It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First woman or black or gay president? America select one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I chosed this title to stir minds among ATS readers and members. We are given the gift to choose and to be free but watch where its taking us! Intricacies of life is brewing.

We could always create captivating subjects on this site to provoke mixed emotions but to what purpose?
What kind of subjects that can inspire heroism, promote wisdom instead of intelligence, propagate understanding instead of confusion, fear and apprehension?

We can be sure now, and be ready, where our culture and the culture of our children is heading. I am not sure about it, but it will be more complex and complicated.

The controversies will not stop. The laws will always be challenged. The arguments are never ending, and issues will always be raised. This whole concept of knowledge and intellect is somewhat heightened and could really endanger harmony on civilization.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by prsbuff]

[edit on 14-11-2006 by prsbuff]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
A woman president wouldn't be that much different then a regular president. A black president would be interesting. A gay president...that would be interesting.

If I could choose. A gay black female president?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That's funny to implicate somebody. This is just a title, I never thought of your candidate. But do you think she going to make it? Whover that be, she going to have a tough luck.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Woman, or black, or gay ?

If Condoleezza Rice is the lady I think she is, you could get all three in one package.
I don't think she could win against Billary Clinton at this point, but I'd love to see her try.

The attributes you've listed should not effect your vote though. A person's sex, sexuality, or skin colour should be the least of your worries.

Americans need to take a good look at their foreign policy and decide which direction they want to go, and vote accordingly.
They need to take a hard look at what energy the country will use in the future, and vote accordingly.
People need to think about the debt accrued by the government when they go to the polls.

Don't let them control you, they're your government.
You are the people, and you control them.

Just pick the best one and give them a chance to prove them self.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
One problem about aving a female president is that muslim leader probably wont even talk to her, they definitly would not talk to a gay president (they would probably stone him to death given the chance), therefore,I would vote for black.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It may be very possible the 2008 election will feature two female candidates. I realize Hilary is playing the coy senator, but she has and is gaining support. Rice may be a long shot at this point, but she could possibly move up the popularity charts.

As for my preference, it wouldn't matter to me what sex, race, religion, or sexual preference they are if they could bring a little financial accountability to the table.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We've probably already have had a gay (or at least bisexual) president. Rumors abound about several of them, including Abraham Lincoln and James Buchanan.

[edit on 11/15/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I believe the US will have a black male president before any female (white or black) is elected as the president.

This is just based on my feelings that females represent the largest group of discriminated people on the planet. Sorry, I don't have an official report to back that up its just based on my observations (i.e. corporate america).

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'd prefer to have an honest, humble and intelligent president. If that happened to be a quadrapalegic, black albino, jewish woman—more power to her.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
I'd prefer to have an honest, humble and intelligent president. If that happened to be a quadrapalegic, black albino, jewish woman—more power to her.

Honest politician?

I didn't know there was an Oxymoron Party.

I need to change my registration status ASAP!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Leaders should be elected on merit rather then there race or sex. Its as simple as that.
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You know I don't much care what race, creed, color or sexual orientation any person is and it definately doesn't matter in a President so long as that individual does the job to the best of their ability. I will in the next election as I have in every election vote for the person I believe is best suited for the job. My fear is that once again I will have to settle for voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm definitly going to agree with some of my estemed colleages here and go for a hot black lesbian president.
Can we make her jewish too? No, better, a member of the nation of Islam?

Lets also consider that we've only had ONE catholic president in all of US history. Minoritiy groups tend to get the shaft in the presidency.

Hmm, we could resolve this by having....President Shaft.

Another interesting question might be, if we have any of the above, what party will they be from?

Clinton seems a possible female president. Though, Powell would be a formidable republican candidate, ESPECIALLY if the democrats drop the ball on the iraq issue. People might go back the republicans, and especially a respected general.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I cant see Clinton getting very far to many of her core supporters dont seem to like her.
Powell may be to moderate for some Republican supporters and the fact that he was a part of the Bush admin may count against him in the eyes of some voters even thou he is the most respected former member of the Bush admin.

I would much prefer to see Powell in the whitehouse. As much as I dislike the Bush admins Iraq policy I dont respect people whos opinion differs according to the polls.

top topics

join