It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Contains Prophecy; So What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Inspired by: www.abovetopsecret.com... where
Sun Matrix Diverts the topic from Christianities origins onto Bible Prophecy (one of the few areas where Christianity does have a lot of evidence).

My attitude towards Bible Prophecy is something along the lines of “big deal.” There are psychics other than Christians all over the world who have successfully predicted things. I myself have had a few interesting dreams one type always involve people I know being in cars (when they exit my life) or disappearing (when they’re death is imminent) (even at times when they’re death has been sudden).

Of course when it comes to extremely gifted psychics the problem is always identifying which ones are cranks. But hay; the military was able to use them under the Soviet Union by subjecting them to various tests. Trouble is I hardly think serving the Soviet Military (in whatever way) is the most holy of acts; at most it’s quite neutral.

It occurred to me that if someone was writing a new religion it might pay to include some psychic prophecies especially if whoever came up with them was quite good, and even more so if these prophecies were already included in previous beliefs (the later may or may not be the case but could be given other ancient beliefs borrowed by the Bible).

Worse Still…
Once you’ve got a prophecy it can be used for any purpose you want. For example a nun might have an accurate vision of the future, and I might read or learn of it later. I might think to myself “what if I used this prophecy to cause people to follow Satan?”
Once a prophecy has been written down on paper there is little to stop this abuse.

Current Abuse?
For all we know we might be the bad ones in the end time prophecies (not the heroes). I for one think the state of Israel has a lot more in common with a Satanic rather than Divine nation (not saying its ether but I certainly think it’s got more in common.
For example most of the 3.5% Palestine’s population (the Zionists) who received 50% of the land in 1948 have never paid for it, so don’t seem to have any concept of adverse possession even after 2000 years).

I suppose one might argue that the God(s) would prevent the abuse of prophecy by hastening peoples deaths, or perhaps even (by predicting the prophecy would be abused) they would screw it up in the first place (and accordingly?).
However it will only take a few examples of prophecy been used for evil to discredit that notion of protection.

Which really does mean…
The Bible contains prophecy; so what?
Do you agree?

P.S I personally am still a believer in the afterlife because of cases of extreme evidence from e.g. things like Ghosts (like being recorded on CCTV in high secure buildings).
However I am increasingly convinced that Christianity (along with probably Judaism and Islam) are false religions (in my view more so than many others).

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

fulfilled prophecy or yet to be fulfilled prophecies found in the scriptures given by the prophets and Messiah are 1 of the absolute proofs of G-D's Existing and the power to see/make sure what G-D predicted comes to pass.

the last thing satan the "god" of this world wants to see happen is prophecy fulfilled because ultimately he is to lose his power over humanity(matthew4:8-9/luke4:5-7/2corinthians4:4)when Messiah returns to rule this world.

satan and his angels are involved in a continuous conspiracy to keep us dumbed down and they resist the will of G-D for prophecy to be accomplished(revelation12:7-10)

it is satan,who deceives the whole world---verse9

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

ok so religion, I assume you mean Christianity for one.

Here is my comment,

The people that deny God and yet believe in an after life are absurd.

I don't mean to be funny, but for the moment, lets suppose that there is no God. Who an earth ( no pun intended) is in charge? Dead people have always been governed with leaders. Tribe elders, monarchs etc.

Its pure folly to think we can get on with whatever we want and each to their own. Why? because as in life, so it would be in the afterlife, that there are both gits and good people. The persecutors and the persecuted would still be the persecutors and the persecuted.

I cant wait for the return of Christ and I Pray that God willing all shall see the truth of him before its too late.

God sends us through the furnace time after time, purifying us from the sinful nature we are born with. Hard as that may be Its for the good of everyone. A good Christian as a better boon to everyone than any earthly law and anything that is trying to enforce it.

Without God its madness!!!

Frankly I'll take God, the Atheists are welcome to the earth.

All the best

david

[edit on 12/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Fully agree there my friend!!

Pople want everything but are willing to give nothing. Even in death.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Your post speaks more of your ignorance of the world around you than how true Christianity is.

Just because you don't understand life doesn't mean to say it's wrong. But then you're arguing solely on your own experiences than educating yourself to the scientific findings man has made throughout history.

Your loss.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
After all is said and done, usually more is said than done; not the case with the Holy Bible. Son every word is true. The difference in the Bible prophecies is they all come true. Son just remember always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I would enjoy seeing some prophjecies that have come true. Preferably those who have come to pass without obvious human intent to "prove" them (such as the creation of Israel; Pointing at a biblical prophecy, and making it come true doesn't actually make it a true prophecy)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Why easy son, open your King James Bible and it is just chock full of them. Now the major prophets are: Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. After the three major prophets is the book of Daniel and the twelve minor prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habukkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi. Now if you need some help with that just find you a fine Southern Baptist Church to attend and you'll be on your way. And keep in mind good beginnings make for good endings.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

I've been there, done that. Thanks. Including the Southern Baptist part.

However, I want to see what you fiolks consider fulfilled prophecy. Show me hte prophecy, then show me where it is fulfilled. Extrabiblical fulfillment is preferable, but whatever you've got, I guess.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

fulfilled prophecy or yet to be fulfilled prophecies found in the scriptures given by the prophets and Messiah are 1 of the absolute proofs of G-D's Existing and the power to see/make sure what G-D predicted comes to pass.

the last thing satan the "god" of this world wants to see happen is prophecy fulfilled because ultimately he is to lose his power over humanity(matthew4:8-9/luke4:5-7/2corinthians4:4)when Messiah returns to rule this world.

satan and his angels are involved in a continuous conspiracy to keep us dumbed down and they resist the will of G-D for prophecy to be accomplished(revelation12:7-10)

it is satan,who deceives the whole world---verse9

couldn't have said it better myself.

Keeper

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Rediculous.

So, because it's Satan's word, I should deny myself education, knowledge and freedom?

Well, to be honest, if either of them actually exist, I would prefer to hang out with the guy who promotes knowledge and freedom (Satan) than with the guy that promotes ignorance and sheep-like following (Yahweh).

Certainly God is powerful enough to produce complete certainty that He exists? And yet, there has been no proof. If God is not powerful enough to prove His own existance, which I personally can do rather easily, why does He deserve my respect, let alone worship, or anyone's for that matter?

And if God does exist, certainly, being loving (or not?), He will forgive those that have done nothing worse than followed 100% of the evidence presented.

If someone wants to devote their entire life to something evidently less powerful than a speck of dust, let them be my guest. However, it is hardly their business to be preaching to someone else.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by SlyCM (work)]

new topics

top topics

join