It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Conservatives- What do you want?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok, this question is for the right-wing of the ATS bird.

So you're in charge of the US, you're the king, the head honcho, whateva. What do you do? What's the country like? How's it run? What's your ideal? Lay it out for us.

I just want to know...what do you want? Be honest and clear.

There's going to be no criticism, no flaming. Not from me at least... Questions, maybe.

We can make a left-leaners thread later. Er...and a centrist, anarchist, and liberarian one if you want. But for now, just the Conservatives/Republicans. *crosses fingers*

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Simple, I'll start by listing some issues, which I think it pretty much what you're looking for and probably add some more later:

- School vouchers (I support)
- Social security. We�re robbing our children and grandchildren. I support voluntary privatization. (Allow me to take MY money and do with it as I please).

(see, conservatives are 'pro-choice' after all, choice of schools, choice of what we do with OUR money. among other issues. So, I think some out there should state they are 'pro-abortion' as opposed to 'pro-choice' - cause that they are not)

- Tort reform (I support). It will help bring down the cost of medical insurance, which has dramatically risen lately, and prevent doctors from closing shop (because they can�t afford their insurance)
- Most importantly, I think we should do away with any and all �open container� laws!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Absolutely 100% everything Bob said (especially the open container part) PLUS

give back the education system to the state and local level - get the federal government out of it COMPLETELY. We know how to teach our kids, and obviously they don't.

Welfare system - completely hand it over to the states. Let each state deal with what the programs will be, and the qualifications for each.

If I think of more later I'll come back..k?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ah good. Nice start. Keep it comin' people.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Bob and Valhall hit the nail on the head. Let us choose what we want to do with our money. One of the things about liberals that surprises me most is that they seemingly support choice while denying us choice to one of the most important things; the money we worked so hard for.

I'd also like to see a far greater state role in things, and a military "lock" budget, so a president like Bush doesn't get accused of overspending on the military when Clinton stole from it in the first place

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Fiscally conservative�
Overall, I guess I don't have a lot of faith in the government. Liberals typically do, as long as they are in control of it. So, I support a leaner government, smaller taxes, no pork, and there are tons of stupid government projects that should be axed. Also, I think PBS, NPR, and the NEA among others should stand on their own. The money is better spent elswhere - (It makes me sick to think NPR gets our money when they have campaign drives every other week, lol)

A wise man once said, THE CLOSEST THING TO ETERNAL LIFE ON EARTH IS A GOVERNMENT AGENCY. Does a government agency ever come out and say they don�t need to exist? OR, do they ever do with less? Of course not. It keeps expanding and expanding and expanding.
And, government employees sometimes are far better off than those in like positions in the private sector.

I also think some of these entitlement programs are awful. Like this prescription benefit that recently passed. Granted, if you've ever been without health care coverage it's a scary, I wish everyone were covered in one-way or another. But, the idea that we just solved THAT problem with a signature and LOTS of money is ridiculous. That�s going to cost us dearly in the long run and not solve much at all. Yeah, it sounds good on a campaign ad though. I think a liberal economist in an oxymoron: You just need to look at Europe, some areas at least, to see where we could be. Do we want to have pension riots because like in France? Should we be financially supporting a group of kids that calls themselves a rock band because their music just might suck and they can�t get a gig, like in Sweden? Some people have predicted France may have a 3rd world economy by 2050 � do we want that here? We simply cannot finance every social program that these idiot politicians propose. Do you trust politicians, regardless of which isle they are on, with YOUR money? I don't.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have a question then,

What do you do with political "dissidents", aka liberals? Do they have a say? In the ideal situation that is...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd do with them what I do with old people. Turn them into Soylent Green.

Of course liberals have a say, our country is founded on free speech. My point is that their say is wrong most of the time

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Look at all the selfishness and greed......

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In a perfect world they'd be shipped to Camp Gitmo, one party system, the works. Of course, I am kidding.

NOW, I think in todays world, we need a fiscal conservative. In 10 years from now that could change. I used to be a staunch member of the DNC, lol. Coming from 'political' family I was always around dems, at rallies, making campaign signs, at the picnics. etc. This, when I was younger. I'd say about 10 years ago I took a great interest in 'conservatism' - odd for someone my age then. I guess I got tired of hearing the same old crap. Their hatred towards Reagan was baseless. No one could really tell me WHY they disliked this man so much. So, I guess they drove me towards the GOP.

Still today I see a lot of hyperbole coming out of THAT party, which has been taken over by special interest groups, imho. Example, The Patriot Act. I'd like to see it go away too. BUT, it was drafted by Clinton/Gore. WHY does it get librarians' panties in such a twist? That's the propoganda. With the patriot act, the feds need a warrant to obtain library information. Before the Patriot Act, the feds need a warrant to search library records. No difference, just propoganda. NOW - what worries me is the DCMA. Under that, a record company can go into a court, walk up to the window and get a signature by a clerk and that's in effect a warrant. No judge needs to review it. Just the clerk. HUGE privacy concern yet the 'left' is supported by the entertainment industry.

I've said before I'd like to see a stong Dem party. I think that makes the GOP better. It's better for the country. There ARE some decent dems out there like Lieberman, Zell Miller, and of course, Jimmy Traficant!! (free Jim!) - I think Clinton needs to give the part back to real democrats like those guys!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What does this conservative want? How would he have it?
Okay, I'll tell you. It'd be simple, all I'd have to do is go back in time and stop Lincoln from being assasinated. Allow him to live so tha the could have recinded martial law, restored the republic, and kept the nation on track as the forefathers intended.
You want to know how I want it? I don't have to write a bunch of stuff, all you have to do is read some stuff. Start with the constitution, followed by the Federalist Papers, and then the Bill of Rights. That should give you a good understanding of how I want it and how woefully far we've gotten from it.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Example, The Patriot Act. I'd like to see it go away too. BUT, it was drafted by Clinton/Gore. WHY does it get librarians' panties in such a twist? That's the propoganda. With the patriot act, the feds need a warrant to obtain library information. Before the Patriot Act, the feds need a warrant to search library records. No difference, just propoganda. NOW - what worries me is the DCMA.

I'm actually getting my Masters in Library and Info Science right now, and trust me, we all don't wear panties. I'm not going to go on a ranting, but I'll say librarians do have a legitimate reason for opposing the Patriot Act and other bills like CIPA (which was drafted during the Clinton admin). The free flow of information is one of our most important principles. Oh, and despite the sterotype, I haven't met a conservative librarian yet....I love it.

For the ALAs stance on the Patriot Act go to www.ala.org...

Anyway....do continue. I know there's a s-load more of you out there...chime in. Springer? JediM?

[Edited on 11/13/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Panties or not, what an exellent job! I envy you, being surrounded by books all day long!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have no beef with librarians - don't get me wrong.

Flinx, thanks for the ALA link, seriously. BUT, what's YOUR position though?

And, there's really a simple solution, though not totally viable, but why dont they stop keeping track of the books? Lend them out w/ out recording who signed out what. leave it up the borrowers honesty to bring it back, and on time of course. I mean, is there a law requiring a library to record such information? Is there consequences for breaking such laws?

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I agree, as a bookworm that sounds like a great, relaxing job. Imagine the knowledge you could obtain.

But I do agree with TC, we have strayed from the original constitution, after all it was originally a Republican form of government that was to be drafted.

Liberals, I believe, are a bunch of loudmouths with little real thinking to back them up. Republicans have our share, (rush I luv ya but ya gotta know when to stop!) but liberals seem to be made up of a bunch of fat, unwashed, gushing faucets of impotent rage who get credit for being a "rebel" when in actuality they follow the status quo the media puts on. Michael Moore and Al Franken apply here. They all seem to have an instictual hatred for any conservative leader, and degrade their targets' intelligence by making their points loud, one word statements.

Maybe my soylent green statement was a good idea...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
nd Colonel, I rememebr you posting on how you give money to the homeless guy on the street, but if you were really devoid of the greed you accuse of us, sell your possessions and donate the proceeds! Prove once and for all how hardcore liberal you really are.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Do we have to be right wing, republican conservatives to have dreams for this country?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
Do we have to be right wing, republican conservatives to have dreams for this country?

Uh, no. I said I wanted to know what conservatives wanted for the this county in this thread. We can make other threads for other political beliefs.
I just wanted to try to understand where conservs. are coming from....the hatred and anger wasn't doing it for me. I want to try another approach. Besides it's very easy to stay angry all the time...seeing as how conservatives seem to control everything at this point in history. :shk:

As for the Librarian thing, I'll talk about my views on the Patriot Act later, I'm a bit too buzzed to be elaborative...

I can say that if you are a librarian and are motivated enough, you have the opportunity to learn ALOT about EVERYTHING. You have access to tons of information. Good for someone's who's interested in government secrets, UFOs, coverups etc..

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect

no, you don't. But, in order to be patriotic you do.
(im joking, im joking!!
)

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I agree, as a bookworm that sounds like a great, relaxing job. Imagine the knowledge you could obtain.

But I do agree with TC, we have strayed from the original constitution, after all it was originally a Republican form of government that was to be drafted.

Liberals, I believe, are a bunch of loudmouths with little real thinking to back them up. Republicans have our share, (rush I luv ya but ya gotta know when to stop!) but liberals seem to be made up of a bunch of fat, unwashed, gushing faucets of impotent rage who get credit for being a "rebel" when in actuality they follow the status quo the media puts on. Michael Moore and Al Franken apply here. They all seem to have an instictual hatred for any conservative leader, and degrade their targets' intelligence by making their points loud, one word statements.

Maybe my soylent green statement was a good idea...

Ya know, you're so full of #.

Liberals are a bunch of loudmouths? RUSH LIMBAUGH THE DRUGGIE AND THE HOMOPHOBE, MICHAEL SAVAGE, ARE THE BIGGEST LOUDMOUTHS IN THE INDUSTRY!

'Strayed for the original Constitution." HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE CONSTITUTION? HAVE YOU EVER STUDIED IT????

No? I didn't thinks so.

And on this: "Michael Moore and Al Franken apply here. They all seem to have an instictual hatred for any conservative leader"

ITS BECAUSE WE HATE LIARS! WE HATE BEING LIED TO DAY BY DAY BY DAY

In their books, they have pointed out EVERY lie of the repugnant withthe truth and documented it with facts. Just as I do hewre. We are sick of your elitism, your faux moral superiority, and your comfortable lying.

Your killing this country and everyone on the planet can see it.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Colonel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join