It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Weather Going Crazy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944

Originally posted by scorpiomoon

- pole shift???

Magnetic poles have virtually nothing at all to do with weather. North and south geographic poles are cold due to the tilt of the earth and the further distance from the sun. North and south geographic poles will stay that way wherever the magnetic pole is. We will still expect to get the "belts" of climate running from the geographic pole to the equator and back again no matter where the magnetic pole is, even if it decided to do a Phileas Fogg.

Look elsewhere for climate issues, but don't confuse magnetic pole-shift with climate-shift.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by d60944]

I am well aware of the difference between magnetic and geographic poles. Although I did not specify which type of pole may be shifting, I did mean the magnetic poles. The very basis of HAARP technology rests on the understanding of the interactions between the ionosphere and the magnetosphere - and the magnetosphere is a product of both the incoming heliosphere electromagnetic radiation and the earth-rotational generated electromagnetic field (with its two magnetic poles).

The way in which the magnetic field overlays or intermeshes with the geographic sphere is surely going to dictate to some extent the weather as it manifests on the planet. Surely you don't believe that the weather is entirely independant from Earth's electromagnetic field?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have noticed the seasons have definatly shifted here in the uk! It is november and it used to be freezing cold with ice or even snow. It is meant to be winter here but what have we got?

AUTUM leaves have just started to fall off trees, we have had snow in the summer, last year I think may have been uear before but it was maddness!! I went out with no coat on the other day even. Our winter starts in Janurary now!

It is definatly global warming, but we are not really acting quick enough to stop it.

I visited canada when I was 16, they had recycelling schemes going on then, I am now 33 and our county has just launched recycelling NOW! 17 YEARS LATER THAN CANADA isn't it a disgrace?? GOOD ON YOU CANADA XX!!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hi guys, out of interest....

has anyone been killed in the fires/storms hitting qld atm?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People say this every single year.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Of course the government would say it's global warming because then they can push the blame off of them. I think the reason the government hasn't bothered about it before is because there's no money to be made. It's just that the problem is getting serious now and they want to look good. People have been saying for years that we have to start looking after mother nature or she will turn on us, and look what's happening, strange weather, tsunamis. The government just won't listen because it won't make them money.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
People say this every single year.

Christmas happens every year but every year the kids get somethig new.

This year in particular has been so peculiar that people are standing up and realy taking notice. As I stated earlier, even the news channels are stating that the weather is going ballistic for some strange reason.

To further elaborate on your comment about people saying this every year, it makes sense that if people are stating every year that the weather is alot stranger than the year before, then the change in weather every year is happening.

All of you are bringing up comments about what you have seen, experienced or heard.

Good on you all for helping not only myself, but others understand that the world is falling deeper into an abyss of strange occurences that haven't been fully explained to the public.

Might I also add that the weather yesterday in Sydney was cold and blustery, and today I got sunburn.

Strange weather indeed.

Also, for another posters topic about Kakadu and its monsoons; that is a natural part of Australias weather, as Kakadu is riiiiiiiight off in the distance from most cities you've heard of in Australia.

Sydney is my home city, and it's really copping it.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Weird weather - not really. I grew up in South Australia and now live in Sydney. I have been here for 15 years and i think the weather has actually stabilised a bit compared to years gone by.

I recall wearing a beanie and cold weather jacket outside in November in the 1990's for a few years running. I recall fierce thunder storms rolling in almost every day in summer and very cold winters.

Of late this seems to have eased up. Yeah the drought is bad but some farmers who have been around think it has been worse. Last weeks cold snap is nothing abnormal. I wqould prefer the 6 weeks of rain and the storms as it provides much needed rain not just for the city but the country areas as well.

What i think is screwed up is we have had a drought in many parts of Australia now for almost 6 years, but the media only gets interested as do the poliicians when prices go up and government start handing out subsidies - then they forget about it till next time. Its only now due to severe water shortages that the media and pollies are waking up to reality. Our major river system may be with out water this time next year - that is a huge problem.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join