It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing Reveals Everything? Everything Reveals Nothing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What is nothing? Does nothing exist? Has nothing ever existed? Will nothing ever exist? What are the implications of it's existence/non-existence? Does the belief in NO-thing not existing expose that EVERY-thing is forever?

Does the awareness of nothing existing = INfinity? (IN Finite/time/beginning and ending)

Does the awareness of nothing not existing = Outfinity (Eternity/Out of finite/No time/No beginning and no ending)

[edit on 16-11-2006 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Very good question. I agree with your summations.

However, since nothing is nothing, not even emptyness, it cannot exist, to exist laws must be in place. Nothing is not something that can be created, and all that exists is created.

One thing I am not sure of is your defintion of Infinity - you write it to mean finite whereas it means not. But if you have redefined the word I understand.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Very good question. I agree with your summations.

However, since nothing is nothing, not even emptyness, it cannot exist, to exist laws must be in place. Nothing is not something that can be created, and all that exists is created.

One thing I am not sure of is your defintion of Infinity - you write it to mean finite whereas it means not. But if you have redefined the word I understand.

We give thanks and we receive the acknowledgement.

Yes, We agree, nothing does not exist and if nothing is not a something that can Be created, then neither can existence Be created. Existence Is, allways has Been, and allways will Be.

Existence cannot Be created for this would cause a creation of 'nothing' before the 'something' of existence. Thus the creating of existence is allso the creation of nothing. Creation is not created, there is no creation and there is no created. Existence is Eternal and Outfinite Beingness. The Beingness of Existence is Outfinite and Eternal.

The word infinite has not been redefined, it allways has meant what it means; IN-finite.

In-finite is not Out-finite. To Be out of 'in-finite' is to Be Out-finite. We are not IN the finite. We ARE Outfinite.

Existence is free, laws govern. Existence does not even have laws, there is no limitation of the Being, the Being is Outfinite and Eternal. This IS free will.

Do 'you' agree with Our truths, the true Us? The truth is Us BEING

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
What is nothing? Does nothing exist? Has nothing ever existed? Will nothing ever exist? What are the implications of it's existence/non-existence? Does the belief in NO-thing not existing expose that EVERY-thing is forever?

Does the awareness of nothing existing = INfinity? (IN Finite/time/beginning and ending)

Does the awareness of nothing not existing = Outfinity (Eternity/Out of finite/No time/No beginning and no ending)

You have already solved the equation but choose to look at it incorrectly for some reason? .. subconcious or whatnot perhaps.. snap outta it.. lol

Nothing has always existed, that is the point to the question, ... If A Tree Falls In Forest and No One is Around .. Does It Still Make a Sound?... Short answer yes... long answer.. not how we think ..
If we accept ALL things... ALL the time, We understand them to be all one and the same. Nothing........ Unless WE Choose to bring it into existance, by focusing on it, or allowing it to enter our nervous system... because we DO have a filter and CAN Train that Filter.... The Filter is the Divider Inside of Us.. We are horribly Divided Though.. Very chaotically.. So as it says..., There will be Peace.. or At Onement for a 1000 years... so its saying its going to take us 1000 years to erase our bad thinking ... and after that thousand years, we will let 'satan' out again, and he(our focus/filter) will again begin to divide things.. but we will be dividing things with the understanding all things are equal, and all things are basically one.. because we totally don't understand that yet.. atleast globally..

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Do 'you' agree with Our truths, the true Us? The truth is Us BEING.

Very good question. I agree with our summation.

It is self-evident and immortal as a law of the one. We operate within it's framework and are blessed to percieve it correctly. And indeed, we are blessed to be able to question it at all. It is the reason why we can. Do we concur?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Do 'you' agree with Our truths, the true Us? The truth is Us BEING.

Very good question. I agree with our summation.

It is self-evident and immortal as a law of the one. We operate within it's framework and are blessed to percieve it correctly. And indeed, we are blessed to be able to question it at all. It is the reason why we can. Do we concur?

There are no laws.

Oneness does not equate to Beingness. Beingness is the undressing of all identity into the attire of Zero nothingness where it is recognized that WE-ARe Everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thankyou for the thoughts, much welcome. My take is that oneness must equate to beingness, because neither can exist without each other. I beleive also that beingness comes in degrees, and neither starts nor stops at any point along the line of understanding and identity. However, none of the incarnate hold the completed puzzle, we have to examine each other's pieces closely.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nothing has always existed, that is the point to the question, PuRe EnErGy

Nothing has never existed because it is not anything, and yet nothing has allways existed because anything is what it is not. To Us, nothing not Being anything IS Everything. Thus surmising the absolute Existence of Everything Eternally and Outfinitely.

Nothing is a triality in and of itself. It is Existing in its 'MEANING of non-Existence' THROUGH Existence, not Existing without Existence, and not Existing in Existence

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Nothing has always existed, that is the point to the question, PureEnergy

Nothing has never existed because it is not anything, and yet nothing has allways existed because anything is what it is not. To Us, nothing not Being anything IS Everything. Thus surmising the absolute Existence of Everything Eternally and Outfinitely.

Nothing is a triality in and of itself. It is Existing in its 'MEANING of non-Existence' THROUGH Existence, not Existing without Existence, and not Existing in Existence

Perhaps we simply misunderstand eachother..

I was saying the exact same thing as you...
I was just trying to say it without confusing circles.. lol

but we're all very confusing to eachother and ourselves.. lol

I was saying nothing exists when we allow EVERYTHING to exist as one.. I suppose this is really quite the task to make sound practical

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of the time years ago when I spent my entire income tax refund to attend a workshop, I think it was Landmark Forum or something, an offshoot of the EST, Werner lecture teachings.

I spent several hundred daughters to listen to some B#%# ultimately pound it into our heads that

Nothing really matters, and it doesn't matter that nothing really matters.

It made sense then............... What a waste of money, sort of

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
This reminds me of the time years ago when I spent my entire income tax refund to attend a workshop, I think it was Landmark Forum or something, an offshoot of the EST, Werner lecture teachings.

I spent several hundred daughters to listen to some B#%# ultimately pound it into our heads that

Nothing really matters, and it doesn't matter that nothing really matters.

It made sense then............... What a waste of money, sort of

Were you thinking of someones daughter in a naughty way? ... lol hehhe sorry I couldn't resist..

and I agree what a waste of money.. its far better to understand things that are free.. or easily obtainable.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OUCH!!!

Thanks for the opportunity to laugh at myself, Pure Energy.

I do have three daughters, but they aren't for sale!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
OUCH!!!

Thanks for the opportunity to laugh at myself, Pure Energy.

I do have three daughters, but they aren't for sale!!!

it was cute, I couldn't resist I do it all the time.. its the reason for most of my edits.. lol hahahah

no but really the two concepts themselves are kinda dumb.. nothing and something.. they are still

noTHING
and
someTHING

They are both still THINGS... which makes them something that is measured.. which is contradictory to the word itself... NO-THING... NOTHING... the word itself doesn't mean anything lol.... its a stupid word IMO... It only describes not accepting SOMeTHING or being ignorant of SOMeTHING.... lol it really can't imply what people think it implies... NOTHING... because what we call NOTHING (ZERO) is still SOMeTHING, its a freakin' number...

So to be really practical we need new words.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Were you thinking of someones daughter in a naughty way? ... lol hehhe sorry I couldn't resist..

Oh my what a visual I am getting from that! Its funny how everyone assumes everyone is a guy on here, then again you may not be assuming anything. Dirty minded people.

You people stay away from my step-daughter!

[edit on 17-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The very first moment my eyes started to flutter open ( i called it then Satori for it was definitely a buddhist moment ) I was reading the bible for the first time in almost 20 years...just picked it up again like I knew i would the day i put it down at the end of my teenage years *innocence* LOL...

I looked up suddenly - off into the space in front of me and I saw, all at once:

the whole solar system from a point beyond the edge of it and at the same time I saw every single little detail of all of it - every grain of sand and all...

I heard myself say out loud 'none of it really matters' but it was the understanding not of futility but rather my very first breath of true fresh living air...

It was awesome and it started a big stone rolling up a down hill....

Satori.

new topics

top topics

join