It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy 12 Need Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hi, i was wondering if anyone here can help me figure out how to use the new battle system on FF12.

it's really confusing and it's getting me annoyed. UGHHH! why did they have to do away with the old battle system!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So I guess you are just starting it, but let me ask you a question that no one responded to in another FF12 thread. What other FF game is it most like?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, i have never played a final fantasy quite like this one.

I have played FF7,FF8,FF tactics,And FF 10.

It is way different than any of these.

I think you will be in for quite a surprise when you play this one, especially with the new battle system.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What's so hard? Hit x, target something, and choose your action. Whether it is cure on an ally or attack on an enemy. You just walk around and attack, or avoid if you want.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
So I guess you are just starting it, but let me ask you a question that no one responded to in another FF12 thread. What other FF game is it most like?

I havn't played it but from looking at the previews, it's not like any other before it, the only similarities between this and another FF is the X one, though the Skill Board in this is much more flexible then what FFX had.

I can't play FF anymore. After having played every FF since the original(minus the MMO) I am all Final Fantasied out for the next decade. I might pick it up again then cuz knowing Square, it'll still be around.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I havn't played it but from looking at the previews, it's not like any other before it, the only similarities between this and another FF is the X one, though the Skill Board in this is much more flexible then what FFX had.

I can't play FF anymore. After having played every FF since the original(minus the MMO) I am all Final Fantasied out for the next decade. I might pick it up again then cuz knowing Square, it'll still be around.

How can you get Final Fantasied? Each one, except FFX and FFX-2, and now FFVII and FFVII DOC are not tied together. I can understand being Marioed out, or Resident Eviled out, but to be FF out would be like, hmmm, can't think of any other game like the FF series.

But yes, it is unlike any other, why I didn't answer, because I couldn't think of anything like it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Play Baldur's Gate 2 and call me in 2 months. Play Fallout 2 after that. Knights of the Old Republic. Those are Role Playing Games. Not Linear Turn Based Slug Fests interspersed with copious amounts of pretty CGI. Call me when they've come into the 21st century and do a 1st/3rd person perspective RPG in the same vein as Oblivion and Gothic III. I'd love to see the effort on their part. Perhaps I might get to play an open ended RPG that isn't horribly bug ridden for a change.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
humbleone, you got to set up gambits for your partymembers, you can do that from the menu and you can buy different gambits in the store

so for instance if you have a magician and you want him to heal you when your HP drops under 50% you set up one of his gambits to

ally HP

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
humbleone, you got to set up gambits for your partymembers, you can do that from the menu and you can buy different gambits in the store

so for instance if you have a magician and you want him to heal you when your HP drops under 50% you set up one of his gambits to

ally HP

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i havent played a FF game since no.7 to tell you the truth, but i like much about this one
the architecture and movies are awesome for me, the dungeon parts i find kinda boring
the main character is too girly looking, ah those japanese

I dont remember judge ghis, i am currently in a tomb in the middle of the desert looking for some treasure, the boss is friggin hard

licence board is nice also, now that you reminded me i have to powerup my characters

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
i havent played a FF game since no.7 to tell you the truth, but i like much about this one
the architecture and movies are awesome for me, the dungeon parts i find kinda boring
the main character is too girly looking, ah those japanese

I dont remember judge ghis, i am currently in a tomb in the middle of the desert looking for some treasure, the boss is friggin hard

licence board is nice also, now that you reminded me i have to powerup my characters

Ha Ha, i agree, whats up with those japanese and their fetish for girly looking white men.

top topics

join