It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush not Afraid to Strike Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The outgoing Israeli Ambassador to the US has stated in an interview, that 'President Bush will not hesitate to go all the way if necessary'. Stating that he 'has had the privilege to know the President well', he is departing his post after 4 1/2 years in Washington.

news.yahoo.com
But if that tactic also failed to stem Iran's nuclear plans, Ayalon said Bush would likely use air power combined with limited ground forces to attack Iran.

"Anyone who knows President Bush knows that he is very determined. He is convinced of the moral supremacy of democracies over dictatorships ... If the sanctions succeed, all the better. Otherwise, he will act by all means possible, including military action," he said.

In public, Bush has said he backs a diplomatic solution with Iran but has refused to rule out a military strike.

The Islamic republic has said it is willing to talk to the U.S., but that Washington must first "change its attitude."

Asked if the United States would be capable of taking military action against Iran, given that it is already engaged in a debilitating conflict in Iraq, Ayalon said:

"This is not an operation on the same scale. There is no intention of employing large ground forces. That is not the model. This is more a case of employing air power combined with limited ground forces."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The situation between Iran and Israel is heating up. This insight by Ayalon may give us some idea of the President's willingness to take care of Irans nuclear program, one way or the other. Meanwhile, neither side is backing down. Olmert and Netanyahu are State side, warning America, while Iran has stated its goal of 60,000 centrifuges.

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.zeenews.com
www.haaretz.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's an update on this story.

U.S. President George W. Bush and President Jacques Chirac of France met several weeks ago. Bush told his French counterpart that the possibility that Israel would carry out a strike against Iran's nuclear installations should not be ruled out.

Bush also said that if such an attack were to take place, he would understand it. According to European diplomats who later met with Rice, the secretary of state did not express the same willingness to show understanding for a possible Israeli strike against Iran.

Nonetheless, Rice did not discount the possibility that such an operation may take place.

www.haaretz.com...

Iran has developed and tested a trigger device for a nuclear bomb, Israeli agents stationed there have told the White House, according to a report published in The New Yorker Monday morning.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Through "wording" (or prophecies if you will) in the Bible, doesn't it suggest that Gog and Maygog (spelling?)(Russia) will attack Israel? The attack on Israel by Russia in my opinion would be retalliation for Israel attacking Iran, of which Russia has serveral ties with.

With that happening, I would think that Israel would whip Russia... bringing the middle east to a head... where the US would step in... thus bringing the "Kings of the East" to slaughter whomever's left. Or something like that?

All I know, or believe, is that if all goes down as is written in the Bible (or as is playing out in the middle east)... we're headed to the end. The anti-christ should reveal himself around the time of the "Kings of the East" doing their thing... thus marking the time of Rapture.

The time is near... make peace with God.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We don't need another war nor can Western countries afford it. Iran can't harm Israel even if it has a bomb compared to the hundreds that Israel has. Israel can destroy the entire middle east if it wants to.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Everything that's happening is spelled out by the angel Gabriel to Daniel. Daniel 8:20-22. King of the Gentiles comes raging out of the West and strikes Media (Iraq) first, and Persia (Iran) last.

I don't think Israel could whip Russia. However, no one whips the One who protects it!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEarI don't think Israel could whip Russia. However, no one whips the One who protects it!

I am sure that there is a Muslim extremist thinking the same thing now, about the "holy lands" in the Middle East. If your God was so hip on saving Israel, then Israel wouldn't have suicide bombings in it's land almost every day, now would it? Maybe for once we should stick to the reality of a situation instead of focusing on some dogma to get us through the day.

God isn't arming himself/herself/itself with nuclear bombs, God isn't developing new ways to kill each other (and that is working on both sides), God isn't calling for the end of any people, nor using itself to defend the right to kill.

People are, simple, that's just what it is. People

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted by denythestatusquo
Iran can't harm Israel even if it has a bomb compared to the hundreds that Israel has.

Israel is a tiny country. They can't afford to be hit by even one nuke. Who can blame them for wanting to survive. The last time they waited on the world to do something, 6 million of them were exterminated. As they say in Israel, 'Never Again'!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted by niteboy82
If your God was so hip on saving Israel, then Israel wouldn't have suicide bombings in it's land almost every day, now would it?

Suicide bombers don't threaten Israel's existence. God allows what he allows. Unlike you, I don't pretend to be His counselor. Fact of the matter is, Israel is not looking to God for anything. They seem to be right in line with your viewpoint. They will turn back to Him though, they always have!

God isn't arming himself/herself/itself with nuclear bombs, God isn't developing new ways to kill each other (and that is working on both sides), God isn't calling for the end of any people, nor using itself to defend the right to kill.

God is Holy we are Not. If we were, we would be God.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you hate the US government type 1, if you think we should revolt type in 2. pretty soon they'll come in and take me to a prison in a foriegn country and interrorgate me of being a domestic terrorist.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
posted by TheOne1989

If you hate the US government type 1, if you think we should revolt type in 2. pretty soon they'll come in and take me to a prison in a foriegn country and interrorgate me of being a domestic terrorist.

I think that much of the country would agree with you. That's what worries me. If we are hit with WMD's on our soil, I'm not sure that the country will hold together.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
We don't need another war nor can Western countries afford it. Iran can't harm Israel even if it has a bomb compared to the hundreds that Israel has. Israel can destroy the entire middle east if it wants to.

I agree, but monetary issues are the last of my concerns.

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I don't think Israel could whip Russia. However, no one whips the One who protects it!

Israel has the same strength the US does, after all, we gave it to them. They might be smaller, but just as strong. And yes, the US would come running to the rescue.

Originally posted by niteboy82
I am sure that there is a Muslim extremist thinking the same thing now, about the "holy lands" in the Middle East. If your God was so hip on saving Israel, then Israel wouldn't have suicide bombings in it's land almost every day, now would it? Maybe for once we should stick to the reality of a situation instead of focusing on some dogma to get us through the day.

People are, simple, that's just what it is. People

I'm not sure where you're headed there, but... I don't think God has much infuence on what's happening in the middle east. I think the "opposition" has much more... which will eventually bring us to Rapture. I don't know. I don't think anyone really does. No one has suggested that God is looking for ways to kill, or to build bombs... I think we're all in agreement that the people (the ones that the opposition is trying to recruit) are the ones at fault there.

Originally posted by TheOne1989

I'm sure there will be plenty of Americans there, including myself, to keep you company, if Bushy Boy gets his way.

1 & 2... are those our only choices?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Anyway religious nonsense aside which is being stated ^above....I can guarantee you that any action against Iran will have divided opinions in the US now. After Iraq, the American people are not so quick to support things such as this.

Especially with the new congress coming in...they are not so keen on getting into more wars.

The scary thing is...I truly believe something like this will happen. The even scarier thing is...how will it happen?

And to the person who said Russia will attack Israel...not a chance.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted by RetinoidReceptor
The scary thing is...I truly believe something like this will happen. The even scarier thing is...how will it happen?

The REALLY scary thing is, it doesn't look like you'll have your spaceship ready in time to avoid it!
What was plan B again?

And to the person who said Russia will attack Israel...not a chance.

What is so far fetched about that? Russia has always sided with the Arabs. Just like they're doing with Iran right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I Hope america tries.
I really do..
its obvious your administration needs to wake up and look at reality a bit more.

Surley thousnads and thousands of dead citizens coming back in planes... major economic collapse.. and extreme civil unrest will make them think

'' hey.. maybe we should stop meddling in other nations affairs ''

just a shame its going to take that much, until they realise.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
America, at this present time, would require another catalyst event to galvanise public opinion enough to support a direct attack on Iran by the US (get yer duct tape and plastic sheeting ready).
There is then the possibility that Israel will kick off the proceedings, and then have the US act as a blocking force. That means retaliation against US troops but that's ok, they're only gentiles and not worth worrying about

Of course Bunnypants is not afraid, it's not like he's gonna be anywhere near the action is it?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If Iran is deliberatly supporting through actions, the killing of innocent life of people in Iraq regardless of being foreign contractors and/or civilians, it's the type of action that warrants serious focus on Iran.

If the same is happening by Iran in Palestine against the people of Israel in Israel the same sort of serious military focus on Iran may well be needed. By NATO, the UN and the specifically Governments of Israel and the United States or any free democracy who knows where it all may lead eg loose-nucs later on.

Stopping the the threat now, or as Wolfawitz suggested and was accepted, being pre-emptive, may slow down the anticipated destruction of a free society through a terrorist WMD.

Sitting at the table and changing aggressive views of such hate saturated countries is a little late now. It's unfortuante, but may be necessary that Isreal, the USA and allies may have to act first and talk later.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Iran is not going to nuke Israel. It has neither the means or the motive.
There is only one nuclear power in the ME and that is Israel, and they want it to stay that way by embroiling others in their plans to keep them as top dog.
Hell, there are even many Jews around the world becoming more and more vocal about their opposition to the Israeli state and trying to distance themselves from it and the Zionist idiots who run it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
CIA Analysis Finds Iran Not Developing Nuclear Weapons:

www.truthout.org...

I find it amazing that this is able to happen so soon after iraq. it is only a matter of time before iran gets invaded/attacked, probably after an enormous false flag operation that will be blamed on the iranians or syrians. again the public will fall for it no matter what the evidence says in contradiction (because the truth is so hard to accept for some). this will be the beginning of a massive war, iran has much more modern military power than iraq.

People need to listen to the leaders like president Ahmadinejad. He has actually said he would welcome in the american and british scientists to help with iran developing its rightful own nuculear power (not weapons unlike israel who sends people for jail for life, for telling about them!). He has asked time again and again for a debate with bush/blair. It is so unusual to see a world leader who doesnt actually want a war and and would rather talk about the issues at hand insdead of lying plastic coated fake smiles. He also wrote a respectul letter to bush.no luck there either! :

edition.cnn.com...

listen to the man mike '60 minutes' wallace described as 'handsome' and 'charming'
youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted by gilgamesh
(because the truth is so hard to accept for some).

Maybe just your version of the truth. After all, everything seems to start under a 'false flag operation', in other words, just get rid of the military right?

As far as your apologetics for AMADJIHAD, I am always amazed to here that garbage. He supports terrorists, plain and simple. So go ahead and align yourself with that if you like.
How do you feel about Hitler? Was he just misunderstood?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Anyone who trusts the iranian word of peaceful nuclear power is at best naive or worst simple minded.After hiding nuke program for 20+ yrs they have credibility?The only statement i believe true is one in which they stated israel would be wiped off the map.And posters here think they should be trusted with nuke program??HELLO!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join