It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Yr Old Asks Teacher For Hug - Gets Suspended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, boys will be boys. This ten-year old boy had previously been reprimanded for calling his teacher "sexy". A month later, he asked her for a hug and instead got a two day suspension.

By BILL HUGHES
THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: November 11, 2006)
PUTNAM VALLEY - A 10-year-old boy was suspended from school for two days this week for asking his homeroom teacher for a hug a month after he was reprimanded for telling her she "looked sexy."

The parents of Putnam Valley Middle School fifth-grader Aaron Perez said they are in the process of hiring an attorney to pursue a civil lawsuit because they believe their son's civil rights were violated by the suspension.

"It was an innocent gesture from him," said his mother, Lira Garcia-Perez. "He doesn't know, if you ask him, 'what does sexy mean?' he says, 'that you're pretty.' "

www.lohud.com.../20061111/NEWS04/611110363/1020/NEWS04

I couldn't find a picture of the teacher, btw.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't blame the teacher or the school one bit. With the glut of teachers assualting students coming to light, the teacher and the school need to be aggressive.

This is speculation, but say the kid gets his hug, goes home and tells mom and dad and then the teacher is up on assualt charges.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
10 years old and he's getting a chubby from realising his teachers a bit hot.....

Damn being a young kids never easy, but in this day and age, they get bombarded with images and TV shows of younger and younger kids being treated more and more adult. The problem is, that they some times have a hard time differentiating between life and a TV show.

Add to this the touchy feely 'needy' culture, all hugs and group talks and therapy, you got a recipe for disaster there and then.

Sure, all 10 year old boys find one teacher at school gives them a fuzzy inside feeling, its natural, but man, telling her is another thing all together...

The teacher should of sat him down, explained some basic facts of life to him, told him he was normal but as an adult and a teacher she was far far off the field in terms of limits.

Setting him straight would of been far far better than making him a social parriah which he will be now - imagine the ribbing he's gonna get from the rest of his school friends......

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
let's not be too paranoid.. he's 10 years old he probably just wanted a kind hug..

edited: however it's not cool of the parents to sue them just for that...

[edit on 15-11-2006 by selfless]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
well i'm glad the parents are sueing, that's just plain garbage. Come on the kid is 10...guys help me on this one, don't u remeber being 10? the first time u started to notice boobs? or other parts of women for that matter? remeber the first time u got a hug from an older woman that u could only describe as "pretty".

come on wtf let the teach give the boy a hug. it's not that big a deal. if anything it will help his self esteem for christ stake. i'm sure it's not easy being 10 and asking someone u have a crush on (specially an older lady) for a hug. just think, the first memory he'll have of having contact with women, would be getting suspended.

u dont know what that'll do to the kids mind...maybe he'll be scared to ask girls for hugs later because he'll remeber he got punished last time. we shouldn't be punishing kids for asking for innocent stuff like this. if anything he should have been rewarded with a full hug.

i hope the parents take that school for all they worth.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Setting him straight would of been far far better than making him a social parriah which he will be now - imagine the ribbing he's gonna get from the rest of his school friends......

I totally agree with this. Who hasn't had a crush on their teacher at one time or another? If he only asked for a hug and then didn't pursue her about it, I'm not sure why he was suspended. Of course we probably don't have the whole story. If he did 'bug her' about it or ask repeatedly or make a big deal of asking in front of the class, I can see why he'd be punished.

I'd have to know the whole scoop before I made a decision either way.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Unless she was a Sex Ed teacher, I don't see why she should be particularly sensitive to his burgeoning sexual urges. In this day and age, 10 year olds know exactly what "sexy" means, but, on the off-chance that he was raised under a rock, it would be the job of his apologist mother to explain it to him.

I don't know if he should have been suspended, though. I also think that's a bit harsh. All he needed was a stern talk from the principal, with his mom there. Having the teacher (the target of his lust) even discuss the topic would have probably made both teacher and student uncomfortable and may have even elicited more 'dirty thoughts' from this child.

OTOH, there is a trend of kids reaching puberty at a much younger age, so maybe that's at play here, in which case schools may have to start Sex Ed a little younger... that is, if the federal government still allows them to teach it at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Omg. If they teacher didn't want to hug him she could say no not just YOUR SUSPENDED.

Wow he is 10 years old. AT 10 years old hugs were the best thing. It's how you showed someone of the opposite gender that you were their friend

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
On a slighly different note (and please don't take this the wrong way) I once called my 5th Grade teacher Mum, and the whole class laughed.

As for sexy teachers, well, it was my year 9 home room teacher, Ms Fox.

How fitting.

As for the poor 10 year old, I hope he's learned the lesson that if you try to approach a woman she will distance herself from you and tell your parents that you're a pervert, too.

She may even go to the papers....

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would have given him a "quick" hug and sent him on his way.

What's this world coming to?

top topics

join