It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat gets punched in the face... repeatedly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sometimes, it's like a genie is hovering over your shoulder, and your slightest whim is granted. This is one of those times.

Go NY!

This is for the one-armed Romanian guy:

Comedian Sacha Baron Cohen has been punched in the face repeatedly after he tried one of his Borat jokes on a man walking down the street in New York.

According to reports, the actor approached a man walking down the street and said, in his character Borat's accent: "I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it."

The man did not see the funny side of the remark and began to punch the comedian in the face repeatedly.

Borat is attacked on street over joke

[edit on 14-11-2006 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I find it amusing (not saying that the assualt was amusing) that actor Hugh Laurie (the guy who plays House on House M.D. ) came to the rescue!!

So did Dr. House provide medical assistance to Borat!!

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 11/15/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hahahaha.

Okay, I think Sacha Boran is great. Pure funny. But I'm not at all surprised. It's like being surprised if the Wild Boys were mauled by a lion while trying to stick their collective thumbs up one's bum.

And this is the way to do it BTW, not that chump way of suing him. If you don't like what he's saying, punch him in the face repeatedly.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I might sound sick, but I can't stop laughing!

Borat is the best character ever, but I saw it coming really, someone had to snap soon enough.

Fair play to the one-armed matey though, he sorted it out good proper.

In the voice of Borat, ''Is nice!''.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
More press for Sacha.
He'll probably rule the box office again this weekend.
He should, it's comic genius.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't see how this is a good thing for NY. Why the heck shoudl a guy get beaten for what he is saying? He wasn't doing anything other than being, at worst, rude.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How can any right-thinking person not condemn the use of violence in this instance?

In this case, punches to the head and face are not funny, amusing, justified, etc., etc.

Amazing how the 'right to free speech' gets conveniently forgotten......

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh lets not turn this into one of those things.

You know what he does. You know that some people will take it wrong. As a matter of fact, since this hasn't happened before (to my knowledge), we should be proud of the relative restraint shown by the rest of the people he's pissed off.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
How can any right-thinking person not condemn the use of violence in this instance?

In this case, punches to the head and face are not funny, amusing, justified, etc., etc.

Sweetie, if you come to NY with wild #, you might get shot.

Everybody knows that.

I think he should be extremely thankful that he got off so easy this time. NY'ers aren't known for our patience.

Amazing how the 'right to free speech' gets conveniently forgotten......

You can say whatever you want. That doesn't mean you won't get punched in the face by someone who disagrees.

I'm not saying I would have done it, but I'm a small woman. It wouldn't have been nearly as effeective.

So, once again...

here's Borat:

btw, If you had actually read the one-armed man link, you would know that what Borat practices is not free speech- it's libel.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Well, I mean, it is pretty funny.

"you like to make the sexy time oww oww stop punching me ya tosser!"

hh
I'm not saying I would have done it, but I'm a small woman. It wouldn't have been nearly as effeective.

If you had actually read the one-armed man link, you would know that what Borat practices is not free speech- it's libel

Cohen is definitly dancing around the line on most of his antics.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
HEHE.

That IS pretty funny.

Don't people ever watch T.V?

Haven't they ever seen his show?

Take that, Borat.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is excellent!!

This guy had it coming to him for sure. He thinks he knows it all and has a big mouth.

I don't like what he does or why he does it, furthermore I can only see 13 year olds liking his work as it is junvenile.

What I find interesting is that his attacks on certain people and countries indicates his own superior attitude.

Sadly since this movie he has out is making money we will have to endure another one but I hope his gimmick' dies a swift death.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
furthermore I can only see 13 year olds liking his work as it is junvenile.

Da Ali G show is absolutely hilarious.

What I find interesting is that his attacks on certain people and countries indicates his own superior attitude.

The only country that the borat character bits are making fun of is america.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Actually, he deals with Irony. He tried to bring to the fore the persons biases and misconceptions about people and mocks it to the point of absurdity. If you look at it, he really just mocks what society is willing to put up with. He mocks how people will not say anything for the sake of not being rude. He mocks these pretenses that we stage day in and day out to fool ourselves into believing into some sense of civilized or 'above the prejudice' exsistence. He is really funny but on a deeper level his comedy is also sad.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
That's horrible, who's the real philistine?

Jokers in courts of old once enjoyed the solitary position of being able to speak the truth. That sometimes resulted in death. Fine line to walk for jesters.

Beating a man for a joke is inexcusable in my books.

Ironic Hugh Laurie helped. That's two of my favorite shows, and characters.

lol, 'I like's your clothes and want to have sex with it.'

Adorn the body..,

[edit on 8-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
HEHE.

That IS pretty funny.

Don't people ever watch T.V?

As little as possible.
Television is the main cause of all ignorance..When people quit reading books and started watching the "boob tube" :shk: IQ points went down enormously..

[edit on 8-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You cannot substantiate that with any proof. Television has informed more people more effectively as a medium than Print ever has.
The problem is not the medium, the problem is with those who provide content to it . For exampl, if you watch a lot of Disovery and History channel you are bound to learn so many things in such vivid detail that it can captivate your imagination and immerse you in the topic, where as a pedantic write-up would serve little to bring in new interest apart from those who can relate to the subject matter.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

The problem is not the medium, the problem is with those who provide content to it . For exampl, if you watch a lot of Disovery and History channel you are bound to learn so many things in such vivid detail that it can captivate your imagination and immerse you in the topic, where as a pedantic write-up would serve little to bring in new interest apart from those who can relate to the subject matter.

With that much I can agree. I don't know about the whole T.V has "educated" more people than print has...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Television has spread more media disinformation in ten years than all of mankind did in eight thousand.

Are you saying that a few decades of television has provided more information than an entire world history of books?

If so, I must respectfully say, you're an idiot. Please don't have any children; we don't need any more stupidity in the gene pool.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Are you saying that a few decades of television has provided more information than an entire world history of books?

If so, I must respectfully say, you're an idiot. Please don't have any children; we don't need any more stupidity in the gene pool.

No need to insult.

I think TV has a huge influence on education for those who wouldn't have it otherwise. If you look at shows like Sesame street, Mr Rogers Neighborhood, The Electric Company, Square One, and many other PBS shows, TV has been able to provide, or at the very least enhance education for many children who wouldn't otherwise have it.

In addition to that, technically, if you take the information available to the masses that TV can provide, and compare it to the limited range that print has had in world history (limited to those who can read, and had access to the books) including a much smaller population in general, I'm betting that TV does reach more people than the written word, and if used wisely, could educate more people as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join