It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Africa wants whites dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Some time ago I posted a thread about an Urban Legend (in my opinion) that describes how black people in South Africa will kill all white South Africans once Nelson Mandela dies. (Uhuru - the murder of white South Africans)

Some people, like myself, don't believe the black against white racism is as bad as some people describe it. That was until a letter published in the Botswana Sunday Standard came under my attention. It's becoming clearer and clearer that most black Africans hate white people, to such a degree that they want to kill. The scary part is that this racist hate can be found in all walks of life - from country leaders to "simple villagers"... We've already seen what happens when blacks turns against whites in Zimbabwe, and we've also seen how the Western countries turn a blind eye to the events.

If all or even some black people are like the writer of this letter, then Africa is a time bomb about to explode on white Africans. I mean this person doesn't even live in South Africa, and he is concerned with the presidency of South Africa. And with good reason, as he says so himself: South Africa's presidency is probably the most powerful position in Africa.

Newspaper Clipping - Source 1 (Download button at bottom of page)
Newspaper clipping - Souce 2

They should count themselves lucky they were not shot on the day of liberation
I have no doubts that the poor blacks will soon be rich
The sight of white beggars gives me so much joy
Perhaps it's not too late to hang a few whites in the local stadium just to remind them who's in charge

Notes:
- It's a 2.1 MB PDF file.
- The writer of the letter is from Botswana, a neighboring country to South Africa.
- "The Big Lion" is a reference to South Africa's current president, Thabo Mbeki.
- Zuma is the ex vice-president and was dismissed from his position because of corruption charges. He was also in court because of rape charges. He's got a great deal of supporters and may end up being the next president.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Wow. Is that article for real?

I don't know, it just seemed like it was written by an angst ridden 12 year old who thinks that killing the opressor is going to solve the issues and their outlook on women is quite obvious, too - through the justification of rape to the idea of distributing women.

Gem, your profile says you're in SA. What's your overall feeling for this - Have you seen this racism in action? Is there hatred? If so, do you think it's on such a widespread scale?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As far as I understand it the letter was written and send in to the newspaper by a reader - but I'm not 100% sure of this. Either way round, this is a big newspaper in Botswana, and they have the "audacity" to print it!

What is the current black vs. white situation in South Africa? It's very complex. On the surface things look very stable. But if you dig a little deeper you'll find those far-left wingers as well as the far right-wingers.

The government doesn't try to hide the fact that they are pro-black and not so much "for" whites. This can be seen in affirmative action policies where companies are forced to hire black workers no matter the skill of applicants, as long as they are black. Contracts are given to black-owned companies. In all walks of business, whites draw the short straw. They (Blacks) want to retaliate because of the "Apartheid" system, which ended over 14 years ago. (Black) politicians time and again make it very clear that white people are "bad" and that they shouldn't be so at ease with their comfort zones.

There's a lot of violence, but most of it isn't racist, with the exception of attacks on farmers, which seems to be racist. Most violent crimes are for money (hijackings/cash in transit heists/muggings/burglaries/etc.) or sex crimes (rapes).

Well, that's a very short summation of a very complex situation. It's difficult to speak for the black part of the community. I do know that most black people I know personally show no sign of hate towards my race or me. Thus there are no obvious violent behaviour towards white people, just straight-out racism.

Edit: Clarity

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If it is any consolation , it only takes one idiot to write one letter [ usually
]. I concede that the editorial climate that sees it as acceptable to print that piece of idiocy is more alarming.

It is par for the course though that the most strident and extreme idiots are the most vocal, the “silent majority “ go unheard.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
If it is any consolation , it only takes one idiot to write one letter [ usually
]. I concede that the editorial climate that sees it as acceptable to print that piece of idiocy is more alarming.

It is par for the course though that the most strident and extreme idiots are the most vocal, the “silent majority “ go unheard.

I really, REALLY hope that this is all that it is. A disturbing thought is however that during the Zuma trials, his supporters gathered in front of the courts threatening to storm the court, should Zuma be convicted either for the rape case or the corruption case. There are no official numbers or statistics on public opinion, so we don't have much to go on to know what exactly is going on - or is going to happen in the distant future.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Name me one 12 year old who isn't angst ridden!!!

In all actuality so much of the mess that is Africa can be traced back to the WHITE EUROPEAN empires of the late 19th century and their ad hoc carving up of the place (and subsequent establishing of countries on those same patterns) without any attention to the needs, desires or antagonisms of the populations involved. Is it any wonder that whites are hated? The miracle is, South Africa wasn't a blood bath, and the longer it goes without being one, the chances increase that it won't, which is good.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up Gemwolf, it's a very touchy subect over here in the states and I've found it rather hard to talk to anyone about it. There seem to be a few reasons for this, the first being the natural and expected ignorance of most people you talk to. It's been only 14 years but I have a feeling many people either wouldn't know what apartheid was or wouldn't know where it was being enforced.

The second, and probably worse, reason is that we have many of the same problems with affirmative action and other policies like that over here. There is quite a big deal made of any form of racist violence against black people but racist violence against whites is generally blamed on slavery, segregation or "the white man's natural hatred of blacks" and is seen as justifiable retaliation.

In fact, many of the far left wingers over here would even applaude some form of retalliation over there in South Africa. Granted, the far right wingers might wish a return to apartheid, but the fact of the matter is that these irrational and illogical justifications for violence against whites has created an environment where we are hardly even allowed to discuss topics like this.

Any time I've attempted a discussion about South Africa and the possible repurcussions of apartheid I've been met with the parroting back of illogical contradictory arguments that make it seem as though the white people had it coming, or that they some how deserve this. Everytime I've been told "White people ruined Africa", "White people carved it up indescriminatly" or even "White people shouldn't even be in Africa". If I didn't know better I would think that most people are in favor of black violence against whites in Africa.

The fact of the matter is that there are white people in Africa and there are black people, just as there are in countries like the US and England. We need to be allowed to have an open and honest discussion about topics like this. The discussions need to be grounded in reality or we are all doomed. The idea that we somehow shouldn't be talking about this, or that black people have a justification for their violence against white people is rediculous.

Anyway, thanks again for bringing this up Gemwolf, please keep us posted with whatever information you get.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I have a feeling many people either wouldn't know what apartheid was or wouldn't know where it was being enforced.

In fact, many of the far left wingers over here would even applaude some form of retalliation over there in South Africa.

Really? and Really?

I was born in the south in 1955 and grew up during the last days of Jim Crow and I think I know what an aparthied system looks like and its mean spirited, hateful and ugly, and it often hides behind religion to justify its evil.

AND I am a far left winger and I don't know a single soul who would applaude a blood bath in South Africa or anywhere else for that matter. And if I met someone who did, I would call them a fool to their faces.

In fact if you were to examine the threads on here, I think you would find that most of the ones (if not all) screaming for blood are usually on the far right....and they are still fools.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Their annoyed that all of a sudden they have all this power, all this wealth, all these facilities and there falling apart... and sat round scratching their heads in a collective puzzle why its not all working still....

Its called hard work. Try doing some, and hey you might see some results. The wealth wasn't by magic, the farms weren't by magic, the roads, the water, the electricity ect ect ect were not by magic.

Its called hard honest work.

The sooner black africa stops relying on hand outs, international charity and outside help and starts doing some good honest hard work, things might get a bit better.

Till then, its all down hill for them as a continent.

Hey, all you have to do is look at the dust bowel thats zimbabwe.... white man so evil, white man so bad, white man to blame for all ills.. drive out white man and we will all .........STARVE. Quick...better get white man back to work the land make food...oohhh crap we killed them and the ones we didn't won't come back....

I really at times have to remind myself that their mentality is actually from planet earth... talk about bloody backwards...... Mugabe and the south african president are just two of the white farmer / owner /worker haters, and yet, without whites their going to hell in a hand basket. Go figure.

top topics

join