It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why cant christians accept the origins of christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Please provide one thing from Christianity that came from Zoroanstrianism.

the murdered and resurected God/King as I recall.

What you will not find similar in other religions is God sending a Messiah to die a sinless death to grant grace to those that will accept it, through which one may obtain eternal salvation

perhaps you should have paid more attention to your NA teachers. Or perhaps they chose not to cast this pearl before a particular swine at a particular time.

Christ predicted that there would be an end of an age in the lifetime of the apostles.

perhaps because the "end of age" began at or near the time of the birth of R. Jeshua.
the end of Aries and the beginning of Pisces. Just as the " end of times" foretold for our lifetime occured ca. y2k. The end of the Piscean era and the beginning of the Aquarian era.

No I AM correct 100%…

nope . the list that I mentioned made up the compilation that constantine had printed.
that in itself would constitute the first "official printing". Perhaps you missed that I also said that It was changed several times after that. as I recall Justinian removed
references to reincarnation, the resurection was added, The Magdalene was attacked, etc,etc,etc.

another aspect of "The Gospels" is the time before the were written, that is actually
put on paper or parchment as the case may be. How many times were they passed "from mouth to ear"? These writings were with out doubt passed between groups
many times before being committed to paper.
There are many scholars that agree that the myoptic gospels are all based on earlier traditions. There is no doubt the ( and I always get these two confused) Matthew and Luke are blatent plagerisms of Mark( or the other way, Matthew is the plagerized work). Then of course you have to add the "secret gospel of Mark", which changes the total outlook.

In addition to these things you need to take into account the discord between Saul
called Paul, Simeon called Peter, and The Church @ Jerusalem led by James the brother of Jeshua and The Magdalene. There is no doubt that this strife existed.
Even the writings known as the bible testify to it. Saul himself is quoted after his last altercation with James and the Elders( who sent representatives to debunk Saul) as saying" There will come after me those who preach a different Jeshua". This situation was even presented by hollyweird in The Last Temptation.

Now lets look at Saul upon who's rants most of xianity is based. Sauls "claim to fame and veracity" stem from a "vision" that occured " on the road to Damascus"
while he was in the employ of the temple gestapo.

First he would have had no authority in Syria, nor would the Governing Authority allowed him to forment revolt. If however he was in route to one of the Essene communities he might have enjoyed some authority. In any case, what ever his destination, most sources agree that he experienced some form of traumatic experience that resulted in a vision/hallucination, experience. there are several
versions of what happened. one being heat stroke, another fatigue from not eating,
another that he got drunk (and fell) off his ass, and hit his head on a rock. The result was the same he had a vision/dream/hallucination what ever. Upon this he developed His version of Jeshua which ultimately became the "true"
version of the Jeshua story.
The question remains what is the difference between his version and say Jim Jones
or David Koresh's versions? They all had Visions of the same Savior.

sorry strayed a bit off topic.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have noticed how often people post an External Source and that is supposed to be proof. Anything that I don't say is an external source. Just because someone said it doesn't mean it isn't true.

The topic is to discuss why Christians don't want to accept the origins of Christianity.

If you, Sun Matrix, state that Christianity began when Jesus died and was reborn, then how can you quote Old Testament prophecies to prove Christianity?

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Now, approaching this from the traditional Canonized Bible (composed from ancient Hebrew scriptures and later scriptures taken over by Roman in order to create christianity apart from the root)....

It says that God has had all our current dilemna (present day human chaos namely war violence hunger and despair) resolved fully in plan and preparation - basically having it as good as solved (except for time to be required to pass for whatever reason - that's not relevant to my point here) from a point prior to it even being created in the matrix of our experience as inevitable....

In other words, the problem of death God had already remedied it before Adam and Eve heard of such a thing called 'death.'

God has a vast staff of helpers, both in flesh and in spirit - the latter being Angels and their heirarchy of host - and the former being a various and colorful crew of prophets, holy men, marytyrs, oracles, and apostles (those just sent with various talents and purposes)....all of these, it would stand to reason, had some inkling at least part of the plan - at least the part in which they played their certain part.

God is ONE - creating all human beings, without exception - there is no other God creating or running the show - I think Christianity, Judaism, and Islam would agree that there is just one God. Maybe a different name, but yet this ONE God did the same things - either someone is copy-catting the God of another (which is pointless since God is big enough to go around for all of us to have all of HIM) or is just plain lying (which I doubt seriously - what is the purpose of that to such a degree?)

God overthrew the tower of Babel (or perhaps that means He overthrew the civilization of Sumer which was the earliest we know of in the Mesopotamian valley - including cities such as Ur and Elam and Nippur (?) - there were 7 in all it seems - lets just call that Babel)....God said no to the city they wanted to build upon their own name - so the people were scattered and diversified and this inevitably led to diversification of religions. God obviously knew this good and well. He did it on purpose.

When He came to Abraham to make Himself known - which led to the plan (doomed to fail of course by God's design) that Israel ( a person not a country) would have a clan of descendants who would be a living demonstration about how good God really was and what He would do for those who would follow His simple rules (not levitical rules) and obey the schedule for the land's sabbaths and jubilee years - it was a gentle way to show the world how their creator was not living in a piece of wood and could do so much more than roast some hot dogs at noon!

Along the way, ever since Sumer, there were a few here and there that got next to God (for whatever reason) or perhaps sometimes those who were sent that had been sent and figured out the story of immortality (after all angels are geniuses - all of them are closer to the 200 than the 100 on the IQ scale) or perhaps they were even sent with the knowledge of what would someday be - in order to act out a pre-empted resurrection passion play (that never must have been as dramatic somehow since they faded into 'myths' while Christ's death and alleged resurrection (72 hours later) became the most prevalent religion in the world (albeit a different one spread by Rome but Christ did become 'the' standard for resurrection and was not relegated to myth by the majority of persons - some unbelievers included. Probably this is because of the eyewitnesses and the literature which was left as support.

Now God set up the world to have various religions - does that not prove that perhaps He knew that there would have be various ways of getting the message (that we are not mortal just mortality-bound for this 13,000 years because of sleeping memories) across to us - no matter which culture we happened to be born into (not as if it is something that we can be blamed for - being born in Sri Lanka doesn't mean God is cutting us out of what those who live in US and the UK etc are getting a chance at! that's just nonsense if you believe God created all of us, and if he loves you then he loves all the rest just the same as he does you!

Perhaps this is a crucial thing that we are needing to remember, before the time is up (that is, the end of the mortal season or 'evil age' which is virtually over now, but we have some time - 7,000 years of documented history has been crammed full of reminders in some form or another - many religions formed in order to spark remembrances - and all over this recurring theme of God's son dying and then rising again, not dead but alive! Even once it was a girl, Inanna! In Sumer Inanna was the 'christ!' Maybe by the time it came to be in front of our eyes when we could read and write at a time in history that ensured it would not be overlooked - it would be something we could no longer deny!

Maybe when we die it's not what it seems! Maybe we are to follow Christ in order to get out of the cycle of mortality? Maybe if we don't know Christ we have some kind of example to follow in order to defeat our fear of death and pass through back to where we used to be?!?? Perhaps Inanna and Tammuz and Mithras and Osiris were doing dramatics to create myths and legends to keep us wondering and to make it an issue year in and year out until finally it was manifested!

Think about it, Christ lived in a small little area (in the same latitude all his life) and was in the public eye (such as it was) for a small time - his crucifixion isn't even something we'd know of except for Mary, Peter, John, James, Paul, and the rest - would we even consider them anything but crazy nut's ramblings if we hadn't already had the idea of resurrection and immortality fed to us with our mother goose and brothers grimm all our lifetimes?

Chrisitianity isn't anything special AS LONG as it presumes to hold a monopoly on the path through death to immortal death - forged through first by Christ - I truly believe - but not just for one group of people - but for ALL people!

Who cares if Zoroaster had things in common with Osiris or Ra or if Herrnes has things in common with the Book of Job or maybe even Paul (I don't know I'm making that up Hermes is good by himself)???? Who cares if Tammuz copied Christ - after all 'Didymus Judas Thomas' was Jesus' twin (named Tammuz) and Nebuchadnezzar was God's appointed ruler over all the earth including Israel - if you think you can fit the life and light of Christ into just one historical person of your choice - even if you call him Jesus - you are still worshipping an idol - putting your idea of God inside a box you picked out yourself.

God only HATES that because it keeps things from progressing - as long as you try to put Christ into one person and argue that only your Christ will get you to heaven (Or whatever your goal is)- then you are missing the point for which all these 7000 years of hard labor including pain strife and death on the parts of so many sent by God for YOU has been gladly suffered through - that point is that until you realize Christ is given to all of us to be within us all in order to pass us all through successfully over to the side not bound by mortality then you maintaining your own state of death and waiting in vain. The God who saves is in man and Christ upon whose arms He will lift us each up above what we now flounder in is IN OUR HEARTS!

RIGHT NOW!

If you love another person, then Christ IS and is in YOU. Even Hitler loved his mother so I know there is no excuse - atheists you don't have to believe any of it except that love is going to lift you up - and if you can't believe that, some of us will have extra in order to make sure you aren't left behind in this dying world. The new world is waiting to bloom all around us but first the old must die. Division and strife and war is old! It will stop if we realize it's all our own doing - are we one or are we many? Which is better - sorrow or joy? Losing your loved ones to bullets and swords or having a whole world full of people who love someone and who are loved by someone - if we remember that we are brothers then we should not kill each other for any reason at all!

No one has to be religious in the new world, either - it's totally free choice - let's just get there and then we can decide for ourselves!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Queenannie,you said something that I must take issue with. *GASP* Annie actually said something that I disagree with!!

Here is what you said that I must take issue with:

God is ONE - creating all human beings, without exception - there is no other God creating or running the show - I think Christianity, Judaism, and Islam would agree that there is just one God. Maybe a different name, but yet this ONE God did the same things - either someone is copy-catting the God of another (which is pointless since God is big enough to go around for all of us to have all of HIM) or is just plain lying (which I doubt seriously - what is the purpose of that to such a degree?)
`

Why do you "seriously doubt" that some, not exclusively Christians but any religion, are lying? Look, religion, particularly the three major ones, have turned to tools of control. Why,in order to maintain their power,wouldn't they lie?

Christians are not necessarily the only concealers in the religious world. One has to remember that most, if not all, religions have been concocted such as it fit the societies norms and mores. I am not anti-religious, but I am anti- truth hiders, which is something I think all religions are guilty of.

When I look at the world today, I see a mass of humanity filled with individuals who always want to be right. As I have said repeatedly, not everyone can be right. And no one body can be right all of the time. Folks, someone has to be wrong. However, politicians,pastors/priests, teachers,scientists, et cetera will lie just for the sake of being declared "right."

Annie, while I agree with you most of the time, I think one of the things you tend to miss, this is just an observation not a criticism, is how dark the human mind and spirit really is in this day and age. While I know that in the end,because God has already decreed, everything is going to be okay, I don't live under the assumption that everything is okay. It certainly is not. We have global corruption on every front. Politics, corruption. Education,corruption. Religion,corruption.

So again.... do you still "doubt seriously" that we are being lied to? I don't. As a matter of a fact,I'd venture to say that I know we are being lied to.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sun has asked a few times for a bible prophecy that hasnt come true.

here are a few that are linked:

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

all in reference to the end days, and save me that junk about "dead in christ" , heard it all before. why did Jesus tell his followers the end times would happen while they were still alive and here we are 2000 years later and no end times?

and so you know Sun, i can go all day wearing you out with untrue Bible prophecy.

heck, here is one of my own:
Sun will not answer this prophetic problem i have shown him without skirting the issues and interjecting his answer with something that was NOT written or implied in the context of the verses, but which is still believed to be true by people of his "ilk" even though there isnt a SHRED of evidence to support it biblically.

am i now GOD?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by I am Legend
Sun has asked a few times for a bible prophecy that hasnt come true.

here are a few that are linked:

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

all in reference to the end days, and save me that junk about "dead in christ" , heard it all before. why did Jesus tell his followers the end times would happen while they were still alive and here we are 2000 years later and no end times?

The first thing I suggest is that you keep reading the verse and you will see that Jesus was transfigured before them.

1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power. 2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them. 3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them. 4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. 5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid. 7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him

Secondly, understand that the kingdom of God is within you. It is the power of the Holy Spirit.

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

and so you know Sun, i can go all day wearing you out with untrue Bible prophecy.

So far, I'm pretty much unimpressed. Please continue to attempt to find an untrue prophecy. I will be happy to respond. CONTINUE IF YOU CAN.

heck, here is one of my own:
Sun will not answer this prophetic problem i have shown him without skirting the issues and interjecting his answer with something that was NOT written or implied in the context of the verses, but which is still believed to be true by people of his "ilk" even though there isnt a SHRED of evidence to support it biblically.

am i now GOD?

I'm not really understanding the point that you are trying to make. Are you God? No.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here is a Bible prophesy that didn't come true

You will do what I have done and more
By Jesus

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I have noticed how often people post an External Source and that is supposed to be proof. Anything that I don't say is an external source. Just because someone said it doesn't mean it isn't true.

The topic is to discuss why Christians don't want to accept the origins of Christianity.

If you, Sun Matrix, state that Christianity began when Jesus died and was reborn, then how can you quote Old Testament prophecies to prove Christianity?

You can't have it both ways.

The Old Testament proclaims the Jewish Messiah. Their own writings declare that they will not see their own Messiah but that the Gentiles would see Him..............AND SO IT HAPPENED.

Actually, Christianity began when the first person accepted the Messiah as their savior. They weren't called Christians until years later.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am sorry, but I am tired of playing the game. It just doesn't work anymore. You can't just say that someone is a saviour and by believing a story you will be saved from what? Hell? And you expect people to believe it.

Because someone is martyred doesn't mean that mankind is saved by believing it. It is totally senseless and I've tried to believe it, to make it work. It doesn't.

You cannot explain the logic of this. If you are going to tell a story tell the story. Don't make up some stupid story and expect people to believe it.

Why would Jesus crucifiction (note the word fiction) save me from my own karma?
Why would his blood save my life.

It makes no sense

Wake up. Stop the lie. You can't even believe it yourself, do you really?

It is a bunch of hard to understand old writings and it makes no sense and if it makes sense to you it is because you don't think it through.

This is Above Top Secret. Not a Christianity proving board.

Edit by IA

I apologize for the reckless post. I just get frustrated by this conversation, Sun Matrix, you aren't even acting real, you hide behind scriptures you don't even have a personality. Something in me gets mad about you. Sorry

[edit on 15-11-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why do you "seriously doubt" that some, not exclusively Christians but any religion, are lying? Look, religion, particularly the three major ones, have turned to tools of control. Why,in order to maintain their power,wouldn't they lie?

Granted, one of mankind's biggest foibles (ranging to downfall, LOL) is self- deception. I know this and have had to face it in my own life - it is something that WE ALL do - every day, lie to ourselves, even when we don't realize it. It is a very painful process to realize this but once you do, you can at least see when you're trying to pull one over on yourself. And it helps to see the world in a more accurated light - many people I encounter every day lie to me - but they aren't lying to ME - they are lying to themselves and don't know it....I know it so I readjust accordingly. But I don't judge them or condemn them I know where they are at - been there myself and didn’t know it for years! Still go back sometimes, I will admit – I try to catch myself on the road instead of inside the gates, but it does happen. At least I can monitor myself better…. People don’t lie, for the most part, about big things like this on purpose – we purposely lie little white lies…it’s just social graces.

BUT religion is something that affects our souls, our eternal futures – anyone involved in religion is not going to want to lie to others – if they are mistaken it is not out of deviousness but out of being misled or jumping the gun on their knowledge level – something we all do because of the very nature of the topic ….we want to be sure even if we just think we are sure – at least we can sleep tonight thinking if we die God will take us up to His place instead of giving us to the devil for the weekend boar roast.

I personally have no regard for any religion whatsoever; I do know there is but ONE God and that God is called many names and sometimes the different parts of the divine nature are broken up into ‘gods’ but Allah is the same as El Shaddai who is the Father Most High and Christ’s power of Authority! There is but ONE God. Religions can do what they want – I know God will reach us all and that is His how He can do it – by being all things to all men – that wasn’t Paul speaking, but God speaking through Paul.

Christians are not necessarily the only concealers in the religious world. One has to remember that most, if not all, religions have been concocted such as it fit the societies norms and mores. I am not anti-religious, but I am anti- truth hiders, which is something I think all religions are guilty of.

But do you really think they are lying to mislead others on PURPOSE? That’s something almost impossible to imagine someone would devote time and energy to. We fool ourselves like crazy in religion, no doubt – but it is self delusion and it is not malicious to ourselves our others – although dangerous in various degrees no doubt. I just figure if I stick to myself and stumble God will correct me and if I trust Him and not men I won’t be so had to correct or to teach as those who put another person or group between them and God.

I personally don’t trust any religion in it’s presented form because I understand (these days) man’s capacity for self-delusion as a coping mechanism and just how easy it is to convince one’s own self (the easiest person to lie to and get away with it self!) I don’t trust myself, either - but I do trust God. I may sound nuts, but I am being honest when I say I truly have a conversation with God – I communicate with Him and He with me – it is various ways and some strange but I know it is God. He has showed me in my dreams things that only God could show a person…He has proven to me that He is right here with me and even has shown me stuff on paper and other tangible ways that HE is very real and right my side always.

When I look at the world today, I see a mass of humanity filled with individuals who always want to be right. As I have said repeatedly, not everyone can be right. And no one body can be right all of the time. Folks, someone has to be wrong. However, politicians,pastors/priests, teachers,scientists, et cetera will lie just for the sake of being declared "right."

No doubt – such a rush on to be ‘right’ to the point that everynight someone, somewhere is serving crow!

Annie, while I agree with you most of the time, I think one of the things you tend to miss, this is just an observation not a criticism, is how dark the human mind and spirit really is in this day and age. While I know that in the end,because God has already decreed, everything is going to be okay, I don't live under the assumption that everything is okay. It certainly is not. We have global corruption on every front. Politics, corruption. Education,corruption. Religion,corruption.

Yes I know how dark the human mind is – it is scary. But I am not talking about mankind’s ideas of God – I’m talking of God! There is just one! He loves us all! As dark and as horrid as our minds can sink, He can straighten even the worse one of us up. I know this from personal experience – Paul and I have a lot in common – Paul knew what God did to Him and I know what He’s done with me. So the power I have experienced has my full and unfailing confidence to do what is promised!

So again.... do you still "doubt seriously" that we are being lied to? I don't. As a matter of a fact,I'd venture to say that I know we are being lied to.

By God? NO WAY! By man, sure - that is the nature of the beast (and man is the beast that lies not an angel and not some supposed satan - man cannot help it because he cannot see past his own skin) – but not because we are lied to in order to deceive us - there is no devil vying for our souls - our souls are lost and wandering – we are caught in the cross fire of layers of coping mechanisms and diversionary tactics. That’s why I don’t worry about what men say – God doesn’t lie but all men do – that’s fine with me… God will save us all because all he has to contend with us our own humanity and when its time He will make short work of it, believe you me.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I am sorry, but I am tired of playing the game. It just doesn't work anymore. You can't just say that someone is a saviour and by believing a story you will be saved from what? Hell? And you expect people to believe it.

Because someone is martyred doesn't mean that mankind is saved by believing it. It is totally senseless and I've tried to believe it, to make it work. It doesn't.

You cannot explain the logic of this. If you are going to tell a story tell the story. Don't make up some stupid story and expect people to believe it.

It makes no sense

It is a bunch of hard to understand old writings and it makes no sense and if it makes sense to you it is because you don't think it through.

This is Above Top Secret. Not a Christianity proving board.

Edit by IA

I apologize for the reckless post. I just get frustrated by this conversation, Sun Matrix, you aren't even acting real, you hide behind scriptures you don't even have a personality. Something in me gets mad about you. Sorry

[edit on 15-11-2006 by interestedalways]

You are in a religious thread talking about Christianity..........DEAL WITH IT or move on. If you want the truth you can find it. If you turn away, that's your choice.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Right on! Christ came to open the path from death to life to pave the way for the salvation of the world - which will become of the efforts of those in whom Christ comes back in (the saints in which He will be glorified). He made sure that the second anointed one that is sent is 'without sin' so that all efforts will be 'unto salvation.' Not just of souls - but of this actual globe! Without a globe, what good is anyone's saved hide? We are killing this planet and the only way to fix it is for some small flock to come with the mind of Christ and sent by God and set things in order.

No, but if the angel of death becomes a man and then dies in order to ascend to the realm of life - and all must follow Him, then one thing accomplished is life for all. Mankind is saved by death because the angel of death gave up his job and took another one.

I know Sun can't explain, but I do have some very good explanations for the crazy stuff I am saying!

His bloodline will save the lives of many - but it is living blood that saves, not spilled blood. The spilled blood just paid the ransom (or was it bail bond money)...anyway we are no longer prisoners of the earth but free citizens of all the universe! As of early October, in fact! This I also have proof of.

Or demonstrate trust in it with patience and kindness toward all people, a loving attitude says a lot as far as who is really 'in' with God and who isn't, IMO.

I used to feel the same way, girlfriend. But he's really not so bad - just doesn't let anyone know he actually has a caring side...

I think perhaps fear is the only thing we have to fear - I fear nothing - how about you, Interested Always?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You are in a religious thread talking about Christianity..........DEAL WITH IT or move on. If you want the truth you can find it. If you turn away, that's your choice.

Truth is found in God - not any religion even christianity.

My one ACE of 'God' beats your full house of christianity any old day!

And ps I love you, man!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

In just one line you have somed up christianity and the reason for its fall. I hope I'm not a bad influence on you!

No one is going to buy the going to hell for not repenting anymore, they need a new fear. The governement is doing pretty good with this terror thing. You christains have to come up with a terror campain just dont go after the witches this time, them are some good peeps. I just wish they would bring back the pointy hat thing, that was pretty darn hexy, I mean sexy.

Did I just ramble or what? I should

Originally posted by queenannie38

And ps I love you, man!

Even on a Sunday? heheh

]

[edit on 15-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Now God set up the world to have various religions - does that not prove that perhaps He knew that there would have be various ways of getting the message (that we are not mortal just mortality-bound for this 13,000 years because of sleeping memories) across to us - no matter which culture we happened to be born into (not as if it is something that we can be blamed for - being born in Sri Lanka doesn't mean God is cutting us out of what those who live in US and the UK etc are getting a chance at! that's just nonsense if you believe God created all of us, and if he loves you then he loves all the rest just the same as he does you!

Good stuff annie, I wish I had your grasp on the whole thing, sometimes I think you have a far better grasp on religion than anyone I have met.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

And ps I love you, man!

Pure Christianity is not a religion..........it's simply the truth. The prophesied Messiah died for the sins of men(and women). Those that accept the free gift of salvation will be saved. It's a choice. Those that reject the Savior die in their sins.
I have been harder on you than any poster on the board as you have a great ability to lead people astray. You use a lot of spiritual warfare that most are blind to. But no problem here. I worry more about the sheep than the wolf. In spite of all that you know I care about you and your eternal future.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

And ps I love you, man!

Pure Christianity is not a religion..........it's simply the truth. The prophesied Messiah died for the sins of men(and women). Those that accept the free gift of salvation will be saved. It's a choice. Those that reject the Savior die in their sins.
I have been harder on you than any poster on the board as you have a great ability to lead people astray. You use a lot of spiritual warfare that most are blind to. But no problem here. I worry more about the sheep than the wolf. In spite of all that you know I care about you and your eternal future.

Didnt you read what she just wrote? God is truth! Not words in a book, or a concept!

God is the truth, such a simple concept, yet you refuse to admit it. I bet if you met God you wouldnt know him/her. What if God came to you wearing a pentacle and told you that to believe in th ability to sin and just ask forgiveness has been wrong you would mistake him for not what he would be. God is truth. God is love. God is forgiveness. Anything else is not.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Didnt you read what she just wrote? God is truth! Not words in a book, or a concept!

I'm a little more interested in what God has to say on the subject.

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God is the truth, such a simple concept, yet you refuse to admit it.

Well lets see.......the word is truth..........the word is God..........the word became flesh..........Jesus became flesh and is the word. No, I am not having any problem believing that. I freely abmit God is truth.

I bet if you met God you wouldnt know him/her.

Bad bet.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

What if God came to you wearing a pentacle and told you that to believe in th ability to sin and just ask forgiveness has been wrong you would mistake him for not what he would be.

Not really following you, but the Pentacle is a symbol of Satan...........I'm sure God is aware of that.

God is truth. God is love. God is forgiveness. Anything else is not.

God is all those things...........He is also Righteous...........He is Just..........He is perfect and without sin. Because of his righteousness he will judge the world. We can't be good enough. He that breaks one part of the law breaks all the law. And yet he provided a way of escape for those who believe.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I have been harder on you than any poster on the board as you have a great ability to lead people astray.

You call that 'hard?' Dude - you have no idea what you are up against. Not me - but that which is IN me. I have no great abilities to lead anyone anywhere. But God in me, Christ in me (YES that's right! RIGHT NOW Christ is IN me) they have the ultimate ability to lead souls to the truth. I am just an instrument - I rarely fight to get my own ideas in, these days - I just let them do the talking!

AM I special? NO. Christ is in all of us - but not all of us surrender to Him - most would rather prove their own beliefs as valid - or prove their religion is 'the one' - all sorts of things the human spirit tries to prove as it wrestles with its savior within the heart and mind.

You use a lot of spiritual warfare that most are blind to.

Warfare?

Love your neighbor as yourself is warfare? Seek God within is warfare? Read the bible and ask God to show you the truth is warfare?
Well, maybe it is warfare - but if it is then I must be a member of His ARMY!
I fight no one - but I do fight for the WORD of God to be heard as it is written:

LOVE LOVE LOVE
GOD IS LOVE
GOD is MERCIFUL
GOD HAS FORGIVEN US ALL
We must reconcile ourselves to Him and to one another! We are all brothers - we are all one!

I worry more about the sheep than the wolf.
Actually it is the she-goat and the Dragon who should worry you (that is, if you are worried about little old me.) The wolf is the tribe of Benjamin, which of course applies to me, too, as well as the tribe of Dan, Asher, Napthali, and Judah. In fact the blood of all 12 tribes runs in my veins - along with those of Edom and also of the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, and even back to Sumer, even the Hopi and the Apache, Navajo and Anasazi and also the Aztecs....All the blood of the all kindreds of the Earth run through the bloodline of the LAM. Not LAMB but LAM.

If you must worry, worry about God's daughter (opposite of son, remember?)

But better to worry about your neighbor - are they hungry? Do they have a winter coat? Don't worry about if they are christians - just make sure they are feeling love from those who use that name - and those that don't. No one is fooled by names or by affiliations (that is, those on the 'outside.') They see love and they see judgment in the eyes of others, and you can't fool those who don't feel your religion is anything more than your own coping mechanism and diversionary tactics to avoid deep introspection and self-examination!

In spite of all that you know I care about you and your eternal future.

Thank you for that, I know you are sincere! And so I no longer feel you have something against me - I know you truly think I am misled. But what I worry about is the world - each and every soul in this world is on my mind night and day.

I talk about Yehoshua being my brother - no doubt you think it is melodrama or some such. But when I say that I mean LITERALLY. He was, He is...He came first and then I was sent to do my part. I know you don't believe me, but it isn't about me - it is about God and what He has promised He would do...I am here to testify and to show that He is as good as His word. This world is not full of strangers, in my eyes - it is full of souls that exist because of things that happened long ago and which I had a part in. So ALL the bad and horrible things every soul has suffered, I feel intensely motivated to rectify.

Remember there are two anointed who stand beside the LORD of the Earth - one came to take on sin and abolish it so that the next could come and not worry about sin but instead take care of the people - the salvation of the world depends upon brotherhood and until we all understand that we have but one Father we will be suffering unnecessarily.

God has given me authority about certain things - you may scoff at that but time will tell, and I have nothing but time. And there is no reason that you can't be right there, too! God has made His spirit available to all men but it is going to be quite the campaign convincing them of that! 2 months into it and I know of 3 or 4 who have come to the awesome understanding that they are truly free and liberated from both the earth and from sin and that whatever they desire and pray for will come to pass!

Try it, Sun - you will see that it is available to you, too! Pray for something on the news or in your family....then watch and wait - it will be accomplished as you asked! I have seen this with my very own eyes and it is enough to go talk to the Pope about - maybe I will....I'd like to meet him.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What happened to addressing the subject of Christ not being the only "Christ"? That's what this thread is about. Christianity, no matter what feelings you have inside, is not an original religion, but an adaptation of earlier religious concepts. And, aside from the bible, which can not be used as evidence there are no records showing that Christ existed as he did in the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join