It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Reality: Why Blame Only The Government? Blame our Mindset!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Are UFO’s a reality? Must be, considering the loads of evidence.

But the biggest proof is that millions of dollars are spent every year by air force units around the world from every advanced nation to intercept these aerial interlopers. Countries do not spend that kind of money chasing Venus, 'heat inversions' ‘swamp gas’ or entertaining myths.

Now if UFOs are a reality, then why are we so skeptical about the anomalous structures on the Moon and Mars? And objects orbiting the sun and the rings of Saturn?

Why are we so paranoid against believing that there are other civilizations in our galaxy, some eons ahead of us in technology?

In other words what’s the big deal in believing? Yes, the governments are trying to smother the truth due to reasons we all know. But I don’t see any logical arguments from some skeptic ATSers as to why they believe that all this UFO business is gas and therefore any anomaly found in the Solar System is nothing but 'natural phenomena'.

So in other words, the skeptics here are falling lock, stock and barrel for those lame duck official explanations – Venus, swamp gas, radar glitches, dust on the lenses, CCD malfunctions, natural geological formations, and hundreds of such dim-witted explanations. It seems the governments are achieving their aim of massive deception, satisfied at having made more suckers by the minute.

And then, most of all, we’ve been conditioned from childhood through stereotyped education and religious beliefs that there is and can be no one else in this universe except us humans. And that all planetary bodies and moons are nothing but lifeless objects and the stars are just there to light up the heavens for our entertainment. With more of this childhood conditioning, one becomes more of a skeptic! And getting out of this straitjacket isn’t easy!

I’m not contending that we believe everything but to have an open mind, start attempting out-of-box answers, and denying ignorance so that we, the people, can finally get at the truth.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Why are we so paranoid against believing that there are other civilizations in our galaxy, some eons ahead of us in technology?

in a word: FEAR

but what is in a word?
a bunch of cells throughout each human saying:
"Look I Fear"

but, "u" also makes a "oo" sound.
"Luk I Fear"

but, "c" also makes a "k" sound.
"Luc I Fear"

but, i hear no "a" sound in "fear".
"Luc i fer"

But, then again every messenger from the heavens throughout cultures around the world in the dawn of civilizations started every message with "Be not afraid".

but, what did they know. i mean it means nothing, right? just words from long ago imaginations, right?

but, what is in a word?
maybe, just maybe: the "ANTS SIR" is the answer.

but, if that were the case, then at some point in the future the meek little ants would have to have an inheritance that included the earth.

but, if that were true then there would have to be some kind of pact in order for them to traverse through time after they evolved. some kind of "COVEN ANT" perhaps otherwise known as a covenant.

perhaps, just perhaps they want us to
"excell ants" towards excellence? uhh, propelant to propel ant?

just some thoughts, just some words, right?

And then, most of all, we’ve been conditioned from childhood through stereotyped education and religious beliefs that there is and can be no one else in this universe except us humans. And that all planetary bodies and moons are nothing but lifeless objects and the stars are just there to light up the heavens for our entertainment. With more of this childhood conditioning, one becomes more of a skeptic! And getting out of this straitjacket isn’t easy!

True. and once you are out of it, you see that very few others can even comprehend what it is you are attempting to convey.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Are UFO’s a reality? Must be, considering the loads of evidence.

But the biggest proof is that millions of dollars are spent every year by air force units around the world from every advanced nation to intercept these aerial interlopers. Countries do not spend that kind of money chasing Venus, 'heat inversions' ‘swamp gas’ or entertaining myths.

That would be the citizens of said countries ultimately spending that money* Where do you get your info on this? I am not well informed on the topic, but I have never heard of a military "Ufo defense" program

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Good post! It has more than been proved beyond reasonable doubt that UFOs are real.
The problem with UFO cynics is ,without realising it ,they have been conditioned and indoctrinated by the media to equate UFO with NUT.
An awful lot of them are scared of mockery/ afraid of ridicule
The hysterically cynical bias and the wilfull ignorance of facts regarding this phenomena are indicative of a lazy prejudice and a complete lack of objectivity /impartiality.
UFO cynics would do well to follow the scientific principle of arriving at judgements AFTER dispassionately examining evidence.
Pouring scorn and derision onto this subject is a defense mechanism for weak,closed ,dismissive minds.
I am aware of a concerted effort in the media to belittle this subject and maybe these UFO cynics are,through their pychological make up,very easy to manipulate and brainwash into thinking 'ufos are nonsense'
By far the most telling sign of a UFO cynic is the non scientific assumption made:
"I do not beleive in UFOs ,therefore UFOs do not exist"(how objective!)
Narrow,cynical minds that refuse to accept evidence for this subject are being unwise and immature as if a person looks into this topic impartialy there is quite enough scientific and circumstantial evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that subject has its basis in reality.
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
When UFO's are reported on the news they always seem to make light of it and joke but I will say there have been a few times where I have seen them getting more serious. Unfortunately it wasn't in the USA.

I think some people just get the thrill of being skeptic and starting trouble. I know when I first started writing about what I know people put me down, called me names but I will no longer allow people to make me feel this way.

Many people have pieces to the puzzle.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If people call you names and such; just call them out.. Most likely they wont be able to debate the UFO issue other what they already made there mind up to be withouteven doing some basic research. After you've pointed this out, then is where you tell them to shut the **** up next time someones talking about a issue that they don't know jack **** about.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

we’ve been conditioned from childhood through stereotyped education and religious beliefs that there is and can be no one else in this universe except us humans. And that all planetary bodies and moons are nothing but lifeless objects and the stars are just there to light up the heavens for our entertainment.
I feel the same way !!
ppl up here are like that to !! Come on imagine Earth being the only place in a universe to big to measure that holds life! ROFL, come on be serious for once! Look at those things Drake said ! i find ppl who think we are alone : egoistic
i say either life is extremly rare or very common. But 2 say its unique to earth? And for the religious ppl : Come on do u guys really believe that ur God , would have created earth as the only place who could hold life? Maybe he made tons of mistakes and all the other galaxy's clusters anything around us are errors?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Dig that ! couldnt agree more! People who mock UFOs are completely incapable of sustaing and informed and balanced discussion on this subject and are just hopelessly prejudice and ignorant.
A lot of them are terrified of ridicule so cover it up with crap one liners ,(even though deep down they are aware that radar evidence is scientfic)
They are usualy complete gimps too!
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OK, guys,

Don't you wonder why NO so called skeptic has come forward to counter what has been said so far on this thread? Chickened out? No valid arguments trashing UFOs, aliens, life on other planets? Where are they? Hiding behind mommy's petticoat??

So, what does it mean? As Karl mentioned,

A lot of them are terrified of ridicule so cover it up with crap one liners..
and what Observe observed,

I think some people just get the thrill of being skeptic and starting trouble.

The bottom line is that the skeptics have NO valid arguments to support their misconceptions!! All they want is 'PROOF' in black and white. But most of these guys believe in God, Right? Do they have 'proof'? No. So why the different yardstick?

new topics

top topics

join