It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing boaters search finds bodies OTHER than the reported missing couple!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Two people go missing on 11/08/06 in a boating accident at Strawberry Reservoir in Utah. They are a young married couple by the last name of Roundy. The search turns VERY STRANGE by finding 2 drowned bodies other than the Roundys.

www.sltrib.com
The group had been on the reservoir fishing from a 14-foot aluminum boat, when the vessel abruptly turned and became swamped with water, Rogers said. The boat was out in the middle of reservoir with little wind blowing when it capsized.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now the search has yet to find the bodies BUT..............in seeking the Roundys...2 other bodies have been recovered from Strawberry Reservoir as of 11/15/06.
One man was identified as missing since 2001, the more recent body is yet to be identified. Very odd to keep discovering 'other' bodys IMHO.
Today a search plane crashed near the reservoir whilst searching for the bodies of the Roundys who have yet to be found.
This is all getting weirder and weirder, almost as if there is a curse on Strawberry reservoire. Makes me wonder if this reservoir is maybe a dumping place for dead bodys or something similarly sinister.

Related News Links:
news.google.com
news.google.com
news.google.com
news.google.com

[edit on 16-11-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 16-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Umm... why are people allowed to take boating trips on a reservoir? Is this normal because the idea seems strange to me, and it can't be healthy to have four decomposing bodies in reservoir can it?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I highyl doubt the water goes straight from the reservoir to the kitchen sink, shower. I do not blieve it is illegal to go boating in a reservoir, and I have seen a place outside of Truth or Consequences in New Mexico that had a little tourist attraction at one.

A quick google search turns up plenty of reservoirs where one can go boating. All it is just another body of water for storage or community use.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yet ANOTHER body FOUND, today 11/16/06
This makes 3 'mystery' bodys so far

Ok this is just getting MORE & MORE strange................today, the day AFTER the plane crash they dredged up yet ANOTHER body in Strawberry Reservoir!

This make a total of 3 bodies found and they still have yet to find the 2 bodys wich prompted this search.

Utah has quite a few reservoirs and YES they are used recreationally all the time for fishing. boating, water skiing ect. The reservoirs go through a total filteration process prior to becomeing potable water in our homes.

Link below about todays new body found.
www.abc4.com... adlines/story.aspx?content_id=2F35AAD9-B846-4222-9659-F1E6E5A34E61

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
honestly, I would not doubt if you dredged any other body of water of similar size to this reservoir, it may be likely we would find bodies there as well if they had not already been dredged during search missions.

It could just be this is the first time in years, or decades that this body of water had been dredged. do we have any records of previous searches?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
It could just be this is the first time in years, or decades that this body of water had been dredged. do we have any records of previous searches?

This is the proverbial nail on the head I believe.........turns out they are using very 'high tech' sonar and underwater location devices that are of fairly recent design.
Strawberry Reservoir has NEVER been gone over in this way, so who know just how many bodies they will pull out.
Fine tooth coming it as they are doing.

This is NOT a small body of water and it has been there for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can only imagine what , or dare I say who could be lying at the bottom of any large body of water all over the country. scares me just thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ever wish you had been sent out to locate a missing bag of money?

When I was a kid, I had this giant magnet..strong enough to lift a heavy bicycle.
We tied it to a rope, and ran up and down a reservoir in a rowboat..Recovered fishing lures, tools, motor parts..and something that gave me the willies..two belt buckles..

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Now THAT is some creepy ish indeed. Course there is always the chance someone was just tossing away an old buckle, but we may never know for sure. Unless of course you report it to the local PD and they actually follow through with a search.

How did you get such a powerful magnet anyways? I would like to try that experiment myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reminds me of a story from where I grew up:

Police find a body in the local peat bog (Lindow Moss) and release a few details.

A local man walks into the cop shop and says 'I did it, I murdered my wife and buried her in the peat bog'.

He's arrested, makes a full statement and is remanded awaiting trial.

Forensics then report on the remains is that it was male, from the Roman period and obviously completely unconnected.

They still haven't found the wife's body

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The way they are going, the next thing they will find is Jimmy Hoffa in that lake.

Then they will find Amelia Erhart's plane.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Don't forget the King himself. But seriously spacedoubt, I would like to utilize a magnet of that strength in an effort to at least remove that kind of litter from the bottom of shallow lakes at my local park. Do you have any suggestions or remember any details of how you got something that powerful?

(sorry I typed the wrong name)

[edit on 11/16/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It was a long time ago..But my dad still has the thing. it's alot weaker now.

It came from a friend whose father worked for a Communication Satellite company.
I "think" it was from some sort of guidance system..but I'm not sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Because IMO if local municipilaties were to acquire some of that for their envrionmental departments, I think we could get rid of a lot of that metallic litter and old hooks n lures. Would do alot to clean up the bottom.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow great post, really makes me wonder and I will follow this one. Their are thousands of people that disapear every year and maybe they have found the dumping place of a serial killer.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Because IMO if local municipilaties were to acquire some of that for their envrionmental departments, I think we could get rid of a lot of that metallic litter and old hooks n lures. Would do alot to clean up the bottom.

Well, electromagnets powerful enough to pick up an automobile are in use in junkyards around the world...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes I have seen them in action. I have yet to see them use them to comb over the bottom of water bodies. I suppose the common hought is if we cannot se it it is not a problem.

I would love to see this stuff used to go over the bottom of bays and harbors to clean out at least one kidnd of pollution. Hell it can even be sold off as scrap to offset some of the costs of the cleanup.

As far as searching for bodies though, man I think the only way of doing it is searching with divers no?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

As far as searching for bodies though, man I think the only way of doing it is searching with divers no?

I think it depends somewhat on how long the bodies have been under water. I remember reading something about devices that detect gases from decomposing bodies. But, I agree, to actually do the recovery would require divers. Unless there are robots, like they use for shipwreck exploration...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Today....the bodies of the Roundys were found pulled from the water......closure for the family now.
www.abc4.com... adlines/story.aspx?content_id=9B298CA1-C790-429F-945A-B0D258E1F0AC

Amazing that in searching for these people, other familys found closure on other lost boaters and swimmers.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlternativeTraveler
The way they are going, the next thing they will find is Jimmy Hoffa in that lake.

Then they will find Amelia Erhart's plane.

Even thought this is a pretty sad subject.....this statement is pretty dang funny

Considering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join