It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

militia immaculate only allowed members of freemasonry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me if I am getting this correct. As my understanding would have it the exception of Catholics to be members of a Masonic lodge is being a member of militia immaculate (unspoken in the lodge) to do apostlic works?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There are many more knowledgeable Masons on this board than myself, and this was a recently discussed topic here so I will give you a link and give my 2 cents.

Are Catholics still excommunicated....

While I am not sure what you are meaning by (unspoken in the lodge) I can assure you that no Mason would ever discriminate against you for being Catholic, at least not in any Lodge worthy of the name. I am also curious what you mean by militia immaculate, I looked around and could not find an official source for it? Post it if you got it.

The link I gave was the most recent discussion on Catholicism and Masonry, I am sure some Catholics will say otherwise here, but with a few exceptions, I know a great deal of Catholics who are also proud to be Masons.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well I have found Docs to present day including the current pope stating the feelings of Masonry. However in 1917 St. Kolbe founded the Militia of the Immaculata. For the little I have found it's original orgins were for Catholics to join Masonic lodges in means of apostolic works. The main basis of heresy Catholics felt the degrees promoted.

As far as unspoken I meant doing silent works for the vatican. To my understanding the sole purpose for this org was freemasonry and at least at that time only an MI member could join a Masonic lodge or other org that was previously banned by the Vatican.

Pursue the conversion of every person living in sin, heresy, schism and especially Freemasonry, and the growth in holiness of all persons, under the sponsorship of the B.V.M. Immaculate.

The original charter

"She shall crush your head" (Gn 3:15). "You alone (Mary) have crushed all heresies in the whole world" (former Office of the BVM). "Modern times are dominated by Satan and will be more so in the future. The conflict with hell cannot be engaged by men, even the most clever. The lmmaculata alone has from God the promise of victory over Satan. However, assumed into heaven, the Mother of God now requires our cooperation. She seeks souls who will consecrate themselves entirely to her, who will become in her hands effective instruments for the defeat of Satan and the spreading of God's kingdom upon earth." St. Maximilian Kolbe, OFM Conv.

There has not been much on the web, I think earlier documents would show more but I am not sure where they would be housed.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here's a [url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=militia+immaculate+&btnG=Google+Search[ Google Search[/url]

Lots of info out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Catholics are forbidden by the church to join masonry, regular or otherwise.

If you are saying that the church will permit it, so long as they are some sort of 'secret agent' for the church within masonry, I suppose that they'd permit that.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

If you are saying that the church will permit it, so long as they are some sort of 'secret agent' for the church within masonry, I suppose that they'd permit that.

Wow, Catholic spies! That's exciting! I think it's a well known fact that the Catholic Church has done some shady things, and they have a lot of secrets. A secret order that infiltrates the Freemasons? Interesting. I find it strange that it's referred to as a militia, as if they're waging some sort of unconventional Holy battle on the Masons.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
I find it strange that it's referred to as a militia, as if they're waging some sort of unconventional Holy battle on the Masons.

LOL what a funny thought! Once these militia have "infiltrated" freemasonry and then the "higher levels" I wonder what they'll do next. Start learning ritual I suppose

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
LOL what a funny thought! Once these militia have "infiltrated" freemasonry and then the "higher levels" I wonder what they'll do next. Start learning ritual I suppose

My worry is who else are the waging a Holy Battle on secretly? The US government? The NFL? Microsoft? If they have secret militias infiltrating every organization in America, they could have total control! If they've already taken control of the Masons then they have control of the US Military already...uh oh!
Well I guess that would explain why this country is so Christianity-oriented. Something needs to be done about that, too. I think I'll start a militia and infiltrate the Vatican ranks.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I am joining, and I have talked to my priest and he has no problems with it.. as long as I was happy the Church was happy (though he said I need to go to church on sundays.. which I do because my g.f is into the Church where as I could care less
)

I think the whole Masons are evil and the Church "excomunicates" you if you join is blown way out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
When St. Maximillian Kolbe saw Masons organizing protests outside the Vatican gates, with banners such as Satan trampling St. Micheal underfoot, and shouting obscenities, he saw a need for an organization that would assist the church against freemasonry. One of the reasons he founded the Militia Immaculata was to have a society that would pray for the conversion of Freemasons, and also live out their consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary and promote her cause.

A member of the Militia Immaculata would not join Freemasonry, becuase one reason they were founded was to protect the church from Freemasons.

The Website for the Militia Immaculata in North America is

www.consecration.com...

10 Reasons Catholics can not be Masons from the Militia Immaculata site is here

www.consecration.com...

[edit on 17-11-2006 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I find it strange that it's referred to as a militia, as if they're waging some sort of unconventional Holy battle on the Masons.

The organization isn't engaged in any event like that. I didn't mean to say that they were doing this. THe op suggested that the RCC permits people who are members of the 'mary militants' to join masonry. The RCC permits NO catholics to become masons. I was speculating that they might do it if the person was going there to infiltrate masonry for the church.

rock puck
and I have talked to my priest and he has no problems with it.. as long as I was happy the Church was happy

Regardless, the RCC does not permit it. The preist does not have the authority to permit any catholic to join, not even a bishop can let people join.
[quoteI think the whole Masons are evil and the Church "excomunicates" you if you join is blown way out of proportion.
I don't think any catholic has been excommunicated over this in, probably, a few generations. Might make interesting trivia if someone was!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

My worry is who else are the waging a Holy Battle on secretly? The US government? The NFL? Microsoft?

ATS?? Now there's a thought!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
When St. Maximillian Kolbe saw Masons organizing protests outside the Vatican gates, with banners such as Satan trampling St. Micheal underfoot, and shouting obscenities, he saw a need for an organization that would assist the church against freemasonry.

It's a shame he found himself unable to differentiate between the kind of irregular "freemasonry' found in Italy and the regular masonic world. Not only would regular freemasonry not be involved in such nonsense, but even a protest gathering in the name of freemasonry against the catholic church is completely against the fundamental tenets of (regular) freemasonry - non-discussion of and interference in religion or politics.

I think the Vatican qualifies as both!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
While I don't believe that a protest such as that would ever take place under the guise of Masonry, it is VERY true that the majority of Mason's view Italian Masonry as completely "irregular." I do not know why Italian Masonry is so different, perhaps the proximity of the Vatican, but not many view Italian Masonry as "on the level."

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
THere are many types of masonry, and the english type is far less radical and involved in politics as the continental european types.

Masonry in Italy is especially unusual because its had to deal with, not merely the RCC as a religious organization, but also as the temporal ruler of the papal states. It was an entirely different world back then. People today don't really appreciate just what 'the authorities' really were back in those days. There were lots of secret socieities organizing for liberty, which meant that they had to stand in opposition against the RCC and the monarchs, most of which the RCC was legitimizing.

So whereas the american liberal revolutions were against the british taxation system and involved written consitutions and legalism, in europe, it was far more explosive and far more radical. When guys like Garibaldi helped overthrow the Papal States, its perhaps not too surprising that the papacy would consider masonry a threat.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
While I don't believe that a protest such as that would ever take place under the guise of Masonry, it is VERY true that the majority of Mason's view Italian Masonry as completely "irregular." I do not know why Italian Masonry is so different, perhaps the proximity of the Vatican, but not many view Italian Masonry as "on the level."

The short answer is that Freemasonry does not interfere in either Religion or Politics, on both a personal and most certainly a global level. In Italy, due to the nature of the development of the country and it's culture (and Nygdan has alluded to that above) the freemasons there found themselves irresistably drawn toward both (which are interlinked there) and consequently moved outside of the accepted level of masonic regularity.

In recent years Grand Lodges have been formed in Italy which are perfectly regular (e.g. the Regular Grand Lodge of Italy) but these are very much in the minority.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join