It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Coverup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I think thier would be a bit of panic in context of the situation of thier arrival.
Of course if they came and were hostile, panic yes.
Confusion would be thier no matter the situation, that you can not disagree with.
Deep

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I believe that aliens have visited this planet. It's just a matter of a secret alliance between certain powerful groups and them. Sure, it WOULD cause panics, but if the aliens only really wanted to harvest us, and the secret groups just wanted the alien technology to wage war on one another, then a coverup would suit them just fine.

Think about it- don't present a target to blame the mutilations and abductions on, and they just get passed off anomalies or crazy mutterings. The Secret Ones on earth get free technology because -obviously- there is some sort of schizm between various high-level groups.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
IMO, the reasons to cover it up has mostly to do with how our world and its economy works. Big oil and its control over the price of the dollar in world trade has a LOT to do with keeping everything under wraps. Perhaps if and when a stock market crash happens and the U.S. dollar gets severly devalued is when the cat will be let out of the bag. They're just attempting to keep the status quo going for right now. If they release all the alien info, the world will be changed in numerous and unpredictable ways with regards to how people accept and acclimate towards the news.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Everyone here has left out the fact that there could be something more sinister going on too. I'm not saying it is happening, but what if the government first thought about releasing the info, then they saw the potential benefits to the military. The US is the only the superpower in the world, don't you think the powers that be want to keep it that way. So perhaps the government made the tech-abduction deal so that they could remain the only power in the world. Or the aliens are working with the government to help us develop "UFO's" capable of extreme maneuravability and speed. In other words they aren't releasing the information because they're exploiting the benefits of keeping it secret from the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think our next gen is ready, why i think this?

becouse im 16, 75% of the kids at my school think the gov is hiding it or they have a deal with them whatever..

but just becouse theres aliens dosnt mean theres 1 "main" god,

even if the aliens "helped" earth....

but think abvout this, to travel as far as they do, they would have to "controle" time

so whos not to think that we are them just way, WAY in the futer??

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, if what if I heard is correct, then the aliens and the U.S. government have a trade in which the aliens give them technology and they give them the permission to abduct U.S. citizens to harvest sperm, eggs, etc. If they came forward about the aliens, then people would demand to know why there are so many abduction cases, and since the gov't said aliens are real, they'll think the abduction cases were real(even though I think most are bull#). The citizens would be extremely frightened and demand the gov't do something about it, but were they to stop, we'd lose our getting technology as well as supplies of Element 115(alleged "flying saucer fuel"). Citizens themselves might also take action against this, I have no idea what they would do. Anyway, instead of making it public and having to deal with all that garbage and possibly losing their technology link, they choose to keep quiet. From their perspective, it seems like a pretty good idea. If they come forward about what's really going on, then they'll be screwed since they basically turned the U.S. population into a farm without them knowing.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
IMO, the reasons to cover it up has mostly to do with how our world and its economy works. Big oil and its control over the price of the dollar in world trade has a LOT to do with keeping everything under wraps. Perhaps if and when a stock market crash happens and the U.S. dollar gets severly devalued is when the cat will be let out of the bag. They're just attempting to keep the status quo going for right now. If they release all the alien info, the world will be changed in numerous and unpredictable ways with regards to how people accept and acclimate towards the news.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this just shows my point about the US being egocentric. Most people are replying as if the US is the only one that has a say in this. The world is a big place. Are aliens only likely to go the US. I am sure if there is a cover up, the whole world would have to be in on it. Many countries don't like the status quo right now. Why wouldn't they release information to change the status quo.

The US is a superpower because it is a very rich country with a good economy built on the backs of slaves. There have been many other superpowers through out history, they have all fallen. Someday that will likely happen to the US. Right now is its time to shine. I predict in a few decades China or the European Union will be running the planet.

But I digress, that is a discussion for another thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Vanishing point, surely, if the aliens were that clever that thier technology would be so valuable to us, then all they would need is a single DNA sample from a human, rather than many, many abductees?

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes, that is probably more likely, but I doubt anyone will know for sure in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
all very good points....

but if there messing with our genes then they would have to sample alot of people and then they would check up on them

thats what i think, but im no scientest iether

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If the aliens struck a deal with the government so they could harvest humans, what do the aliens really get out of it? Surely if they are so techonologically advanced they could just take what they need without permission. Who would stop them.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People may be angry that the government covered something like that up for so long, but I think they would be more concerned about what they were hearing. We would forget about the anger after a short while, we always do. The problem is that there isnt necesarily a cover-up. If there is, yes we would probably keep it hushed for military reasons. Yes, there would be concerns of mass panic. BUT.... The government doesnt control my mind. The government doesnt control your minds either. There is too many people that would know. There would be too much evidence. The chances of a life form finding us here on earth is slim...very slim. As a matter of fact its so slim it could be considered zero. The universe is almost too big for any life form to have any chance at finding us. Not to mention that there is no doctrine saying a life form would be more advanced than humans. Every life form in the universe has had the same amount of time to evolve. I find it a reach for a life form to be far more advanced than we are. Therefore...

How would they find one planet, on one star out of billions, in one galaxy out of billions, in one galaxy cluster out of billions? Not very likely. And not very possible. They would have a better chance at finding a needle in one of our haystacks the size of Jupitor.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i dont know iether...

but if you read the bibble, then the "aliens"
are "angels" so they "made" us, then they came back to "check" us.

i agree they could be coming here to look at our DNA,

i also agree if there so advanced they wouldnt need to.

im damn sure they at least took a few people....

and if theres 1 race then theres otheres,, hell, it could be diffrent controys of the same race who knows

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, I believe I've discovered what the aliens REALLY want:

BREAKFAST CEREAL

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Project Mogul is a perfectly good explaination of the Roswell incident. I tend to believe it.
Having said that, I also believe that many credible people have seen UFOs and that there is something to the UFO phenomena. I just need some evidence before I am convinced. I would like to see a UFO firsthand (and yes I know many very good people have). I just feel that seeing is believing. I need scientific evidence!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
this subject to me centers firmly on the control of resources.. technologies like microchips, fiber optics, and LED anything are likely derived from reversed et technology but renewable energy is probably at the heart of everything. with free, limitless energy resources how do you control the wayward population? there have been so many scientists at the forefront of this science field who unexpectedly met their demise in bizarre, unlikely circumstances.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join