It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many of you carry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
how many of you always carry a camera around all the time I do I have one in the car and i have PDA's with a built in camera Sony clie NZ90

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I always carry my digital camera with me (just in case)!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would carry my Digital Cam with me, but some Fkled-head stole it, so I have to buy another one. I think it's a good idea to carry one with you.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've been looking for a reasonably priced digital camera for quite a while, now. Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
what kind are you looked for

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Always on-hand.
In some cameras (like my Sony DCF-707) there is very convenient 'night shot' feature - you may get picture in almost total darkness (small infrared radiation required anyway).

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
all so alot of sony camera you can rac. movie too that is cool that is what you need also

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't have a digital camera

A question, wouldn't photos taken by a regular film camera be better, since a digital image can be quite easily altered, where as it is harder to alter a negative. So it would be easier to prove that a film image is not a hoax compared to a digital image.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I keep a disposable camera in my car, but I only use it if I see something really extraordinary(which I haven't yet) and not if it's a regular, everyday UFO.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I keep on on my person.. just a small hand held one...
I have a digital cam/video recorder.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I allways keep my digital on me just in case

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I never think of carrying a camera with me, but I should. Thanks for giving me the idea.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Alot of new cell phones have built in cameras.

I have two digital.
One is cheap 3.1 mp which I take with me where ever I go.
The other is a 5 mp which is for more serious photography and cost a bit more, so it stays home most of the time.

Someone suggested that a film camera would be better because of the quality and altering (If we are talking about carying one incase of a sudden need to shoot something spotted).
I agree.
A digital has to be turned on takes longer to shoot the picture.

Digital-
Con's- NEEDS ALOT OF BATTERIES! and they dont last long.
You have to turn on, make sure the settings are correct for the sinuation (night/Day, speed, flash),
plus most of the time, if the lighting is dark or you are in zoom mode, it's easy to end up with a blurry picture.

Pro's- You can see what you just shot.
Alot of filming options.
You can also instantly download the images on to your computer.
Print them out.
Delete as needed.

Film- Lens Cap, focus, shoot, Hope for the best
Unless its a disposable.....Point,shoot.

Both have their pro's and cons, and it's a hard choice but, if time and light are a factor then a film camera is more practicle.

Just My Opinion

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by baked]

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by baked]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I carry a disposable kodak camera in my glove compartment ,with the high resolution 800 speed film with built in flash . not only is it good for those unexpected pesky UFO shots,It doubles as proof in case of a traffic accident .so if there is a dispute you have the crash images at the ready in case of litigation.
this helpful hint brought to you by.........
Park

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hmmm nice, i think i will start carrying a disposable camera in car now as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
is this a CONSUMERISM commercial or wot??

~~

with all the 'security cams' out there, instant communication devices...the universal police/security/haz-mat/EMTs, and all...

the pics that you would provide - of anything - ufo or wreck, would be thrown out of court or not meet the criterion of 'evidence'...

but, if it makes you feel better... a camera would be a must-have device.
~~++~~

as a 'throw-back', purist....all my observations & experiences are 'today' locked in this brain...but...

thru hypnosis, these events can be re-accessed, and in a not too distant future: a processor, brain-computer interface will be accomplished, and whatever your eyes 'seen' during your lifetime...can be 'projected' on a ?plazma screen...for others to see.

right now(since 1997) i've given up toting cameras-->

~~~~

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
that you were gonna ask how many of us carry....GUNS!!
With all the crazies running amuck on this site...I was about to jump in the car and find me some more guns...hehe. Glad to know it's about cameras...my digital camera stays pretty much at home...already got a lot of stuff to tote around...having a two-year old's stuff too makes my backpack a diaper bag too.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i thought it was to do with guns or id cards at first. Anyways i don't carry any sort of camera on me, can't be arsed to

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Im not sure what country you are from Riffraffalunas but yes the pictures taken at the scene of an accident are admisable in court, UFO's of course are another storey

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i just recently bought my new nikon so itll be coming with me more now, especially since im aplying to art school(for photography) no digital here. film for now. i think im one of the dying population that still believes in film, although digital is now pretty much up to speed with the best film you can get.

top topics

join