It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.32ACP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There's a thread over in Social Issues that poses some interesting questions about the .32 caliber cartridge.

I'd appreciate it if some here with more experience with this cartridge would hop over there and give us some help.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2006/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I heard the .32cal is less powerful than the .25cal cardridge for some reason, I talk about alot of odd firearms chambered for these kind of weak cardridges in a Saturday night special forum.

the .32 is also known as the 7.65mm I believe.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
.32 ACP = 7.65 Browning and it's concidered too weak for anything useful, 7.65 Parabellum (Luger) on the other hand is much more formidable cartidge and with modern loads could be transformed into a decent AP round... 7.65 Tokarev is the russian version that's even hotter, so please state additional caliber names with a 7.65 or .32 statements

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The .32ACP is not a potent round, but definitely more so than the .25ACP, although I'd still rather not be shot with either (or even a BB, although that has happened before..)!

I had a Taurus PT-132 in .32ACP. I like the mild recoil of the round, and also that it's just considered a little "odd-ball" now of days (compared to 70-90 years ago).
I liked the sights and feel of the PT-132, but the trigger was horrible.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Rumored to have been John Browning's favorite cartridge.

Biggest drawback is the totally unnecessary semi-rimmed design and the associated issues of rimlock in the magazine, especially for rounds with a shorter OAL such as hollowpoints.

new topics

top topics

join