It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High SChool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i cant wait for it to be over only a couple more months, i mean it has been embarassing for me ever since 9th grade..social anxiety and other LDs. Lunch time is the worst i mean i have freinds but people take over seats alot and sometimes even if there is room i feel like i am just not gonna be wanted so i just leave and hang out at other places in the school...sometimes i just hate it when people show me up, i mean some kids really try to mess with me then act all cool about it. I swear sometimes i just wanna beat the SHitz out of some kids.

What were your high school experinces and how are you doing today?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
HI..

I was very very shy in high school. This was in the late 80's.

I had a handfull of friends, we were all from the same "social class" - lower middle class.. I wasn't a jock, not a "prep", I was myself. I didn't try to dress like the others, jeans and t-shirts mainly. Didn't join any clubs.

I considered myself the "average" student, wasn't heavy, too skinny, ugly etc. I had girlfriends, but they always attended different schools. I did sometimes feel akward towards some other people, the "rich kids" mainly. I didn't study nearly enough, c average, sometimes a B. Stayed out of trouble.

I was there to get my diploma and get out. Boy did I make a mistake.

I wish I could go back. I honestly do.

I'd be more outgoing, play sports, join the clubs... I'd do it all. Most importantly, I would study harder and try to learn more.

After high school, I came out of me shyness, I'd talk to girls and people in general, I don't know what happened to change that, other than I figured, I better talk to people to keep learning and get ahead in life.

I'm 36 now, I consider myself as doing well, but can always do better.
I'm married ( 2nd one ) I have a beautiful daughter from the first marriage.
I love my wife, she lvoes me, we just purchased our first home. We drive new cars and can afford to live a little from time to time.

We have decent jobs, the money is good, but not great. We have some debt, but it's not out of control.

I didn't go to college, she did and earned her degree... I actually make more money than she does.....but shhhh I'm not supposed to talk about that.

I would say, go to school and make the most of every day, learn everything that you can, especially Math and English.

Hope my story helps, inspires you. Good Luck.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
feel like i am just not gonna be wanted so i just leave and hang out at other places in the school

Guess what, high school is a microcosm for the rest of life, so gets used to it!
You're going to have to find some way to cope with your problems doode!

I swear sometimes i just wanna beat the SHitz out of some kids.

Thats a sign of not being able to cope.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My school experience wasn't too bad. I didn't have a social 'standing', I was just 'the funny guy' that no-one seemed to mind.

I had plenty of friends, as well as some enemies. But then who doesn't?

Think of it as this, you have nothing to prove to anyone, so be yourself, ignore those who don't like you, make those who do laugh.

If all fails, hide in a wheely bin and scare the crap out of people. Trust me, it works! :wink:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I got along fine with people in high school. I enjoyed the social scene, but despised school itself. It wasn't until a few days before graduation that I finally understood how much I actually appreciated it.

High school is a very small part of life. Some things do change, but others don't.

The trick is to not let opinions of others count for so much. They obviously do not know who you are, so why does it matter what they think of you? Sure it doesn't feel good, but their assumptions are based on what? Not fitting the norm?

Do what you gotta do and make the best of it.

Not everyone in high school wanted to be the jock, or the cheerleader. The jocks and cheerleaders just don't realize that. Those are two huge stereotypes that are not really fair either, but what in life is fair?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
oh they no who i am, and i friends with most people...i just feel like their real jurks and i dont really fit in.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
atsguy...don't try to blend in if you think they are jerks. Just bide your time until you leave. People who need to make others feel inferior are the ones with the problem. They are actually threatened by you...maybe you could ponder a while on this to discover why? At the end of the day the reason does not justify the bad behaviour, but it may serve you to understand yourself a little more and help you to cope.

My 2 youngest sons were both physicallly, psychologically and verbally abused in high school and I had to seek intensive counselling for them. They have left school now and are very strong individuals (yeah they are very INDIVIDUAL) this I believe is why they suffered horribly in the first place. I had a nervous breakdown because I felt I had failed as a mother to protect them...

My advice (it is not worth much but I hope it helps) is to keep as low a profile as possible especially if you will be leaving soon. Good luck atsguy.

In Peace Always
resi

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
HS?

damn I hardly went haha.

my beef was with teachers and a few principals tho. . .

and uhh screw trying to fit in i say

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
oh God Today was the last day before a week off break. I have asked my friends and strangers, and they knew my name, because I am infamously known as the Gay kid. I give hugs to at least twenty people every morning. If you are dealing with stress, but a firearm, and let your anger out at the range. espescially if your target is a yearbook picture.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Highschool's only a small part of your life. Some of the most successful people from my class got called nerds and got picked on in school.

You will be amazed one day at the changes that you see in people you used to know in highschool.

The ones who are "on top" right now will probably one day be the ones on "the bottom". Especially if they keep on with their snotty attitudes.

You don't have to get "pay back. Life itself will more than likely take care of them because "what comes around goes around".

Trust me I've seen it happen. Just wait and see one day.

top topics

join