It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Time is running out . . .

page: 1

log in


posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:56 PM
I am posting because I am hopeing someone will give me some solid advice. I know of a family that is about to be broken up because the husband is not a citizen of the US. I have grown close to this family. They are honest and VERY hard working people, and very loving people. The wife is very sick, and would possibly die without her husband there with her. This has been on my soul since I learned of it a couple of days ago.

There is **much** more to the story but in essence I want to get him a temporary workers visa, or something similar that will allow him to legally stay here, even if it is temporarily. This is in California and I know nothing of the legalization process, except that it can be littered with red-tape. My hope and prayer is that someone here knows something that can help me cut that red tape pretty quickly so that I can help them. Any constructive ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:18 AM
You can become a citizen if you meet the following requirements: have been a legal permanent resident for five years, or three years if you are married to a U.S. citizen have lived in the U.S. for at least 2-1/2 years (50%) of the five year period, or 1-1/2 years (50%) if you are married to a citizen have lived for more than three months in the state where you apply for citizenship are 18 years or older have good moral character

if he is married to a citizen he can not be forced to leave! ^
have him apply for citizenship soon..

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:25 AM
I thought that you became a US citizen as soon as you crossed the border.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:56 AM
Thank you for the info. Is there a way to make the process go quicker? The other part of the story is that he has family in Mexico, and they are in very poor health too. He would like to visit with them, but is afraid that he won't be let back in.

Also it sounds like he's applied, but they'd giving him problems because he had a couple of moving violations here in America (while still not a citizen obviously). Evidently he's been told (I don't know which agency told him this) that for those priors to be forgiven, he needs to leave the country for a few years. Once he's done that he can re-apply for citizenship. Well if he leaves, and he tries to get back in, but they don't let him, how would he go about that? Also, he can't be hanging around in Mexico for that long. Surely there is a quicker way.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:59 AM
the first thing to try is does he have any american kids and if he is married in america. give them a merrage certificate and any info on the kids..
if he is not married in US. get him married!

its worth a shot.
take one step at a time.
its all i can think of.

top topics

log in