It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Any Political Hopes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Alright, first of all I was going to put this in PTS, but I
could'nt figure out where to put it, so for now I figure
I'll put it here.

I was watching the news about the various things about
the government, mostly about the new Congress.

It got me to thinking about politics, and I started won-
dering how m any of my fellow kmembers have political
hopes.

So, do you intend to go into politics, and if so, what exactly?

I myself am planning on going into politics when I'm old
enough (I'm 18).
I plan on at first either unning for governor or senator of
my state (Washington) and eventually running for president,
probably in the 2028 or 2032 elections.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If I were to run for a political office.......

Let me start off by saying this.

I will start off with the small things in politics, like becoming th emayor of my hometown. I would possibly be one of the best mayor's this town has ever had.

Next.

After being mayor for a few terms, I would then focus my attention on the County Commissioner's spot. I would run my county with a fine tooth comb like it should be.

After that.

Then I would for a seat on the House of Delegates for the State of West Virginia. I just can't think what district I am in though. I think that I might be in the First District. After that I would run for a State Senate seat after sometime on the House of Delegates.

Third.

I would run for election for the United States House of Representatives out of the 30th District of the State of West Virginia. After I would serve a few terms, two terms, depending on the length of the term. After the success I could have in the House of Representatives, I would eventually run for the Office of the Presidency.

I'm twenty two right now, and for me to become eligible for the Presidency, I would have to be thirty five years old at least. I got a 'few' policies that i would try to get signed into law.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sure we all think we'd do a better job if we held somekind of power, but I'm not nearly corrupt enough nor ruthless enough, so no.

Plus, I'm not a multi-millionaire nor do I have the backing of a multi-millionaire, which to be honest dictates more whether a politician wins an election or not than if they have good policies.

A politician gets elected on two factors, how much and how good the propaganda they can pump out is and how bad the opposition is. Oh, and if the party wishing re-election does something stupid like invade a country for no truthful reason...

[edit on 14-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

new topics

join