It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Seeded by aliens? Red Rain... (from the BBC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In July 2001 red rain fell over a large area of southern India.
The explanation was that it was sand from the desert in Arabia that had blown over.

However one scientist, Dr. Godfrey Louis, took a look and discovered tiny biological cells present, which was absent of DNA...the essential component for life on earth.

This convinced him it was an alien life form.

(interesting enough the locals thought it was a sign of the end times)

His theory has not been totally rejected as it ties into a theory promoted by 2 U.K. scientist since the 1960's.

The article concludes with:

It also raises the intriguing possibility that if life first originated on another planet then it must mean all Earth organisms, including humans, evolved from alien life.

More information at:

BBC NEWS

Peace

Dalen

Im curious why this is front page news on the BBC if it happened in 2001?

[edit on 14-11-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The BBC Programme Horizon being aired tonight; Tue 14th Nov 2006 is all about this subject.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Will be sure to watch programme and discuss findings and ideas at a later date.

MR

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That would have been nice to see. The only english channel I get is the BBC News, not prime, so I guess I will miss it.

Also, it appears this was already posted in Science & TEch, so here is the link to the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well my thread can be used to discuss the science and the program, this can be used to discuss the possibility that it is a deliberate seed by intelligent beings.

I think I speculated somewhere before, or perhaps saw it on a film, that if as a race you did not have the capacity to leave your own system that was dying, surely you would want to propogate your own 'seed'.....

If for instance the sun was about to blow up now, we would not have the capacity as it stands to ship living humans over the galaxy searching for other stars with habitable planets. We could however construct something smaller that could contain DNA possibly that might then allow the seeding of a new planet......

obviously just cells with our DNA would not just grow into new humans, but maybe in a few years something can be encoded in a way there is a chance that some part of the human race continues.

Actually thinking about it I think I saw this on a brill episode of Star Trek where Humans Klingons and Romulans all met there original seeder, realising that they were all from the same people....that was an ace episode.

[edit on 14/11/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
I think I speculated somewhere before, or perhaps saw it on a film, that if as a race you did not have the capacity to leave your own system that was dying, surely you would want to propogate your own 'seed'.....

It was definately interesting when I read the thread.
The first thing that popped in mind was the movie Mission to Mars.
At the end you find out that earth was seeded by aliens.
(of course this is actually about "aliens" attaching themselves to comments and arriving to earth that way. Was it sent by other alien life forms, which would seem more advanced then the "Red rain"? Who knows.)

It makes you wonder, knowing that these are potentially "alien life forms", how diverse our planet possibly is...the origins of various forms of life, potentially traversing space and then crossbreeding with other biological organisms. (yes, we are not talking of aliens with big eyes, etc. and more along the lines of what some may deem as insignificant, that is when compared to the typical alien discussed...)
None the less, this is quite intriguing indeed as to what it may imply.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is all very interesting and I've spent most of this afternoon looking into it.

Perhaps, life on Earth did in fact evolve from Alien organisms which entered the atmosphere by debris from a passing comet.

However, (this is just a theory I thought up to throw into the discussion) maybe a distant Alien civilisation, due to some sort of impending cataclysm - eg Giant Space Goat, engineered some cells and piggybacked them to Earth.

Perhaps their planet contained all that we have on Earth today and these cells were blueprints for all life on earth - not just humans. Maybe they even had Elephants! What Im suggesting is that they used the comet as some sort of Ark (think Biblical catastrophes here) as they themselves weren't advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel.

This theory ofcourse brings us back to square one though - in the sense that we still aren't anywhere nearer to finding out where life actually came from (even if it's alien life).

[edit on 15-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

[edit on 15-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hahaha yeah I never thought of that - if someone sent the seeds to our system somehow, then where did they come from?

Perhaps there is just life that formed out in space? If there are organic chemicals out there then there seems no reason why not.

I mentioned a Star Trek episode earlier where we meet our 'Seeded', another one springs to mind now you have mentioned that, called 'Tinman' I think, this massive organism that existed purely in space.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by morgansolutions
Perhaps their planet contained all that we have on Earth today and these cells were blueprints for all life on earth - not just humans. Maybe they even had Elephants! What Im suggesting is that they used the comet as some sort of Ark (think Biblical catastrophes here) as they themselves weren't advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel.

Evolution says that'd be pretty hard. Every animal on Earth today is the result of different animals, including humans.

If they have seeded Earth, then they lost control over it the second it happened. So it doesnt really matter if it happened that way or not, one cant trace it.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
If they have seeded Earth, then they lost control over it the second it happened. So it doesnt really matter if it happened that way or not, one cant trace it.

I actually like the alien Noah ark concept.
Noah taking sample DNA fits better than putting a bunch of big stinky elephants, etc on board.
Now how or if that fits with this particular theory, I dont know.

But I will say, that if these are alien life forms, and we can be stuck with our terms somtimes...then perhaps these life forms are independent as the text hints at, and it hitched a ride itself on the comment. Yes its that intelligent.

Look at all the small creatures that attach itself to wales and live off of it, or bacteria that thrive in our bodies, et. Small things we never think about, and never really consider intelligent...out of site out of mind. So they, in a since, are space travellers.

Does it mean they dont evolve? By no means.
Does it rule out the other theories? Well, I didnt get to watch the broadcast, so I didnt get to hear more on the story, so I dont know.

But it is exciting times, when we can breeze the interet and have access to information.

One may aruge if the information isnt a bit much, as there is so much to weed through, and think about. On the contary, all the better. With patience, the journey begins as we can explore and share together to find out about this wonderful universe we live in.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I believe the guy i think that the red rain could have held E.T life. i cant believe that people thought it was bat blood i mean people have the right to not believe the E.T theory but that just dosent add up like they said on the show wheres the bat remains?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You know this find is truly fascinating, perhaps just PERHAPS these biological cells are from the critters that appear on sensitive cameras?! I'm surprised no one brings up rods or critters phenomena more often but me. I think I found what and where these things came from! The skys, from space, the critters that are kept secret from our government and space program.

backup my claims? You sure have not kept up with Aliens heh.
There is video, and photographic evidense.

Thank you, thank you
and everyone's taking forever to reply

Got to go to work, I shall return.

7Ayreon

[edit on 15-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oooh Psssshhhhhhh (blows tire) No one commented !!! I was soo looking forward to a congrats on my talented theory >_>

You know what, I can't even find rods and critters on Google itself! NO WHERE! See what I mean, it's a popular cover up. And it's working

new topics

top topics

join