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness isn't protected







[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Bob88]



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Amen, Bob, and then they turn around and accuse US of eating babies!!!

some kind of voodoo going on here.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
EXACTLY Valhall...along those voodoo lines:
you never hear of the phrase 'left wing conpiracy' do you?



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No you don't, and I am always puzzled by the reasoning behind killing a baby and wanting to spare a man who raped boys in a clown costume and then after killing them put their bodies in a crawlspace. (John Wayne Gacy) The Liberals seem to take joy in taking away any repercussions for people's actions. "You got Pregnant?"-"Kill your Baby", "Shot your neighbor?"-"No biggie, go ahead and live a full life" Its incredible how these people demonize us!

And Colonel, once again, as a liberal you make big dramatic seeps but don't really say anything. It's amazing how liberals get anything done



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
No you don't, and I am always puzzled by the reasoning behind killing a baby and wanting to spare a man who raped boys in a clown costume and then after killing them put their bodies in a crawlspace. (John Wayne Gacy) The Liberals seem to take joy in taking away any repercussions for people's actions. "You got Pregnant?"-"Kill your Baby", "Shot your neighbor?"-"No biggie, go ahead and live a full life" Its incredible how these people demonize us!

And Colonel, once again, as a liberal you make big dramatic seeps but don't really say anything. It's amazing how liberals get anything done


You took an extreme case with that Stacy guy. I NEVER said I'm against the death penalty in circumstances like that but in MOST circumstances, the guy on death row is black and probably got a #ty trial b/c of a #ty Public defender---and could be innocent.

But, that doesn't fit in your frame of reference does it.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You can go to Hell for lying, Colonel, as that is an abomination, and you have been making it a habit of bearing false witness against your neighbor. Because we aren't so keen on allowing our money go to your government in taxes so we can support "Family Planning" centers, support "artists" in their pursuit of filth and blasphemy, pay scientists millions to study the sex habits of the Louisiana bull frog and give money to perfectly healthy people, able to work but not wanting to do so, that means we are uncaring about the baby after it is born? I cry foul, as you are so wrong and you know it.

Perpetuating government waste at my expense and thereby taking more and more of the money I earn from my family and my charities is wrong. Just think, if you were taxed less, you could go and give booze money to even more winos! Or give it to an actually needy person. Or spend it on a new TV set, its your money to do with as your heart leads, not our money to spend as they see fit.


Does the governemtn tax you so much that you can't put food on yor talbe. Oh, I didn't think so either. That money just doesn't go to helping the needy and artistic programs.,

It goes to fixing your roads, making sure your mail is delivered, to teachers for schools, public transportation, and the like. But, no, Mr. Cain wants to keep ALL of it for himself. Screw the community he lives in.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel


YOu all are against abortion but as soon as that baby is born...screw him. Let him fend for himself---don't take MY money in taxes to help that kid. I worked hard for it. And if he ends up committing murder, or just wrongly accused of murder, and gets the death penalty. Tuff. Not my problem. Am I my brother's keeper?

Hell is hot, repugnants.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]


Colonel we republician can afford condoms to not have kids if we dont want to.

You demoncracks on the other hand dont get enough money from welfare to buy a $.50 condom.




[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by Colonel


YOu all are against abortion but as soon as that baby is born...screw him. Let him fend for himself---don't take MY money in taxes to help that kid. I worked hard for it. And if he ends up committing murder, or just wrongly accused of murder, and gets the death penalty. Tuff. Not my problem. Am I my brother's keeper?

Hell is hot, repugnants.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]


Colonel we republician can afford condoms to not have kids if we dont want to.

You demoncracks on the other hand dont get enough money from welfare to buy a $.50 condom.




[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]


You republicans don't have sex until your married. Its the Christian thing, right? Sex is bad and dirty and sinful. That's how come you turn out so many freaks and perverts...because you're repressed.


PS. I didn't edit your thread, Russian. I just hit the wrong button by accident.



posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by Colonel


YOu all are against abortion but as soon as that baby is born...screw him. Let him fend for himself---don't take MY money in taxes to help that kid. I worked hard for it. And if he ends up committing murder, or just wrongly accused of murder, and gets the death penalty. Tuff. Not my problem. Am I my brother's keeper?

Hell is hot, repugnants.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]


Colonel we republician can afford condoms to not have kids if we dont want to.

You demoncracks on the other hand dont get enough money from welfare to buy a $.50 condom.




[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]


You republicans don't have sex until your married. Its the Christian thing, right? Sex is bad and dirty and sinful. That's how come you turn out so many freaks and perverts...because you're repressed.


PS. I didn't edit your thread, Russian. I just hit the wrong button by accident.


ok if you want to say that some republician dont have sex till they are married. is there anything bad about it or are they just more mature then you and could hold their dicks back. also it is the demoncracks that are perverted. they are the ones that are gay trying to get a kid to make him/her the same.



posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Colonel,

"You republicans don't have sex until your married. Its the Christian thing, right? Sex is bad and dirty and sinful. That's how come you turn out so many freaks and perverts...because you're repressed."

I'm a Christian and I was never taught sex is bad, dirty, or sinful in itself. Sex is a beautiful thing bro. I'm not repressed.

Like I told you before in other posts, you tend to generalise too much and place all blame of freaks and perverts amongst other topics on being Republican desease or problem when it is a human problem that knows no political boundries, Democrat or Republican.

About your comment of a black man getting an unfair trail? Come on, don't play the race card. Please there are many other racial backgrounds, including whites, that gets screwed over by govt.


[Edited on 11-14-2003 by Cearbhall]



posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Russian: Have you EVER had an actual comment to make or do you just spew crap against Col? Never have I seen a post of yours that had anything new to add.

Val: You don't want any tax money to go towards abortions, I can live with that.

I too think abortion morally wrong, I also think Roe v. Wade should not be overturned. I'm not one who could ever have an abortion (as I don't have the parts required for said procedure) but I also don't think the right to make a wrong decison should be taken away. My conservative friends complain that the left wing commies want to take away their decision making on gun ownership and whatnot, or their ability to buy cop killer bullets but they want to restrict a woman's right to choose. This confuses me.

I do not agree with late term abortion. I feel if the fetus is viable then you should have to give it up for adoption if you don't want the child. Previablity I think it is the decision of the couple (yes couple, I think the guy has some rights here).

I do not agree with a state sanctioned death penalty. The system has been shown to convict and sentence a disproportionate number of minorites. Given the same type of case and the same type of crime and make the only difference the race of the defendant and you see more minorites riding the lightening. Until the justice system is made more perfect I think the death penalty should be suspended. I shutter to think how many innocents we have excecuted.
Now don't get me wrong, some asswipe rapes, kills or generally harms my wife or child, that bastard will find justice, but it will be doled out my me in a most torturous fashion. I just don't think our justice system is intelligent enough to carry out the death penalty fairly.

Have fun flaming me.



posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cearbhall, I think you can find my answer with Observer's. Why repeat the same idea twice. In fact, even if its just not blacks or minorities getting unfair trials---the justice system is too skewed to administer the death penalty correctly.

That's why I'm against it but for the most extreme circumstances---as with John Gacy.



posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Col. and Observer,
So how do you propose to fix this justice system? What with more appeals? Better judges and lawyers? Lynch mob or vigilante justice? You can rant and rave all you'd like about it how the system is currently but the problem is how to fix it for the better and not just rant about it.



posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Col. and Observer,
So how do you propose to fix this justice system? What with more appeals? Better judges and lawyers? Lynch mob or vigilante justice? You can rant and rave all you'd like about it how the system is currently but the problem is how to fix it for the better and not just rant about it.


In the meantime,

WE GOTTA KILL EM ALL---GUILTY OR NOT!!!





top topics
 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join