It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octet (8 limbed baby) born in India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Link
Video included

Villagers in Diuri in Gaya district in Bihar are flocking to offer prayers to a congenitally disordered child - with eight limbs, four hands and four legs.

Wrapped in a red cloth with fresh flowers and money being showered on her, the child is unaware of her condition though her parents are worried about her future.

Labourers by profession, They say they cannot afford a medical treatment though like every parent they want to raise their child well.

This is very weird, and cool. I wonder if it's a sign of something. An omen of the comming of Kali, or the end of the Kali Yuga. I don't know, I'm just pulling stuff out of my @$$, but interesting none the less.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How is a child born with such severe birth defects cool? The parents can't afford the surgury needed to give this child a normal life. This is not wierd or cool. It is sad.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There's probably some incest involved there.

I'm not really sure how long these people will be short of money with all these people flocking to see the baby. They need to start asking for donations or something.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, since we know that every birth can't be perfect, it's cool to see the myriad of defects that can occur to a fetus. Sure the situation is sad. And it's unlkely that the baby will grow very old, but it will still be interesting to see.

If a baby was born with a third eye, it would also be sad, but cool that the same feature is mentioned of the Gods.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I believe this is what they call a parasite twin and no, there doesnt have to be incest or its nothing the parents did.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
No it's not incest or any other thing.

The baby was originally twins. This is a conjoined twin that got partly absorbed into her body. They're rare, but not unknown (people with 3 legs or 4 legs or an extra arm or two.) I don't know that she will survive long without a lot of expensive medical treatment (who knows what else is wrong).

Here's a baby with 3 arms:
abclocal.go.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that a baby with multiple limbs is born into a culture who's gods have the same extraordinary trait. It reminds me of the white buffalo thing almost. I'm not saying it's not to be expected, especially in a country with such a large population, but it is definately interesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Poor little mite

Not much of a life ahead of her, God Bless.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I believe this is what they call a parasite twin and no, there doesnt have to be incest or its nothing the parents did.

Yes dg that is what it seems to be, and the baby is still alive, that could means that the baby is a perfect baby but with extra limbs from the parasitic twin.

In modern medicine that can be corrected.

But in places like where the babe was born is not much chance for a normal life at all.

How sad, I hope some missionary group will take pity on the baby condition.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wonder if that's near Bhopal? Where that big chemical disaster happened?

That poor kid.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
1st, why is this in website related forum?

And my opinion is, how is having 2 extra arms and legs a defect? I would say its a benefit.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Okay, first let me say that the link wouldn't allow me to see any video, I just got audio. But, what if, just what if, this child is not an abomination or a charity case, but something really, really special. Many cultures have stories about celestial beings being born as mortals, and many of them have extremely complicated births, and some even have severe birth "defects". What if this child grows up to be something that any other ordinary child could never be? Bah, normal life...that's for suckers. What if it really is a goddess made flesh? Consider the possibility. Perhaps I sound insane. Or perhaps, humans, in their arrogance, have truly lost touch with the notions that there are higher, celestial beings. Beings that can choose to be made flesh in our world. I for one support not chopping this kid up, not unless her life absolutely depends on it. What if this is a sign? One of you mentioned Kali. Yes, Kali is associated with death, but she is also viewed as a version of Parvati, who is viewed as a female version of Shiva, who is an aspect of Vishnu who is part of Brahma, the all pervading divine presence. So, what if this, wonderful child is a symbol of the new times we have ahead of us? All things change, wether we accept it or not. This child, she may be sign of things to come. You think that it's a mistake she was born in India? I don't. But, hey, that's just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I mentioned Kali, only because she has 4 arms, and is known as the bringer of death (Kali is actually loosely translated to mean time). We are also living in the Kali Yuga (age) and I thought it was interesting.

Also, I think all of the Hindu gods are incarnations of Brahma.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Is anyone else having trouble with the video? When I click the link I can hear someone speaking but no video or player appears.

Originally posted by Techsnow
1st, why is this in website related forum?

Why shouldn't it?

Website-Related Discussion -[rss]-
General website-related posts that don't fit a particular forum topic.

Please use the complain feature if you believe a thread would fit better in a different forum.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Okay, without getting too far off the topic...
You and I see things similarly.
And, notice that in most of the old stories, we're perpetually in the Kali Yuga.
It's kind of looked at as a moral lesson.
Be the best you can in a degenerate world.
Yes, I believe that all the Hindu gods are extensions of Brahma, as are all things.
This child, she is very special.
How western so many of you sound "oh, this poor kid. not much of a life for her. it's a good thing that western medical science can help her".
That's not a very reassuring attitude (at least from my point of view).
Not to sound abrasive (although, I'm sure it's too late), but there is more to the universe than what western science has been able to "prove".

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If you scroll down there is an embedded WMP. It's very small though.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've seen so many pictures of deformities this kinda thing doesn't freak me out anymore. Heh.

Still pretty interesting though. I hope they can raise the child normally...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

this is of anoter baby born with three arms.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I mentioned Kali, only because she has 4 arms, and is known as the bringer of death

Why always show only the bad side of things? A Western fixation to be sure..

Vishnu...

Shiva

Perhaps this is why all the fuss being made over there?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
does anyone else think that gods with two heads or four arms may derive from people being born with birth defects that could not be explained at the time? Thousands of years ago society was very god fearing and they did not have the ideas of genetics to explain deformeties and oddities. If this child had been born in those times, society would have claimed it was an act of god, whereas now we know it is due to genetic mutation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join