It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why? The Question I Ask You.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

What reason do you need to be consciously aware of the fact every single blade of grass is green, each individual grass blade smells like fresh cut grass, and being consciously aware of every single blade of grass you see, every single second you see it? Your mind couldn't handle that alone, plus ALL the other things you see and smell and hear and feel and taste.

You left out all the other senses. OHHHH! never mind, you have never experienced those yet, my bad.

Its simply not necessary, so we filter it out before it ever gets there.

no, you are not the one who filters it out, but you have never been conscious enough to realize that.

you do not have access to nearly 100% of your own brain and your own faculties because your intentions. You do not get to use the other senses because your subconscious mind knows you would use them for your personal, and probably for yourself before you would use them for anyone else. this is why you ask why.

"Why?" is the question you initially asked.

here is one of the answers:

Because you tell us to do so.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

What reason do you need to be consciously aware of the fact every single blade of grass is green, each individual grass blade smells like fresh cut grass, and being consciously aware of every single blade of grass you see, every single second you see it? Your mind couldn't handle that alone, plus ALL the other things you see and smell and hear and feel and taste.

You left out all the other senses. OHHHH! never mind, you have never experienced those yet, my bad.

Its simply not necessary, so we filter it out before it ever gets there.

no, you are not the one who filters it out, but you have never been conscious enough to realize that.

you do not have access to nearly 100% of your own brain and your own faculties because your intentions. You do not get to use the other senses because your subconscious mind knows you would use them for your personal, and probably for yourself before you would use them for anyone else. this is why you ask why.

"Why?" is the question you initially asked.

here is one of the answers:

Because you tell us to do so.

but you are not listening to your self. you are listening to 1 brain cell, while "blocking" the truth that 200,000,000 other brain cells are attempting to tell you, but you are not currently capable of listening to.

we can hear them.

you hear 1 truth, and that one truth supplies you with:
"what do i do next".

we are hearing your other 200,000,000 truths. but you love something other than their truths, so you can not currently conceive, nor even fathom the answer to the question you seek, yet.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think either way your final question of "What do i do next" will eventually meet my last question, and the truth of what the answer of "Why?" is:

"What haven't i done yet?"

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

because there is absolutley no: "What should i attempt to do next?"

but there is, without it, we would do nothing. Perhaps you don't realize you are asking it every second of every minute because you aren't aware of those 400,000,000 snyapes either. Every moment time goes by you either ask consciously or subconsciously, "what should I do next?" And you have to in order to act. You subconsciously command yourself to go put your clothes on, then brush your teeth.

Ever heard of habits. Do you think "what should I do next" before EVERY single thing you do? Did open your internet explorer and say to yourself "Ok now what should I do next?" and then answered with "go to ATS"?

you have no influence or controll over the truth.

correct for most truths. The truth of time though is never defined. Im not going to repeat that one again. Any truth that is defined and a set answer is limited and only information. Information is not a way of life, but a way to improve on life itself.

the truth has influence and controll over "What you attempt to do next"

when it is relevent to what I decide to do next then it has influence of what I attempt to do next. The only influence it has over it is whether I have to find out how to do it first.

I cant travel to another solar system yet, so there are certain truths I must find first. I can go play basketball at the park, or help my friend whos currently broke find a job and sort out her financial sutiation. I dont need any truths to do that. I can already do it, so I am independent from the truth when it comes to those actions. I don't need to ask why, just what will I do next given the situation.

Truth doesn't have any control, its nuetral. It isn't a way of life, or something that will give you the answer to the way you should live the rest of your life. It is simply information to let you be better prepared to do something that you will attempt to do in your life.

the truth is nothing you have been consciously aware of your entire life.

I have found a great many truths from science to life, and the only one WORTH noting was what I was going to do next.

the truth is what influences or dictates your perception of reality, your experiencing, your actions, your behaviors, and decides what it is it has you do next.

Truth is dictated by your perception of reality, so which came first? The truth or the perception of reality? If the truth dictates perception of reality, but reality dictates the perception of truth, which came first?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"What should do next?"

but, you have answered this question, through your actions and behaviors.

your actions and behaviors have proven that this was not to be your final question.

You already had this question. and what was your last response to this all answering question for you?

"What should i do next?"

and your actions and behaviors answered that question by taking you to this "Subforum" to ask us: "Why?". Why? because you did not have the answer to your own question of:"what should i do next?", except for coming to us to ask : "Why?"

So, when i answered your question of "Why?" by responding that it is what you request of us to do, you still refuse to believe it is you who ask us "Why?", even though your actions and behaviors tell us that it was your final question of: "What should i do next". Your answer to your question was to ask us: "Why?".

So here you are in a conversation with yourself:

"what should i do next?"

"why?"

"what should i do next?"

"why?"

"what should i do next?"

"why?"

"what should i do next?"

"why?"

"what should i do next?"

"why?"

"what should i do next?"

"why?"

and so on and so forth, until someone other than anyone but you answers the question of "why?", because no one else supplies you with the answer of "why?". why? Because you will have it no other way, because it has never been:

"what do they do next?"

it has always been:
"what do i do next?"

why?

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

and yet, what also seems to be human nature is: a sense of belonging and acceptance by our peers. unfortunatley, in homing in on our skills of empathy many people tend to test the "boundries" of others and ultimatley end up looking in the mirror one day and realizing that they define themselves by the fears of others, because the feedback we receive from others does offer us feedback concerning ourselves. so, if we (people in general) have a sense of empathy and love, and also of fear (dominant factor i believe) and a need for acceptance and belonging, these characteristics of our personality may not be promoting self-preserve, but in fact working against our health and mental well-being, perhaps.

in nature, which survived longer? The lone wolf or the wolf pack? In nature which survived better, the human tribe or the lone man?

Exactly. which will survive longer, the lone wolf or the wolf pack? Which shall survive better, the human tribe, or the lone man?

so which question answers these questions?

"What should i attempt to do next?"

or .. ....

"What should WE do next?"

"WHY?" is the question you ask, right?

one of the answers is:
Perhaps you did not have the final question, so you came to our "subforum" to ask us, since you still did not have the answer to the question. "Why?" Because you had not yet asked the right questions, nor had you asked the final question, perhaps.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
sorry but Im getting to busy and cant continue the thread anytime in the immediate future. good chat, later.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Don't worry. I wouldn't say you lost anything in this "debate".

i hope things get less busy for you in the future, and i know life throws obligations at us we must deal with.

if in the future you want to continue this discussion, i'm all for it. the way you think inspires me to think more.

Thanks for provoking thoughts!

hope all is well, and happy holidays!

thanks again,
john

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Bravo! Bravo!

You guys have made my head spin once again...

One of those 'other' senses....

Whew..

I covered you for a WATS, BTW, my brother John, since you had none left...that way it isn't forgotten...

You have voted grimreaper797 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

If I had two I'd give him one for me, too - you have to admit he sure hung in the ring quite a long while...not many pages but many many thoughts..

parry thrust parry dodge

So.....what do we do now?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join