It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise, Rigged Voting, Gas Price Control, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So the elections are over. Which of the following conspiracies did you spend hours trying to convince ATS members were going to happen yet never did? Do you still hold onto these cynical beliefs?

1. Karl Rove's October Surprise - Hmmm I guess he did brainwash Kerry into speaking some foolishness...

2. Diebold rigged voting for republican victories - Hmmm, really worked. Oh I know they just didn't rig them enough...

3. Gas prices - I guess it's too early to tell but how long do we need to wait to determine if Bush's "big oil" buddies will stop holding down the prices since the gambit failed to get republican's elected?

Three major political conspiracies that got lotsa press on this board, All debunked (I'll assume the oil one is until something changes)

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I didnt try to convince anyone nor do i believe they are cynical beliefs. But Id have to go with gas prices since i seen a 2 cent drop the day before the elections at my favorite gasup, and then 4 days later an 18 cent increase at the same place and still climbing. Wheres the hurricane, wheres the oil refinery fire? No where, just climbing gas prices again. There was an excellent thread authored on here a few months ago about an Oilopoly here in California. I think its still ongoing and getting worse here. We never dropped to the level the rest of the country did in pricing and i think we have more refineries here than most states.

I would just like to say WTF. IN that thread it stated the refineries here were owned by 25 companies, now they are all owned by 5. A statement from one of the owners of the companies was, "why fill up the reserves when u can charge more for the demand" Kinda brought it all into perspective for me when i read that. Just my opinion though, no need to convince anyone else of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just because Republicans lost majority control in this election means that all the conspiracy theories are bunk? There is such a thing as a failed political crime. See the 1972 Watergate buglary for example.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
2. Diebold rigged voting for republican victories - Hmmm, really worked. Oh I know they just didn't rig them enough...

There is a group called the Election Defense Alliance now making this exact claim.

electiondefensealliance.org...

new topics

top topics

join