It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Brown said;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
“My interest in secret societies is the product of many experiences, some I can discuss, others I cannot.”

Has he ever been with any frats or secret societies?
Anyone know where he went to school?

Has he said anything before to state he was involved in one? Also I once saw he believes the premise of his book, is that true? I think most people who have studied the subject have passed it off and I would assume he would agree it is fiction.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
He went to Amherst College and was a member of Psi Upsilon fraternity. He graduated from Amherst in 1986.

Reading his book I got the feeling that he believed much of what he was writing. I was even under the impression that he was trying to get readers to sympathize with certain questionable aspects of the things he talked about, like the "sex ritual" he talked about. I think that when he was researching to write his book, he probably threw himself completely into the world of secret societies and such and possibly became a little too obsessed. In his research it would not surprise me if he ended up joining one or more secret society, though I have no evidence to back that claim up. I suppose it's possible that his book, like the Disney movies he mentioned, is just a story that pays homage to the Sacred Feminine, which would mean he may have been a member of a secret society that subscribes to this set of beliefs. Again, just speculation.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Also I once saw he believes the premise of his book, is that true?

as I recall what he said was that he "believes in the Possibility of the premis.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It is possible Brown has been initiated into a socety based upon his celeberity* However reading the Davinci code you will find many glaring historical errors, you will also find it is almost entirely plagarized from the earlier book Holy Blood Holy Grail* His prequel, Angels and Demons is worse, it is loaded with disinformation about the historical Illuminatie*

Personally I would not believe a word of Brown on any ritual, and I would never initiate him while he spreads pompous lies---I believe he says statements like that to increase hid own mystery and generate publicity for his upcoming book on Freemasons

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let's not forget Dan Brown is a writer of Fiction, and has taken many opportunities to confirm that the ideas are not his own and come from other sources. In Fiction, truth and accuracy have always been secondary to the quality of the storyline and the 'readability' of the novel.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My old boss is close friends with Dan Brown and his family (even gets a cryptic shout out, in Digital Fortress.) When I asked him about this subject, he said that Brown had always had a strong fascination with the subject of secret societies and such, but interest was as far as it went. Apparently Brown found all the stories far too sensational, and thus thought it would make a good work of fiction to combine a bunch of the more prevalent conspiracy theories regarding the subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
My old boss is close friends with Dan Brown and his family (even gets a cryptic shout out, in Digital Fortress.) When I asked him about this subject, he said that Brown had always had a strong fascination with the subject of secret societies and such,

What religion does Brown follow? It would be interesting to know this of course since many consider secret societies to be a religion. I can't find much information on Brown's background.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well it wasn't ever directly discussed, but when ever we would bring it up at a staff lunch (Brown was a favorite topic,) he definitely seemed like your average every-day Christian, not really part of any denomination. Although my boss was very old-south Christian values, so he could have been more deeply religious than I could tell. Definitely, from what I heard, would not seem to be interested in a religiously oriented secret society; but I'm sure anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

However reading the Davinci code you will find many glaring historical errors, you will also find it is almost entirely plagarized from the earlier book Holy Blood Holy Grail*

Even the courts have held this to be untrue. While Brown did reference HBHG he also
referenced several others, some of which can be found in the bibliography of HBHG.

in short what that means is that they both used some of the same sources. A big
difference in the 2 is thar one was published as purported fact and the other as FICTION.

new topics

top topics

join