It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine Corp counterattacks, chasing after a couple of insurgents.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
CAUTION! Some profanity and violence (non-bloody). This is actual combat footage. Watch at your discretion.
www.youtube.com...

Well that was exciting, reminds me of police chase videos. They eager to go after the insurgents. Looks like they manage to kill one, maybe two.

Also, I like to mention that it could have been a trap when they chased after them, leaving them vunerable with no reinforcements to come help in time.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by deltaboy]

*Added disclaimer*

[edit on 14-11-2006 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yes i thought that, could of been an ambush down there, but looks like it turned out ok, got a couple of bad guys.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
"Get Some! Get Some!"

Marines kill me, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yep, they sure got them good, but the big brass balls took over a little too much in opinion. They don't even know where they are at the end, this could have ended in a tragic mess. I'm glad the Marines made it out in one piece after all.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is the norm in Iraq. Insurgents don't stand a chance in face-to-face combat with U.S. forces so don't wonder why the use of road-side bombs and snipers are the preferred method for insurgents to use. The better trained, better equipped U.S. forces dominate the battle every time.

Sadly this poor guy doesn't get an actual trial, but then he gave up that right when he started shooting at law-enforcement officials.

Marines kill me, lol.

Yeah, that's what he said. (Without the LOL part)

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes our troops stand no chance on this type of war fare because it has no pattern and not rules of engagement.

That is why is been so successful by the part of the insurgency targeting our troops when they are on patrol.

All they have to do is hit and run, but with one problem, here in the US it will be a helicopter to follow the perpetrators, but where our troops are is always a welcome place to hide.

Sad.

bih

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
This is the norm in Iraq. Insurgents don't stand a chance in face-to-face combat with U.S. forces so don't wonder why the use of road-side bombs and snipers are the preferred method for insurgents to use. The better trained, better equipped U.S. forces dominate the battle every time.

Sadly this poor guy doesn't get an actual trial, but then he gave up that right when he started shooting at law-enforcement officials.

Marines kill me, lol.

Yeah, that's what he said. (Without the LOL part)

wow thats funny comparing usa forces with some weak insurgancy that has no tanks or planes to fight with
I would too use road side bombs because thats the smart way

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That "Weak" insurgency has killed over 11,000 Iraqi civillians so far this year

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes our troops stand no chance on this type of war fare because it has no pattern and not rules of engagement.

What are you talking about? Our troops have killed far more of the enemy then they have killed of us, military we are winning, politically however it's a different story. They stand no chance against the US military, either conventionally or not.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What are you talking about? Our troops have killed far more of the enemy then they have killed of us

Really? for somebody like you, is hard to understand the complexities of war. Our troops are losing anytime that one of them gets killed by the so called weak and coward insurgency because even when so many have been killed they still attacking our troops.

You just fail to see the overall picture.

And is not end to these insurgency at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Our troops are losing anytime that one of them gets killed by the so called weak and coward insurgency because even when so many have been killed they still attacking our troops.

That's the type of thinking that loses a war, when you go in with the notion of "if we take even on casually we have lost". Unfortunately that is what has become of American society. The terrorists are weak and to an extent cowardly. They largely have no training, no discipline and no big weapon systems, that is why they will never win a face to face conventional fight and why they avoid it. What they do have however, and you have to give them credit for this, is the stomach to take heavy looses and yet still come back to fight. Because they know the US psyche and most of us will give up after a short while.

It's not as long as we keep fighting by their rules and with one hand behind our back.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Our troops have killed far more of the enemy then they have killed of us

Really? for somebody like you, is hard to understand the complexities of war. Our troops are losing anytime that one of them gets killed by the so called weak and coward insurgency because even when so many have been killed they still attacking our troops.

You just fail to see the overall picture.

Not even killed,just wounded or just making it back home. Everyone,from all sides on the issue are saying that our troops that are coming back are just as psychologically messed up as vietnam vets. There is no front line,no relative sense of security even while in camp. Everyone there is potentially going to try to blow you up. I've even seen reports on bush admin's best friend-fox news that there will be more amputees than there were in vietnam. Just like before,many employers aren't hiring these vets because of fears of mental instability.

Strategically,you can argue back and forth about whether we are/can win or not. But in all other aspects we lose,just like everyone in war loses.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Marge I would have to say your not really seeing the entire picture. As westpoint siad... military wise we are winning.. politically we are loosing (or Iraq is loosing.. they are completely retarded at governing them selves)

Cassualty wise we have not lost very many men. honestly, do you ever expect a war where no one on our side dies? .. kind of defeats the purpose of enganging in battle.. to kill one another..

Thousands .. an unknown thousands have insurgants have died. In the opening hours of the war more Iraqi military men died then the US over the entire war.

It is all up to the Iraqi's political skills now.. which is apparently not very good..

Because Iraq was taken down by an out sider and a weak populace given power, the only way to correct the exchange of power is to allow open war fare with no restrictions (remove military) and allow the victor to procede as the main body of government (weak people who have power given to them will not know how to handle the power they receive, and will eventually loose it)

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That's the type of thinking that loses a war, when you go in with the notion of "if we take even on casually we have lost". Unfortunately that is what has become of American society.

Excuse me!!!! I am a realistic woman that has seen the end of Vietnam as a teenage and has seen the result of it on our veterans, you probably was not even born to remember anything but what you read on books.

Is realism and what I witness during the end of the 60s and all through the 70s.

And guess what history is repeating itself.

How many soldiers need to get killed and maimed to make you feel happy and for you to have your chest swell with patriotism in a fictitious war made by the present administration.

Tell me how many soldiers, while you sit here and made comments on the type of sentiments like mine that knows realities and no dreams about war and its end results more and more soldiers are coming home with disabilities they will enter a society that will have to deal with their long term disabilities and support them for life.

So tell me how many need to be like that so This administration would not lose face.

Reality is reality and is about time that the dreamers get to wake up and face it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Marge.. what is a soldiers job? .. To follow orders. Join to fight. Not join to sit on your !@$ and hope nothing bad comes your way.

Saving this administrations face?

Well, Dems will have control of the house and senate. Can't wait for all those changes..

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Marge.. what is a soldiers job? .. To follow orders. Join to fight. Not join to sit on your !@$ and hope nothing bad comes your way.

A soldier's job is to defend its country but not to die in wars that are made on lies and for the benefit of private agendas.

Yes you are right they still had to do what they are told.

Like bush said only victory will be acepted but what it doesn't tell is that our troops and military already achieved the purpose of this war, that was the victory.

Well, Dems will have control of the house and senate. Can't wait for all those changes..

You are not alone on that one.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Probably shouldn't have chased them into unfamiliar territory...could have been a trap. But I'm still glad they wasted one of those little S***'s. What those marines need is a humvee that can accelerate faster...so they can just run them over wholesale. I would have run over the downed insurgent and then kept up with his little friends.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
What those marines need is a humvee that can accelerate faster...so they can just run them over wholesale. I would have run over the downed insurgent and then kept up with his little friends.

Not much they can do about it since its armored which makes it heavier which in turns makes is slower. The reason the Marines managed to catchup is that the insurgents' car was stucked in traffic so they bailed out and ran like hell as the Marines came into view. Wish we had a video from the insurgent side to see their reaction when they saw the Marines coming towards them at the turn.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And guess what history is repeating itself.

Thankfully not entirely, soldiers aren't treated like they were in the past. However Iraq just like Vietnam, can/could have been won. If we cut the political/military tie developed after WWII and stop letting politicians and civilians run the war and also stop letting public opinion affect the decisions on the ground we can win. However that wont happen until we get hit in the face, but by then it will be too late as we wont be facing idiots with masks spraying and praying.

How many soldiers need to get killed and maimed to make you feel happy and for you to have your chest swell with patriotism in a fictitious war made by the present administration.

Whatever, you see this war as "fictitious" I see as it necessary strategic move that will increase US military, economic and political influence and presence in that part of the world. While it may not make sense to most, it will pay dividends later on, though we may experience some blowback because of it. It will help us better deal with current powers in the region and rising future ones elsewhere. Wars are seldom fought without additional reasons and ambitions, the US wouldn't be what it is if they were.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

A soldier's job is to defend its country but not to die in wars that are made on lies and for the benefit of private agendas.

A soldiers job is to do what theyre told. Its to make sure no man gets left behind. To fight for and with your brother in arms.

Now try and spin that how ever the hell you want but it wont change the above statements.

Honestly who cares about this administration saveing its face?!

Like bush said only victory will be acepted but what it doesn't tell is that our troops and military already achieved the purpose of this war, that was the victory.

To kill as many of those suicideal sand bunnys as possible!!! To get the Iraqi ppl a government that can learn to stand up and pee in the potty like a big boy. Take away from that what you will....

You are not alone on that one.

YAY from the party..... with.... absolutely..... NO IDEAS!!!..... Lets just come out and say it already.... WE'RE SCREWED....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join