It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no Israel - Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Palestinians do not know believe in any state called Israel.

Their government, Hamas, said they will never
recognise that the state of Israel exists.

They have so far refused to accept that there is such a country called Israel.

Their claim is that Israel was illegitimately
established and, therefore, does not exit.

There is no Israel.

That means war.

Jews and Arabs cannot live in peace.

BBC

Last Updated: Tuesday, 14 November 2006, 13:58 GMT

Hamas: No recognition of Israel

A future Palestinian national unity government will not agree to demands that it recognise Israel, the ruling Hamas faction has said.

A new government would also refuse to accept a two-state solution in the region, Hamas officials said.

The demand that Hamas renounce violence and recognise Israel are at the heart of a dispute with Western donors who have cut off direct aid.

Unity talks continue between Hamas and the other Palestinian faction Fatah.
A Hamas spokesman said that Hamas "was not favourable to the two-state solution [a Palestinian state alongside a secure Israel] because that would entail recognition of Israel".

Another official said the question of recognising Israel was "an unprecedented one on the international level".

"The next government was not asked to recognise Israel and it will not do so," Moussa Abu Marzouq, the second-in-command of Hamas's political bureau based in Damascus, told Palestinian press agency Ramattan.

"It was not asked from the two Germanys to recognise each other, while the whole world recognised them.

"Why should Palestine, which is not yet a state, recognise Israel?" he said, also citing as examples China and Taiwan.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 14-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.palestinemonitor.org...
www.altmuslim.com...

www.palestine-info.co.uk...
Hamas said it would never recognize Israel as long as Israel didn’t recognize Palestine and agreed to allow millions of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and villages in historical Palestine, which is now Israel.

In fact Israel did not recognize Hamas or PLA even though the Palestine has been there longest (thanks to Israel’s 2000 year brake).

Also this situation isn’t knew. There is war between Israel and Palestine; Israel has occupied much of the place, cut of supplies and brought people close to starvation. Meanwhile the Palestine’s target stupid Israeli settlements with their stupid rockets

I reckon Jews and Arabs can live in peace but only if Israel accepts Palestine’s right to exist. And most of all they need to respect their borders as a sovereign state.
Furthermore when there’s a ceasefire Israel needs to quit killing terrorist leaders. This way there may actually be peace to the benefit of all.

Like Palestinian terrorists Israel frequently invades these borders and I believe the death ratio is about 1 Israel for every 9 Palestine’s so don’t say they’re better because they don’t deliberately target civilians, they still manage to be worse.

Meanwhile…
I'm sick of all this pro-Israeli propaganda in our western press. I know why doesn’t Israel wipe them out? At least it would stop the propaganda coming in from the Israeli extremists who corrupt our press (usually by buying into it).

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
www.palestinemonitor.org...
www.altmuslim.com...

www.palestine-info.co.uk...
Hamas said it would never recognize Israel as long as Israel didn’t recognize Palestine and agreed to allow millions of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and villages in historical Palestine, which is now Israel.

In fact Israel did not recognize Hamas or PLA even though the Palestine has been there longest (thanks to Israel’s 2000 year brake).

Question for you? Would you recognize anyone who doesnt recognize you? Israel and Hamas have been at war for a long time, what do you expect? You think Hamas would recognize Israel and offer to cease hostilities if Israel recognized Palestine and the Hamas Govt? Youre a bit naive if thats what your saying. If not, then please explain a bit further.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Of course ideally both places would recognise each other (naive). However I believe they both have the right not to recognise each other as long as they don’t recognise each other.
Surely you would have to be very unreasonable to disagree with that?

Problem is right now Israel is demanding that Hamas recognise it even though it does not recognise Palestine. Normally this could be quite a typical international dispute.
And it should be because personally I think this recognition stuff is s***; if anything because (by itself) it makes zero difference to the reality on the ground.

But it’s not a minor dispute as Israel has used it to justify punishing Hamas by cutting of money and tax revenue. Israel should not be doing this as long as it itself also does not recognise Palestine.
Instead it should come up with some other excuse for cutting of the Palestinians finances instead. This is really important because I for one believe Israel can come up with any excuse it likes for punishing the Palestinians-Hamas it likes so long as it is reasonable. By refusing to recognise Palestine itself; Israel has made it unreasonable to demand that the Palestine’s recognise them. Because of that the situation is highly un-progressive; if (on the other hand) Israel chose to come up with some more reasonable demands as a reason for cutting Palestinian revenue; then there is at least a chance the situation could become progressive.

So To Answer Your Question…

If I were Israel I would…
1. Ether continue to not recognise Palestine but withdraw my economic restrictions on the Palestinians (or at least come up with some other objective for them)
2. Or: I would recognise Palestine and keep my economic restrictions on Palestine until the day they recognise me.

The choice is Israel’s but it has to be made as there’s plenty of evil-trouble but little point in using sanction-force to make political demands you yourself won’t agree too.

It’s an outrage that Israel should demand the Palestinians recognise them when they won’t recognise Palestine. They don’t have to recognise Palestine ether but (if so) they need to change the objectives of their economic sanctions-force. I mean couldn’t Israel find something else to direct all that suffering towards? After all like I said this recognition business should be s*** and would be too; if Israel found something separate to demand (separate that is until Israel will do the same).

P.S No prizes for guessing I would go for option two. Though I can also understand people (on political or pragmatic grounds) going for option one.
However Israel has chosen option 3 (neither) and that is unreasonable, un-progressive and therefore entirely. Worse the situation is total folly on Israel’s part because if they recognise Palestine then the most they can hope to achieve is a submission (not a new understanding or acceptance).

My Question....
Why did Israel start these economic restrictions against Hamas; when Hamas had (as good as any) ceasefire in place? Couldn't they have at least waited till a major breakdown in relations occurred?
Could Israel really be addicted to war? Or is this just an illusion created by these questions being unanswered?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I guess hamas needs some eye glasses as Israel does exist.

What are those civilians they are trying to kill with the missles they shoot on a regular basis?

Next hamas is going to say the Easter Bunny & Santa Claus are fake too.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
sbob

They are saying they do not recognize Israel as a legit state.. as in.. they do not have a right to be there and are there for illegally occupying territory that they want.

Likewise, Israel does not recognize Palestine as a legit state because they do not like the government elected.

The very idea of 2 nations who despise eachother living in peace is laughable. Human nature. Some one must be dominated, submitted to the control of the other if they cannot live in peace.

Which, is exactly what has happend. Israel has dominated Palestine yet they keep on fighting.. an endless cycle of death and mayhem.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Palestinians dont recognise Israel because they say
it occupies their land since the creation of Israel.

in order to make peace, Hamas demand Israel to withdraw to its own original borders.

hamas wants Europe to press Israel to give back all occupied land.

Hamas Leaders Tell Europeans To Back 1949 Borders

Nov 20, 2006

(IsraelNN.com)

Hamas political advisor Ahmed Yosef, a member of the Fatah faction, said Monday that Hamas leaders recently visited Britain in order to advance a plan to declare a temporary peace in return for Israel's agreeing to return to the 1949 Armistice Lines. The deal would require Israel to surrender all the land regained in the Six-Day War in 1967.

The Hamas delegation is trying to visit other European countries also. Western nations have issued a ban on meetings between government officials and the Hamas terrorist organization.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Israel still does not talk to Hamas government whom it regards as terrorist.

Prime minister Olmert has ordered killing of hamas leaders.

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 20-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I believe their ideology was to push Israel out to the sea, not about having a Palestinian state next to the Jewish state.

new topics

top topics

join