It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Broadcast Live HDTV From International Space Station - 8pm CST TONIGHT (11/15/2006)!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

www.informationweek.com...

NASA To Broadcast Live HDTV From International Space Station

The space agency is working with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Discovery HD Theater, and Japanese broadcast network NHK to produce two live broadcasts.

Nov 14, 2006 02:44 PM

NASA will broadcast the first live high-definition television feed from space next week.

"HDTV provides up to six times the resolution of regular analog video," said NASA Principal Investigator Rodney Grubbs in a statement. "On previous missions, we've flow HDTV cameras but had to wait until after the mission to retrieve the tapes, watch the video, and share it with the science and engineering community, the media, and the public. For the first time ever, this test lets us stream live HDTV from space so the public can experience what it is like to be there."

The U.S. space agency announced Tuesday that it is working with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Discovery HD Theater, and Japanese broadcast network NHK to produce two live broadcasts. The special broadcasts will air Nov. 15, on Discovery HD Theater, NHK, and at Discovery Channel stores.

I've already checked the Discovery HD Theatre site and there's no mention of it at all. Typical. I've even emailed Discovery HD to find out when they will be airing this.

Personally, I'm excited, the quality should be absolutely breathtaking and will be the best use of my HDTV yet!

How cool would it be though if "our little friends" took the opportunity to give us a wave or say hello in HIGH DEFINITION!!!

If anyone can possibly find out any more information about airtime I'd really appreciate it.

Pokey Oats

[edit on 15-11-2006 by Pokey Oats]

[edit on 15-11-2006 by Pokey Oats]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok, it's definitely on today:

November 15th, 2006

I've established that it's at 8pm Central time for 30 minutes and according to the guide, it's L I V E !!

I do not know the times for the other regions in the US though, sorry.

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Fact time!!

It was aired live at 11:30am and the 8pm broadcast was a repeat.

It was still fun though, very clear. Watching the astronaut drink a sphere of floating orange juice was nifty!

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I watched it on the Science Channel was kinda fun

Wish I was in Space

new topics

top topics

join