It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drifting the SuperHornet!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It doesn't look like it was moving fast enough to flip. What makes you think it could of been fatal?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Obviously you chose to quote me out of context. Here is my entire post, notice I did not edit it.

Originally posted by WestPoint23
That video is hilarious, the announcer is improvising on the fly, "nicely handled". To make matters worse the crowd has no idea how close they came to a fatal ending.

I do not find the fact that those pilots could have been injured or perhaps killed funny, but I do find the fact that the announcer kept on going amusing, two separate issues here Tim.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Soory Westpoint,

I guess I should have known better then quoting out of context!

My point was that even with the comment from the announcer, I was too shook up to be amused.

Tim

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This happened at the Blue Angels 60th Anniversary show at the Pensacola Naval Air Station on 11/11/06.

I was there as always with my wife and kids. In fact, we were sitting on the forward ramp of a C-5A Galaxy in the static display area so we had a good view of the show :-). The video definitely does not give you the full appreciation of his speed when he dug it into the dirt and spun. He was doing 50 knots when the gear hit the grass. According to a friend of mine who is a Navy Flight Instructor with the training squadron at NAS said that usually they will punch out if they go into the dirt at 60kts or higher.

It was quite exciting to say the least. I think the coolest thing besides the pilots skill in keeping it together was the narrator who managed to weave a very calming description of what was happening as if it was textbook.

W.E.S.B

top topics

<< 1   >>

join