It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosslyn pictures?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
There was another Masonic show on and it showed Rosslyn and on the inside was an engraving of a templar holding cable tow and blind fold on a man.

Does anyone have a picture or a link of pictures of the interior's vast detail?

Has there been any publications of a book showing all?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Isn't Google grand....

Photo Tour of Rosslyn Chapel

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i saw that documentary, i belive it was on history, could have been nation geographic though. But it was very good, if i remember correctly it covered alot of the templar and masonic carvings within the chapel and used this as it's basis for suggesting that the templar had been the forefathers of the masons following the friday the 13th arrests in france that was the springboard for the templar inquisition

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
i saw that documentary, i belive it was on history, could have been nation geographic though. But it was very good, if i remember correctly it covered alot of the templar and masonic carvings within the chapel and used this as it's basis for suggesting that the templar had been the forefathers of the masons following the friday the 13th arrests in france that was the springboard for the templar inquisition

Most scholars believe it was created as a Templar church, one of my largest interests is where did all the Pagan and New World iconography come from. Templars had there pagan influences of course, but not enough to explain the ordainment of Rosslyn, much less the new world imagery. Absolutely fascinating.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
thats a good point, there are alot of pagan influences in the carvings and stone work of the chapel, and i think that is because the templar understood that the reglions of the western world were all trying to give the same message, but with different terms and symbols

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
yeht, the show you saw was on the History channel. In the documentary, Christopher Knight (author Hiram Key) contends that Rosslyn Chapel is Masonic. The engraving you are referring to is this one…

(screenshot from History Channel documentary)

Which he says represents…

currently on Google video

part 1
video.google.com...

part 2
video.google.com...

[edit on 14/11/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Others Speculation: Buried beneath its been said, lies the Ark of the Covenant containing the tablets of the Ten Commandments which Moses rec'd from the Almighty.
Knights Templars found the Ark in the catacombs or tunnels below and around Jerusalem. Which were hidden just before the Babylonians attacked.

The Ark of the Covenant was not of the list of stolen items from the Temple or Holy of Hollies. Initially it is thought the Ark of the Covenant was taken to Ethiopia, Axum (sp?), for safe keeping. But a Temple built there has the Knights Templar insignia marked on all the walls.

The banner carvings adorning the Chapel wall edges around the ceiling are supposed to contain a sort of code. I have no particular belief how many or where the Ark of the Covenant is today. But found the theories of investigators fascinating.

Though I have not been there, video's of the Chapel building are quite outstanding. It was built in the fiteenth century, I think.

edit: link for gen info: en.wikipedia.org...
Dallas

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Dallas]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It does appear fairly certain that one of the Sinclairs(William I Think) made at least one voyage to the americas at least 50 years before columbus' much touted trip. As I recall
( and please correct me if memory does fail) He sailed from Orkney ( he was Earl of Orkney) to Arcadia by way of Greenlandand Iceland. Then down the Eastern Coast as far as Maine or Mass., There is of course the legendary association with Oak Island also.

Other legendary associations with this Sinclair are a tower , a rock etching ( both close together but I cannot remember the exact location), and a Familial association with the
Royal house of either Denmark or Sweden ( again memory fails me). There is also an Irish connection someplace. Historically the route followed by Sinclair is the same
as that followed by Ericson and later by Irish fishermen who were said to frequently
land on the shores of the Americas to dry fish for the return home.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wonderful picture! The drawing is of great help.

As far as the true secret, my thoughts are this in York Rite there is a degree I think that covers a ritual of the lost word also know as lost word of masonry,etc. Now I have read who knows what masonic book that speaks of the lost word being found under the temple. Coincidence?

Masonry-York-Knights Templar in order.

Everyone always forgets about York Rite

Now what am I missing about the two Saints John?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yeht , I could be wrong but I think you may have your rites mixed up. Scottish Rite
would have been the prevelent system around Roslyn. However I think
it is in the 3rd degree, the Master Masons Degree the the discussion takes place
first. And one must be a MM before pursuing either York or Scottish Rite.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I find this thought provoking as the the change of the York Rite & the Scottish Rite, the Scottish Rite appear's to have been scapegoated as an ultra-satanic Neo nazi Masonic Oder thing to do.

The York Rite more proffessional.

The SinClairs are an interesting lot, so aclled guardian's of the Scottish Graal, namely the continuation of the Scottish Rite and the Graduation of the Templar's Multiplicited Secret's, toward's a more Gnostic Medievalised Route.

I have lived there for at least 6 month's, stolen wood from Prince Charles's land, chased rabbits and hares with lurcher's, perused the Chapel, drank Alchohol in the Masonic Pub's, had gathering's with local Romani, searched the valley's for Masonic & Ritual use's, the Baphomet - Monkey Head being the best thing in the Valley and William Wallace's secret chamber which is full of Candle Wax - OOEEOO.

The Wounded Head Pillar is immense whilst under a Hangover & a under Hash-hish.

Don't steal the local good's they are due for a Curse, esp used in a Ritual Con-text of reading cheap Skinhaed exploitation 70's book's.

There is a long way to go from 3rd Degree to the 33rd never mind the 94` Degree's which can be bought over the Internet or learnt from Master's.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's my dream to one day get to see the Rosslyn Chapel in person. Who know's maybe dreams come true.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

these are depictions of the second degree cerimoniy of freemasonry, the church was a templar/masonic church, the angel with hai standing up is not lucifer, lucifer is the green man inside of the leafy star of david pattern.
And by the way rosalyn church was said to be a copy of the temple of solomon

new topics

top topics

join