It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine Corp counterattacks, chasing after a couple of insurgents.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by marg6043
And guess what history is repeating itself.

Thankfully not entirely, soldiers aren't treated like they were in the past. However Iraq just like Vietnam, can/could have been won. If we cut the political/military tie developed after WWII and stop letting politicians and civilians run the war and also stop letting public opinion affect the decisions on the ground we can win. However that wont happen until we get hit in the face, but by then it will be too late as we wont be facing idiots with masks spraying and praying.

How many soldiers need to get killed and maimed to make you feel happy and for you to have your chest swell with patriotism in a fictitious war made by the present administration.

Whatever, you see this war as "fictitious" I see as it necessary strategic move that will increase US military, economic and political influence and presence in that part of the world. While it may not make sense to most, it will pay dividends later on, though we may experience some because of it. It will help us better deal with current powers in the region and rising future ones elsewhere. Wars are seldom fought without additional reasons and ambitions, the US wouldn't be what it is if they were.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

Im telling ya. We need to do what general pershing did to terrorist before WWI.. If you have no clue what im talking about then read the below statement.

Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on
the United States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So
General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution.
He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of
the, now horrified, terrorists.
Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals.
Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs
at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its
meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those
virgins) and doomed to hell.
The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to
execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big
hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood,
entrails, etc.
They let the 50th man go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not
a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.
Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Iraq?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well for those that still think is all about wining and getting a Democratic elected government.

What a fiasco when probably the same insurgency that is attacking our troops are the same ones that are getting trained by our own troops they just take off their uniforms to do the attacking.

But hey wait, they eve go on day light and take over entire groups of people wearing the uniforms.

Funny but guess what, those are the realities of wars.

And get who got caught in the middle.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good call Semperfoo!!

Fight fire with even hotter fire. We aren't vicious enough to the terrorists. Think about it. Terrorists are experts at terrorizing. So to make them back down would mean you would have to out terrorize them. That means we have to get meateaters and other type of crossed over SF operators to go way beyond their bag limit while hunting for terrorists. They should be so vicious and overwhelmingly violent that we get accused of poaching al queda, talibani, and iraqi insurgents. Leave the war on terrorism to the experts (Marcinko like SF guys) and let our soldiers and troops go home and be redeployed in more effective manners worthy of their traditional function.

Also, the humvee even armored should have a tourqier engien, so they can accellerate quicker and run those insurgents over. And maybe a people plow like trains used to have for cows on the front grill. Ie... that movie Deathrace2000. Wish someone like bill gates would spend 200 million of his pocket money to help out with this project. I should start a petition requesting him to do that. They could even advertise Microsoft on the side of the humvees. The cars may be funded by Microsoft but the terrorists would nickname them hummers Notsosoft.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Well for those that still think is all about wining and getting a Democratic elected government.

What a fiasco when probably the same insurgency that is attacking our troops are the same ones that are getting trained by our own troops they just take off their uniforms to do the attacking.

But hey wait, they eve go on day light and take over entire groups of people wearing the uniforms.

Funny but guess what, those are the realities of wars.

And get who got caught in the middle.

70% of US casualties in Iraq are caused by IEDs. Snipers are a serious problem to. other then that, these jungle bunnys arent doing anything special. Some of them im sure do get trained by US and coalition soldiers only to use the same tactics in ambushing and killing them. However the insurgants are not going to defeat the US military. the insurgants know this and know that there only way of haveing even marginal success is to sway the american ppl through the american media. They are winning the media battle. They know this is the only way to get rid of coalition troops. Make it a political war and eventually we go home. Sound familiar yet??! I happen to think we can be and should be tougher on these animals.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

Im telling ya. We need to do what general pershing did to terrorist before WWI.. If you have no clue what im talking about then read the below statement.

Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on
the United States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So
General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution.
He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of
the, now horrified, terrorists.
Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals.
Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs
at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its
meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those
virgins) and doomed to hell.
The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to
execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big
hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood,
entrails, etc.
They let the 50th man go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not
a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.
Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Iraq?

This is exactly the sort of Tactics we need to install, these people/animals are so blinded by there "version" of Islam that fighting fire with fire is about the only remedy. The fear of going to hell is about the only thing that will stop them.

Start the experiment at longstay Guantanimo Bay.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Really? for somebody like you, is hard to understand the complexities of war. Our troops are losing anytime that one of them gets killed by the so called weak and coward insurgency because even when so many have been killed they still attacking our troops.

You just fail to see the overall picture.

And is not end to these insurgency at all.

... by your definition, we should surrencer when we recieve the first casualties....

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

... by your definition, we should surrencer when we receive the first casualties....

Surrender? to what? US already achieved the purpose of the invasion in Iraq. Didn't you forgot about the purposed of the Iraqi invasion?

Let me remind you,

Invade the country,

Liberate the people,

Take Saddam,

Find the WMD,

Establish a democraticaly elected government at least two times.

So. . . that was done with not problem at all. Remember.

Remember that the War on terror came into place after invasion, but it was not terror in Iraq before invasion, just the one that Saddam brought to his own people.

NO we did our job and having our soldiers going from total victory to running after thugs and having themselves blown up only shows that the same people that put our troops and military in that country careless of what happen to our soldiers and how many needs to die until they fell lie it.

Is a shame and a misused of our troops.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

... by your definition, we should surrencer when we receive the first casualties....

Surrender? to what? US already achieved the purpose of the invasion in Iraq. Didn't you forgot about the purposed of the Iraqi invasion?

Let me remind you,

Invade the country,

Liberate the people,

Take Saddam,

Find the WMD,

Establish a democraticaly elected government at least two times.

So. . . that was done with not problem at all. Remember.

Remember that the War on terror came into place after invasion, but it was not terror in Iraq before invasion, just the one that Saddam brought to his own people.

NO we did our job and having our soldiers going from total victory to running after thugs and having themselves blown up only shows that the same people that put our troops and military in that country careless of what happen to our soldiers and how many needs to die until they fell lie it.

Is a shame and a misused of our troops.

Marg I know your against the war. You hate it, its ugly, theres all sorts of awful sh*t going on.
You do acknowledge that under saddam the reason why that country wasnt acting the way it is now is because of fear? People were afraid of that government so much that they dare not disobey. Saddam killed millions and millions of his own ppl. Saddam has had WMDs and has used them before ON HIS OWN PPL! Does the gasing of the Kurds ring a bell? Our troops are doing there job. You happen to be against this war, so to you it is misuse. Thats not the way i see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Marg I know your against the war. You hate it, its ugly, theres all sorts of awful sh*t going on.

At least you understand my point.

But is not excused for the mess that now the country is facing. Saddam gave them fear but it also gave them stability, now is more fear and terror.

I will say not more, because is not excuse for what the Iraqi people is facing right now, without Saddam.

It makes you wonder who was the worse, liberation or SAddam.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

At least you understand my point.

You freakin kidding me?. I can read you like a book

But is not excused for the mess that now the country is facing. Saddam gave them fear but it also gave them stability, now is more fear and terror.

Well I agree and disagree. Pre war Iraq was the result of fear. Something we need to maybe instill a little more into these ppl?
And many people in Iraq go about there daily lifes. The media only reports one side of the story. I guess fear and death sale better then building up infrastructer and ppls rights.

I will say not more, because is not excuse for what the Iraqi people is facing right now, without Saddam.

Cmon dont be a party pooper now. Saddam killed millions of his own ppl! Thats why he had the type of pull over his own ppl. He had a unbelievable resume of killing his own ppl. There were no rules when it came to saddam killing ppl. Thats the difference between coalition troops and pre war iraq

It makes you wonder who was the worse, liberation or SAddam.

Now thats just stupid. Millions of ppl killed under the tyrant regime of saddam versus a few hundred thousand killed during the liberation of Iraq? Its sad that that is even a comparison. But dont let your hate and anger over this governement and this war blind you.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Now thats just stupid. Millions of ppl killed under the tyrant regime of saddam versus a few hundred thousand killed during the liberation of Iraq? Its sad that that is even a comparison. But dont let your hate and anger over this governement and this war blind you.

Do I smell and insult?

Now Saddam millions of killing was nothing than speculation and never proved the amount of mass grave never reached the expected body counts.

Now they are dying in hundreds and more a month and without accountability for the first two years of war.

Yes I am darn mad about how governments can lied to the people that elected them for personal and private agendas, that do not benefit the people in our nation and neither the people and country that has been targeted.

I suggest that next time watch out how you put your words because I am offended by the used of the world stupid.

BTW you don't even come close to read me at all, no at all.

Just dream that you do.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey Marg, remember that Saddam's cronies are the same people killing Shiites just like they did many years before the overthrow of Saddam. Al Qaeda decided to join the fun.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Hey Marg, remember that Saddam's cronies are the same people killing Shiites just like they did many years before the overthrow of Saddam. Al Qaeda decided to join the fun.

Shiites, sunnis they all finding themselves blown and killed in even counts. Kurds are the so far luky ones.

But hey the elected government officials are teaming now with many of the so call insurgency and terrorist to do the killings, kidnappings and militias to do their thing.

Because if they don't they will be killed too.

Yes the elected government, police and military are showing themselves for what they are.

Is more to come Delta things are not looking good, and corruption is now ruining the elected government.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Really? for somebody like you, is hard to understand the complexities of war. Our troops are losing anytime that one of them gets killed by the so called weak and coward insurgency because even when so many have been killed they still attacking our troops.

You just fail to see the overall picture.

And is not end to these insurgency at all.

I understand the complexities of war, marg, and you're becoming the ATS equivalent of Tokyo Rose.

How can you watch our troops overcoming and winning in battle and call that losing?

Do you ever watch or read anything that people post or do you just start with the propaganda when you see a thread title?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

How can you watch our troops overcoming and winning in battle and call that losing?

Do you ever watch or read anything that people post or do you just start with the propaganda when you see a thread title?

See Grady, everything that I said about this war in Iraq and what I thought about it, regretfully has become true.

It was a reason why I have been so negative about anything in Iraq.

When things are done under false pretenses and people die in masses because of it, just like Saddam got his day in court [or that is what we have been fed], so the irresponsible people that took us to this war will face justice.

The death of our troops and the death of the people in Iraq will no go without punishment in one way or the other, people will see the truth and is already happening.

You will see Grady, you and many will see . . . Politics is a dirty business, the 2004 support for the war on terror that was exploited by politicians on both sides, now has turned into an anti-war political campaign.

Is so predictable that it actually makes it scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join